Can't play .Vob?

themaster1

Somebody alive here or what ?!

I need an answer

I even tried to rename the .vob into mpg and picked up the ffdshow filter for the audio(expecially for the ac3) but i don't have the sound

Please add a support.zip

Can you hear the sound with mpeg layer2 audio streams?

Indeed! everything is perfect with mpg2 or avi(divx,xvid,) or mpg1

It's just with the vob i don't know i have added the .vob extension to the list of the "known movies extension" but go figure why it won't work.And if i rename the .vob into .mpg i have either nothing or the video part only depending of the video.

I haven't tried with a DVD directly.

Please use the attachement manager of this board and not some crappy upload server with popups and waiting time :bye:

Your problem could be related to an issue with the latest DVBViewer. No ac3 sound when playing mpeg files and vob is similar to mpeg. This will be probably fixed soon..

Your problem could be related to an issue with the latest DVBViewer. No ac3 sound when playing mpeg files and vob is similar to mpeg. This will be probably fixed soon..

I certainly hope so!

yeah to me the problem is related to ac3 i mean it's a common problem a vob is mpg2 video+ac3 sound..generally.

• 3 weeks later...
I certainly hope so!

yeah to me the problem is related to ac3 i mean it's a common problem a vob is mpg2 video+ac3 sound..generally.

Ok i'm back in this topic i've created because i need your help.

I have made experiments with videos(.vob) which have lpcm2.0 or dd2.0 or 5.1

It appears that the video (after renaming the .vob extention by the double extention .vob.mpg) with dolby digital sound works perfectly.

i use the ffdshow filter to render the sound

I tried with the "ac3 filter" aswell but it don't work or there might be a setting i missed.

Can the experts of the lpcm advice me a setting to render it on my system (2 speakers) with ffdshow indeed.

Thanks for your inputs

try DVBViewer 3.9.2, the new version. If it's the problem with ac3 in mpeg, it should be fixed now. If it isn't, you could try to disable "Use DVBSouce for MPEGs" in options->directX and then configure your directshow system so that it uses the decoders you want... of course that will affect your recordings, too.

try DVBViewer 3.9.2, the new version.

That is done

If it isn't, you could try to disable "Use DVBSouce for MPEGs" in options->directX and then configure your directshow system so that it uses the decoders you want...

That doesn't work because if i disable use "dvb source for mpegs" i have nothing: no audio/video at all!

I use cyberlink power dvd 7 mainly for the decoding process( ffdshow was a test & it worked (not for lpcm) but i prefer )

Anybody to suggest me settings for ffdshow maybe(?), so i can render lpcm sounds on my sound system.

Thanks

Edited by themaster1
I was trying to play a vob today

Why? A VOB file is supposed to be a fragment of a DVD file structure. Let DVBViewer play the corresponding VIDEO_TS.IFO, and the whole stuff will be played like a DVD. Or simpy drag & drop the folder containing the DVD files on the DVBViewer icon resp. on its main window.

Why? A VOB file is supposed to be a fragment of a DVD file structure. Let DVBViewer play the corresponding VIDEO_TS.IFO, and the whole stuff will be played like a DVD. Or simpy drag & drop the folder containing the DVD files on the DVBViewer icon resp. on its main window.

..only works with the GE but not the Pro :unsure:

The Pro won't play though I can see all necessary elements in the filter view and in the graph.

..hmm, it works but I had to choose another direct show filter.

Edited by Derrick
..only works with the GE but not the Pro :rolleyes:

The Pro won't play though I can see all necessary elements in the filter view and in the graph.

The problem is not purely vob format related because like i say when i rename in .mpg the videos with ac3 are played well so it's decoder related

By the way, i have no ifo with the vob i have but i will rip a dvd tonite (with ifo) and see what's up with that.

when i rename in .mpg the videos with ac3 are played well so it's decoder related

DVBViewer delegates the handling of VOB files to DirectShow, and DirectShow uses the system default decoders (the ones with the highest merit value). It is not influenced by the decoder settings in DVBViewer.

With MPG it's different, because it's a "known" MPEG2 file type for DVBViewer (= one of the types that it is able to create when recording). DVBViewer uses its own source filter/demultiplexer in this case (provided Options -> DirectX -> Use DVBSource for MPEG files is ticked) and the decoder settings take effect.

Can you give me more details?

which direct show filter are you talking about, i'm lost.

DVBViewer delegates the handling of VOB files to DirectShow, and DirectShow uses the system default decoders (the ones with the highest merit value).

OK and how i can change the "priority" of this if i tell you that i can play vobs with lpcm w/o problem with POWER DVD7(cyberlink) ?

Obviously, the "default system decoder" is not set on it, maybe wmp instead i have no idea.

Edited by themaster1

Ok, I have downloaded directshow filter manager v0.5.

What would you advise to me to change precisely to make the LPCM audio tracks work.

picture (click on to enlarge):

799tr9.gif

Thanks for your help

Edited by themaster1
Ok, I have downloaded directshow filter manager v0.5.

What would you advise to me to change precisely to make the LPCM audio tracks work.

picture (click on to enlarge):

799tr9.gif

Thanks for your help

nobody's alive ?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
I'm still stuck someone help for real

What should i change in all this mess? I have no clue.

9th August 2008 and still stuck with this lpcm audio problem

I'd need someone for whom the lpcm audio works with his system & some caps of the directshow filters involved or i don't know...but Something so i can progress 'cause i'm tired of it.

My audio system is two audio cards actually:

Normal (line out) (stereo audio speakers connected) & a 2.1 (nothing connected to this) if that can help