TerraTec Cinergy CI USB?

HD.

• 2 months later...
No it won't work with the DVBViewer for now. And twintuner support is to be doubted.

I bough one of those devices. Well, It does work with the Terratec viewer software, but that is not very good compared to DVBViewer.

But anyway, is there any chance of getting the Terratec USB-CI working with DVBViewer?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It seems to be same hardware as Hauppauge WinTV-CI USB and its woking in DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 . Also driver version is the same. Probably DVBVewer need some minor adjustments to show it under external CI devices in configuration.

Here is terratec device http://www.terratec.net/en/products/driver...r_en_18755.html

Here WinTV CI USB http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_ci.html.

For sure, both of them cant be used to decrypt signals from more than one device at once. So you cant watch two scrambled channels from different frequencies using dual tuners.

• 2 weeks later...
It seems to be same hardware as Hauppauge WinTV-CI USB and its woking in DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 . Also driver version is the same. Probably DVBVewer need some minor adjustments to show it under external CI devices in configuration.

Here is terratec device http://www.terratec.net/en/products/driver...r_en_18755.html

Here WinTV CI USB http://www.hauppauge.co.uk/pages/products/data_ci.html.

For sure, both of them cant be used to decrypt signals from more than one device at once. So you cant watch two scrambled channels from different frequencies using dual tuners.

How did you get the wintv-ci usb to work, can not see the device in the hardware-dedection?

• 3 months later...

ATM moment no. I'm searching for a dvviewer user who is willing to run a short test with the terratec hybrid testversion from the membersarea...

ATM moment no. I'm searching for a dvviewer user who is willing to run a short test with the terratec hybrid testversion from the membersarea...

What kind of test? I already sold my Terratec hardware to a friend but I could test it there.

only one start with the hybrid testversion when the US CI is connected, so it logs the exact driver ID windows uses for this device and I can see if my detection routine works. it's a thing of one minute. ;)

• 3 months later...
only one start with the hybrid testversion when the US CI is connected, so it logs the exact driver ID windows uses for this device and I can see if my detection routine works. it's a thing of one minute. (w00t)

Any news about the Cinergy CI USB support? I got the Cinergy S2 PCI HD and Cinergy T USB XXS HD if you have anything you want me to test. I would be nice to get this CI box to run with the DVBViewer.

i have tested terratec 2400i dvb-t tuner with the ci usb and it works very nice now.

but i'd like to know if ther will be the possibility to watch an encrypted channel and record another encrypted (on the same mux or from another dvb-t card with the same ci usb)

No the USB-CI can only decrypt one channel at a time.

But the whole TS is routed over the USB-CI/CAM, right? Otherwise there would not be any problems with the high datarates of QAM256 I guess. Would be interesting how this works on the 60+ Mbps S2 transponders..

Edited by CiNcH