New 3.9.1

ricabullah

First off, big thanks from me too, not particularly for EVR, just for everything :P .

I have just installed a fresh Vista 32 to give it a shot...

EVR standard works pretty well with both, DXVA emulation for MPEG-2 and DXVA 2.0 for H.264. The only drawback I am experiencing is that high resolution OSD's (e.g. 1024 x 768) do not look too good. There seem to be some restrictions concering scaling on input pin 2 or something like that (video on input pin 1 is scaled properly). It looks way better if you tune to a HD channel. So OSD quality seems to be pretty much dependant on video source resolution.

Edited by CiNcH

Another thing which is interesting to me:

Change: H264 now works with PIP. Think twice before using HDTV H264 in both (Main and PIP).

İs anybody who has given it a go? (since i've been living some dish problems)

I wonder what does this mean in the changelog.

"- Prepared: AAC support. Just waiting for working audiocodecs."

Isn't there at least few free of charge AAC codecs around? At least the Nero AAC codec is available, free and very good quality. There are decoders also available, like the one in ffdhsow for exsample.

CiNcH, this is really another good news!

VMR thing is, yes, screenshot isn't :P . Can you confirm that? I mean the scaling problem...

Isn't there at least few free of charge AAC codecs around?

It is a special AAC packaging for streaming purpuse (called LOAS/LATM). Decoders for that are just about to show up...

Edited by CiNcH
Change: Zoomsettings are saved now for all aspectratio not only for automatic.

OK, recall function added.

But what is wrong with me?

With previous version, in full screen mode i could easily pan and scan to fit the window on my LCD TV screen.

I can not now?

Anybody confirm?

Edited by ricabullah

I guess it doesn't allow to overscan in auto mode since the maximum scale is accepted its own aspect/resolution. You can pan/scan through down but not up.

(BTW CiNcH, i like your sign.)

Edited by ricabullah
I guess it doesn't allow to overscan in auto mode since the maximum scale is its own aspect/resolution. You can pan/scan through down but not up.

Register evrprop.dll

than you have all options in EVR Renderer

Thanks CiNcH!

proppage dll has already been registered.

I registered evrprop.dll this time.

Restarted my PC.

I can't see above picture on the EVR properties page.

Also, i see "display" under settings as grey; i can not reach that.

And for the first time i got BSD with my PC; before and after registering evrprop.dll.

What is happening?

Sorry, i was trying to get the properties page on connected graph.

Now i got it with View > Filters > EVR Renderer.

But on the other hand, "display" insists on staying gray.

And /can't zooming 4:3 streams via "zoom"/ issue is still going on.

Edited by ricabullah
VMR thing is, yes, screenshot isn't :P . Can you confirm that? I mean the scaling problem...

Yes, this is positive. No need so-called "nVidia VMR fix" anymore.

On the other hand, a second positive is i can get two h264s as PIP even it is the same channel.

On same tp i have just one HD channel but at least it is a sign that it's gonna work.

Yes, this is positive. No need so-called "nVidia VMR fix" anymore.

CiNcH,

I have to make a correction in my mistake.

I did not notice whether "VMR fix" is ticked by default. (it was not default on previous version)

When you untick "VMR fix", you gonna see that the same issue still persists.

It means nothing has changed at the VMR issue.

Edited by ricabullah

While EVR selected i can not adjust display properties. (contrast, brightness, etc) It is not active.(gray)

On the other hand it is active with VMR9.

I don't think it is EVr related issue since it works on GE while EVR selected.

When you untick "VMR fix", you gonna see that the same issue still persists.

I meant no quarter-picture bug with EVR. So it handles multiple inputs correcly except for the OSD quality. I actually wanted to know how high resolution OSD's look in your case and whether they also suffer from degraded quality (see my screenshot above).

I am not talking about stretching a 4:3 skin to 16:9, but a 4:3 skin on a 4:3 display for example (e.g. the XIC3 4:3). Does it look normal in your case? Please have another look at my screenshot on post #3.

I have problems with all other skins except the default one.

Either DVBViewer crashes or does not show anything on OSD. Back to "Default" and everything ist fine.

Every skin in a new installed folder, has anybody an idea?

You always should restart the DVBViewer if you change OSD skin.

No man, high resolution skins are just of bad quality with EVR on SD channels, it has nothing to do with aspect ratio or the like. Just tune to a SD channel an check OSD font with XIC3 skin. Just check my screenshot, do fonts look like that or are they smooth in your case? And which GPU are you using?

Edited by CiNcH

This is really amazing. Thank you for the incredibly hard work. DVBViewer Pro is certainly worth the money. And now I can watch BBC HD streaming from my desktop to my laptop downstairs through HDMI smoothly. At first I thought there was a bug with the new version because it was jumpy, but it turned out the router had picked a bad wireless channel. It was driving me mad! I really really like the Http Server too.

Thank you very much for making such as versatile program.

Guest upspace

i noticed since i installed 3.9.1 i don't get the osd timeline anymore (epg in block graphics). somebody else having the same problem or only me?

also evr in vista is actually of worse quality for tv-out to my sd tv. especially horizontal movements become jerky. stay with vmr9

Still waiting for a good XP renderer...

No matter what OS you are using, for mpeg2 broadcast, VMR9 is still number one renderer IMO.

You can compare VMR9 with EVR on live TV shows under lights.

For the time being i use EVR, only with h264 HD.