DVBViewer crash when choose channel

dsundelin

Bought DVBViewer yesterday and tried to install it but its impossible. After installtion and channel scan I found about 150 programs and the channellist is ok. The problem comes when i try to watch a channel, the screen goes black and says no signal (screen msg) and i have to restart the computer. I have tried to reinstall windows xp but still have the same problem. Change screen but same. I used Mediaportal before and that worked fine accept some bugs thats why i choosed to pay for some proper software but now i i cant even see the channels. Hope someone can help me with this problem.

Hardware

AMD X2 4600+

2gb Ram

Floppydtv

ATI 9800XT

Software

Win XP pro

FFDShow and I have also tried cyberlink

Floopdtv drivers

Omega ati drivers

Tried that before and did it again but still the same problem. Computer freeze and then black screen and I have to reboot. Theres no archive with older versions that i can try?

Edited by dsundelin

You are not alone. Up until today my 3.9.1 update was working fine.

However, since the Windows automatic update last night it behaves as you describe. A black screen when selecting a channel and the computer shuts down and reboots after closing DVBV. All my DirectX settings remain as before, when it was working properly.

Luckily I still have the 3.8.0 installer and this version works fine for the time being. When I have time I will try to reinstall 3.9.1 again.

You are not alone. Up until today my 3.9.1 update was working fine.

However, since the Windows automatic update last night it behaves as you describe. A black screen when selecting a channel and the computer shuts down and reboots after closing DVBV. All my DirectX settings remain as before, when it was working properly.

Luckily I still have the 3.8.0 installer and this version works fine for the time being. When I have time I will try to reinstall 3.9.1 again.

Hmm I see! That was not good. You dont know if its possible to download 3.8.0? is there any archive here?

When I have time I will try to reinstall 3.9.1 again.

I tried 3.9.1 again but it still does not work. What is causing this? It worked perfectly until a few days ago. The older version also works perfectly currently.

Are we the only two people on Earth who are having this problem? Am I missing something simple?

Ok, I am back in business with 3.9.1. It works normally again.

I downloaded a new copy of the installer file and no further problems. It seems that the original installer may have been corrupted in some way.

Thanks for your interest and responses. Yes, I am using XP SP2, updated to the latest patches.

Perhaps the OP should also try a new download.

I should add that I just noticed that the new version that works perfectly is 3.9.1.1

It probably makes all the difference.

I still have the problem.

Where did you find the update 3.9.1.1? I can only find 3.9.1.0.

I still have the problem.

Where did you find the update 3.9.1.1? I can only find 3.9.1.0.

Nothing special, just the latest download version from the Members Area. I was not aware that it had changed until I checked the About > Info menu.

If you are still having problems, I suggest that you e-mail for support.