CI problems with TT3200-S2 Conax and Canal Digital Sweden

savenlid

So I have looked around a little and CI problems dont seem to uncoommon.

Problem

If i try to watch an encrypted channel not part of my subscription all channels go black (beginning with the encrypted with out subscription)

Then it doesnt matter if i chnage to FTA or another Canal Digital for wich is part of my package.

Soloution

Pull out the conax module and put it back in again and it starts again.

So anyone can explain this ?

it does work , so its not a lack of hardware or software, it just that it locks up when you go into decoded non subscribed.

Problem with HD

running a Intel duo core E6320 @ 1,86Ghz and 800Mhz DDR2 does not decode without glitches but almost, so bigger processor is on its way.

I have tried diffrent versions of decoders. But any info on the codecs and rendering would be helpfull.

If somebody just could say use this and that and it will work.

One funny thing is that if you resize the window it starts to stutter and also cpu load drops from about normal 90% down to like 14% so the decoder stopped working correctly. but one way to make him resync is to resize window to full size, and den resize again to a "window" and he resyncs and is back to 90% load. (Canal+ FILM HD SWE)

Another problem is the swedish SVT HD channel running 720p, whatever combination of codecs for audio and video i get terrible missmatch in sound sync.

Despite SVT HD being only 720p and taking less cpu than CANAL+ FILM HD

Anyonw knows why audio its out of sync, and how to correct ?

Thanks

/Nicholas

You already ordered that new CPU?

My suggestion for HD is a ATI HD2600, Windows XP and Cyberlink H.264 Decoder (included in PowerDVD Ultra). This works very flawlessly, the HD2600 completely decodes the stream and the CPU has nearly nothing to do... ;)

If you want to use the CPU for decoding, then the Cyberlink Decoder is no good choice. There are two different decoders available that are known to be able to decode H.264 in software without help from the graphics board.

1. Mainconcept - needs quite many CPU Power, and needs to be registered manualy. (with regsrv32.exe)

http://www.elecard.com/products/products-p...reaming-plugin/

2. Arcsoft - from some japanese or chinese vendor (can't read it), seems only to be integrated in that software package in this foreign language. Decoder settings are in english: http://www.arcsoft-jungle.jp/products/tme/trial.php

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...mp;#entry162047

Thanks

I will check look into the software packages, I prefer to buy faster processor. Beacuse i have the abit fatal1ty-I90-HD integrated graphic (ATI 1200 or 1600 cant remember) with HDMI out.

In my case it would be between

Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 3.0GHz 4MB FSB1333

or

Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600 2.4GHz 8MB FSB1066

It depends on if the decoder can make use of 4 cores ?

so that will fix the codec problem i hope, but still the CI mystery remains.

My Conax CAM is an old original "Canal Digital" CAM

On back side says: Issued by Telenor Conax AS

also:

"This PC-Card in combination with a smart card gives access to encrypted DVB/MPEG-2 transmissions from the 1 deg West platform"

"780-0001-02 2.1"

I think this is version 2.1 beacuse my old Nokia 9902 Could only take this "old" version.

I think version 4.0 was not working with 9902 and I had to search for a "classic"

So any information about why my CI locks up DVBViewer is appreciated.

Thanks

/Nicholas

HA = Hardware assisted ?

And if so, what graphic card ?

can i use the new G35 chipset from Intel with integrated graphics ?

like the ASUS P5E-VM HDMI

http://www.asus.com/products.aspx?l1=3&amp...amp;modelmenu=1

I want HDMI out with audio in the HDMI connector.

If not what graphic card with HDMI+Audio ?

Forgot to mention that I run vista so the mainconcepts elecard failed to install.

I also read another thread with your recomendations so i have made sure I run last version of DX and all the other info you gave. I dont really know how to check the exact version of powerdvd decoder.

ricabullah sounds spanish "nice noice" is my cuban translation.

/Nicholas

I try any CAM that works.

But compatible ?

Is there i list of CAM modules supported ?

Mine is a conax cam.

I figure that is a requierment for Canal Digital in Sweden.

Could be my version is old or something, but IRDETO I thougth was completely diffrent system, or ?

Confused.

/Nicholas

Yeet another question

Is there really a 3.9.1.1 version out as indicated in another thread ?

And would a deinstall be necessary ?

I mean a reinstall would not do a complete update ?

What do you mean be cleaning the CMUV stuff ?

Found no such directory.

/Nicholas

savenlid, you are like a machine gun ;) I've missed your posts.

Lets start if you haven't fired in this short period?

Edited by ricabullah

OK?

First: what graphics card: to me 8600 GT (or GTS/or better 8800 GT)

Second: How to carry sound and video with same cable: you wont. Why do you have to carry these f**g things together.

Don't you have an optical output?

Third: How to check the exact version of PDVD? Just download this tool from Cyberlink:

here

Use the latest patch.

Where is CMUV? Here it is:

CMUV

ricabullah sounds spanish "nice noice" is my cuban translation.
No answer.

And please try to read this:

how to

BTW, as far as i know there is still no 3.9.1.1 version.

Edited by ricabullah

Thanks

I see in the link you sent that Cyberlink now supports the Intel G35 so I lean towards that asus board with that chipset.

Its about as expensiva as a new processor.

If that fails i will try a 8600/8800 but I will try to avoid buying any of thoose heat/noice generators as long as possible.

Regarding cables, less is more.

Found another Conax cam.

Running that one now, see what happens.

But the cam works, problem is when you switch to a channel you dont subscribe to, then he locks, pull cam out and he is happy again.

Since its 1.43 AM in sweden and almost christmas I cant buy processor or motherboard or graphic card, so I am downloading the arcsoft thing, see what happens.

thanks

/Nicholas

Edited by savenlid
Since its 1.43 AM in sweden and almost christmas I cant buy processor or motherboard or graphic card, so I am downloading the arcsoft thing, see what happens.

thanks

/Nicholas

I suppose it is gonna solve this issue.

I have now tried the Arcsoft package

And it works.

This is for a setup without any aid from the graphic card (ATI/AMD XT1200 in chipset) abit fatal1ty-I90-HD.

Slow processor duo @ 1.86Ghz , no overclocking.

Moses is correct powerdvd sucks for CPU based decoding. CPU load is now down to 50% (both cores) compared to 80-90% with powerdvd.

I took Arcsoft on all codes mpeg-2 / H264 / sound etc ...

And dont use vista rendering beacuse it wont work without support from graphic card.

I used VMR9.

This will give som minor artifacts and less quality at moments, but much much better than powerdvd (using this budget/low power/low noise hardware combination)

Also now my sound is in sync on SVT-HD.

No doubt a more expensive graphic card, separate spdif audio.. so on so forth will give better result.

But running this on a cheap HTPC motherboard with HDMI with integrated audio, and weak dual core @1.86Ghz, no overclocking, shows decoding can be done in CPU alone.

No idea who makes Arcsoft and how to buy this decoder or what happens when trial period is over.

Clearly H.264 codecs is an area that can still be improved, and powerdvd seems to concentrate on working togheter with graphic card support, one good thing is they now claim to support the new Intel G35 chipset with integrated graphics, unclear if it works tough, will check in my next HTPC.

Also now DVBViever doesnt seem to lock up on coded channels not in my package anymore, but needs to be confirmed.

Victoria total !!

/Nicholas

Edited by savenlid