Diseqc 1.2

tekneo

Hello has all

I possede a card ss2 which foctionne very well but which is compatible diseqc 1.0 and 1.1.

I would like to use a rotor diseqc 1.2, how to make, exist he(it) of the software?

Thank you for your reponces.

tekneo

xpp.ss2.80

@ tekneo

I've found this prog SS2DiSEqC15.zip, but I can't test it (only 1 LNB and no rotor... :wacko: ) and also can't find the autor, MiBi from Czech Rep or his site....

Inside the zip you can find the explication of how it work; Mibi say that it run fine with ProgDVB and MyTheatre, and, readed the way it work, I'm expecting that run fine also with DVBViewer... but don't trust me, is only MHO!

But be careful! If you are unesperienced with drivers, configuration, .dll and so on, maybe is better if you wait until some other more expert user test it before you try to install it...

(and, kind testers, please, report for all of us the results in this forum... I've read somewere that this modify can speedup the zapping even if you doesn't need (and doesn't use) DiSEqC 1.2... thanks!)

Good testing and ciao to all!

Gioxy

I know this plugin/program. I've conversed with Christian about it some months ago. He advises against using it because of the higher current of DiSEqC 1.2 which could damage the SS2. There was a solution that uses the parallel port, though, to circumvent such problems. But because of this uncertainties the DVBViewer won't support DiSEqC >1.1.

Bye, Oliver

I know this plugin/program. I've conversed with Christian about it some months ago. He advises against using it because of the higher current of DiSEqC 1.2 which could damage the SS2. There was a solution that uses the parallel port, though, to circumvent such problems. But because of this uncertainties the DVBViewer won't support DiSEqC >1.1.

Bye, Oliver

Im using this plugin with DiseqC 1.2 motor Strong H-H SRT DM2100 and its working very well with ProgDVB and myTheatre too. If it broke my card I write it .. but I dont know about no one who writes that DiseqC 1.2 motor has damaged his SS2 card .. offen it was for card heating. Im not sure, but as I had read before, my motor takes max 250mA

Hello has all

Thank you has all of your reponces, and, with all these explanations, I am not going to tempt the devil and to risk to break my ss2. I am going to choose a rotor has command manual .

Tekneo

Wppp.ss2.80

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried the SS2DiSEqC15 software with an earlier Skystar 2 and Sat Control SM2UNI positioner and it works just fine. The stated Max Starting current for this positioner is 350 mA - operational 95-150 mA - and standby 10 mA. The Skystar is rated at 350 mA. I can now store up to 50 satellite positions on the positioner. The only downside is that I have to have both DVBViewer and SS2DiSEqC15 running and use the latter for switching.

Clearly the modification to the skynet.sys enables the raw data from the little exe file with it's GUI to generate the data stream in the Skystar. Could we have a DiSEqC 1.2 command option in DVBViewer?

Technisat are missing a marketing opportunity. I for one have been looking at alternatives such as the Twinhan Card.

It's not only TechniSat. Even B2C2 states only compatibility with DiSEqC 1.0 and 1.1. Until now the DVBViewer stays within the official specifications. Lastly it's only Christian's decision.

Bye, Oliver

• 8 months later...

Has anything changed untill now in ?? The card can´t be burnt by the motor, as even if Diseq1.2 isn´t ruled from thy PC, but is connected it eats the same amount of electricity, besides there is nothing to burn on SS2 ;) . The manual button movement is just the same... but manual.