How to assign a specified number with each channel ?

keys

Hello,

I want to create a channel list with some holes in the list.

Exemple :

1 : CNN channel

2 : ABC channel

4 : Wheather channel

20 : Astra channel

So between 2 & 4 and 4 & 20 no TV channel exist.

When you zapp witb PROG+ you switch from channel to 1 & 2 & 4 & 20 & 1 ...

How can i do that with DVBViewer ?

I know i can do it with favorite programs but i would prefer to do it without favorite programs...

Thanks ! :)

The Channel number dependence on the order in the channel list.

So it is not possible to have no channels between 4 and 20.

So the solution is favorite list ?

Hm, I wonder what the real benefit of having no channels between channels 4 and 20 would be :) ? Just order Channel 20 to Channel 5, than it is next in your zapping structure...

Cheereo

NeDrY

I wonder what the real benefit of having no channels between channels 4 and 20 would be

A certain service on a certain place, all over the receiving equipment (here 10), since years learned by the whole family (here 6)!

And: The only keys everyone will find on every RC::> 0 to 9

For those comfort BetaResearch created some "." - services :) (look at €ntavio & Premiere certification)

[Realized years before by Planet Hemp and Janus on Humax 5400 with its embedded skip-option.]

What's about such a skip-option?

=> Create non-real dummy services, name it '.', switch property skip = on, move them between your other services instead of the deleted ones

enjoy zapping 1 > 2 > 4 > 20

and use numbers as you wish - and remember!

Hey, almost a feature request...

Guest upspace

same requirement here - either for channel or favorite list.

so why to have gaps in number range. the reason is that simple. i am having channel groups in my favorite list for kids and a group of french channels for my wife. so i would like to tell them just to type, i.e. 50 (that is 5 and 0 on remote) and the first french channel shows up. from there my wife then can zip with +/-. the same for music from 80-99, kids from 40-49. it is a very fast and easy way to jump into the desired tv program area. another way would be via the osd, navigating in the groups. unfortunately DVBViewer does not remember the last group you were in and on what position (page and cursor position) the last channel got selected.

the gaps are needed if i want to add some other channels later on (i.e. sports channels not programmed but in future to be added for slot of channels from 30-40). i then don't have to tell my wife: look from today on your french channels start from 67 on. huch what a blame. and by the way my brain capacity is also limited to remember some even numbers for a while.

it is all about easy use of DVBViewer for all parties in a household. i already passed the ages living only with computer science students in the same appartment:-) and 99% of people are so much used with the +/- and digit (0-9) keys and it is hard to tell them something else (which proofs that there must be a reason why this is de fact standard => keep it simple stupid!)

shouldn't be hard to introduce another attribute in the date model (database, xml...) to assign such information. there is a (technical) scan list order (channel list) and a viewable one (for channel, favorites and groups)...

just a thought.

Edited by upspace

Thanks all you are right it's because of that we need skip number feature !!!

I dont'understand your explanation : "=> Create non-real dummy services, name it '.', switch property skip = on, move them between your other services instead of the deleted ones enjoy zapping 1 > 2 > 4 > 20 "

Can you explain if this is possible with last release of DVBViewer ?

Can you give the procedure explaining in which menu you create dummy service ?

Do we need plugin ?

Thanks

A certain service on a certain place, all over the receiving equipment (here 10), since years learned by the whole family (here 6)!

And: The only keys everyone will find on every RC::> 0 to 9

For those comfort BetaResearch created some "." - services :) (look at €ntavio & Premiere certification)

[Realized years before by Planet Hemp and Janus on Humax 5400 with its embedded skip-option.]

What's about such a skip-option?

=> Create non-real dummy services, name it '.', switch property skip = on, move them between your other services instead of the deleted ones

enjoy zapping 1 > 2 > 4 > 20

and use numbers as you wish - and remember!

Hey, almost a feature request...

All that, with "hole" and with wichewer numbering you want give to the channels, can be made - as I already posted above - with the DVBReNumber app: try to give it a look...

:)

Yes i started to install it, i need to finish the configuration of my remote control with it, application seems good :)

But i wonder if it possible to to it with DVBViewer only ?

All that, with "hole" and with wichewer numbering you want give to the channels, can be made - as I already posted above - with the DVBReNumber app: try to give it a look...

:)