libfaad2 Wrapper Filter

Griga

I'm using a Twinhan AD-SP400 +CI (Skystar HD2 CI) .....is it that the cam cannot decoded the audio streams or is it the DVBViewer is not sending the aac LATM data in caPMT??

Edited by Tejas

The PMT is just a broadcasted table enumerating all streams belonging to a service, the assigned PIDs, stream types etc. It does not contain audio data. I guess some instance involved in the decrypting process does not recognize the AAC stream type as something that has to be handled.

You can check the PMT by using the TransEdit Analyzer (download it from the members area). Read more about PAT, PMT etc here.

It would be interesting to see how the PMT of such a channel looks like. Do the following in TransEdit:

- Select the transponder list used for scanning your satellite position on the left side of the TransEdit Main Window, and a transponder (frequency) containing one or more of the affected channels on the right side. Click "Analyze".

- Expand the PAT node in the treeview on the left side of the Anaylzer Window. Within the PAT node, select a service (channel) that is broadcasting an AAC stream by right-clicking it, and select "Copy as XML" in the context menu.

- Paste the result here.

Maybe it tells Lars something...

thanks for that. heres the PMT Details. for VH1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1"?>
 <Measat_1_12523_V>
<ServiceID Value="2060" Name="VH1 India">
  <PMT PID="2060">
	<PCR PID="2061"/>
	<ES PID="2061" Name="H.264 Video">
	  <StreamType HValue="0x1B" Name="H.264 Video (ITU-T Rec. H264 | ISO/IEC 14496-10)"/>
	  <Descriptor HValue="0x09" Name="Conditional Access">
		<CASystemID HValue="0x0100" Name="SECA / Nagra Cardmagedon"/>
		<CA PID="2069"/>
	  </Descriptor>
	</ES>
	<ES PID="2062" Name="AAC Audio">
	  <StreamType HValue="0x0F" Name="AAC Audio (ISO/IEC 13818-7)"/>
	  <Descriptor HValue="0x09" Name="Conditional Access">
		<CASystemID HValue="0x0100" Name="SECA / Nagra Cardmagedon"/>
		<CA PID="2069"/>
	  </Descriptor>
	</ES>
  </PMT>
</ServiceID>
 </Measat_1_12523_V>

Edited by Griga
Code tags added

Everything looks like it should.

I checked the caPMT code three time, the AAC streamtype ($0f) is taken into account and there can't be any problem, because then the whole caPMT would not work. That only leaves your CAM.

Everything looks like it should.

I checked the caPMT code three time, the AAC streamtype ($0f) is taken into account and there can't be any problem, because then the whole caPMT would not work. That only leaves your CAM.

oh.. k.. :) .. I searched over the net and found that one of the person in india is using a diablo cam with the same service to decode and he says its working fine with a humax receiver...

BIGtv CARD in matrix or dialbo cam + HD TV RECEIVER OK

Though there is a lot of difference between the hardware decoder and a software.. it might be the my twinhan which is having problem..

Lets see.. will try to find some more information on it.

• Like 1
  • 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Hi Griga,

I'm from Brazil, and I have purchased DVBViewer some time ago... libfaad2wrapper works great with our broadcasts, and I read that you like to collect .ts files from around the world, so, here you have some from Brazil:

http://www.mediafire.com/?jkxymgnzdyt

http://www.mediafire.com/?hqmeyyyrnmv

The latter has AAC 5.1 sound in the secondary audio track...

Now, I have a question... I'm wondering wheter we can freely distribute libfaad2wrapper or not... It is not quite clear for me, since the source code is available, but, the binary is only on the Members section. If I can't distribute the binary available in the Members section, can I compile my own libfaad2wrapper filter and distribute it?

Thanks,

Oduvaldo

I'm wondering wheter we can freely distribute libfaad2wrapper or not... It is not quite clear for me, since the source code is available, but, the binary is only on the Members section.

You are allowed to distribute it under the terms of the GPL, which basically means, you must grant the same right to others, and you must make the source code available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_P..._and_conditions

I'm providing the source code as free download, but the binary only in the members area because I don't want to make it too easy for thiefs who are using cracked versions of DVBViewer (or let's say they are trying to use them :sadwalk:). But that's my personal decision...

You are allowed to distribute it under the terms of the GPL, which basically means, you must grant the same right to others, and you must make the source code available.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU_General_P..._and_conditions

I'm providing the source code as free download, but the binary only in the members area because I don't want to make it too easy for thiefs who are using cracked versions of DVBViewer (or let's say they are trying to use them :sadwalk:). But that's my personal decision...

Thanks Griga, I'm asking about this because currently I'm working with another programmer to get ISDB-Tb/SBTVD support on Media Portal, and we are wondering what is the best approach to allow Media Portal to play AAC-HE LATM. I'm totally agains piracy as well, DVBViewer is an amazing and cheap software, there are no excuses to to use cracked versions.

• 4 weeks later...

The libfaad2 Wrapper DirectShow Filter 1.1.4 is available in the members area, plugins section.

- Fix: ADTS AAC dual channel audio (bilingual) wasn't accepted as input (more about it here).

Please note: Playback of such streams in DVBViewer additionally requires updating the DVBViewer Filter to version 3.5.1 (just uploaded).

In the libfaad2 wrapper source code just one line has to be changed (in UParser.pas):

function TAACParser.ReadADTSHeader(Buf: PByte; Size: Integer; var FrameSize: Integer): Integer;
//...
		if (SamplingFrequency > 0) then //and (ChannelConfiguration > 0) removed
//...
end;

China's ABS-S (Advanced Broadcasting System - Satellite) standard is using AAC as audio format.

I used the latest "libfaad2 Wrapper DirectShow Filter 1.1.4", but after selecting it, the DVBViewer is still using "Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder". Is that the way it supposed to be?

Also, in the drop-down list, there is no "ffdshow audio decoder" listed for AAC decoder. In fact, ffdshow audio decoder can decode AAC with postprocessing.

10010519033e67591711848b5c.jpg

10010519080b66bb18518aa8d0.jpg

Is there a way to allow select "ffdshow audio decoder" as AAC decoder for DVBViewer?

Edited by ter9999
I used the latest "libfaad2 Wrapper DirectShow Filter 1.1.4", but after selecting it, the DVBViewer is still using "Microsoft DTV-DVD Audio Decoder". Is that the way it supposed to be?

No. One of our testers checked it with TSPlayer under Windows 7, and he reported that the MS decoder doesn't supersede the libfaad2 wrapper. Dunno why it happens on your system. It shouldn't be a problem as long as the MS decoder does its job well.

Also, in the drop-down list, there is no "ffdshow audio decoder" listed for AAC decoder.

DVBViewer only lists AAC decoders that are capable of handling LOAS/LATM packaged AAC, which is used for terrestrial broadcasts in several regions.

Nevertheless you can use the ffdshow postprocessing capabilities with the postprocessor plugin.

Thanks! I checked in TSplayer, the same result. It was "MS DTV-DVD Audio Decoder" instead of the selected "libfaad2" decoded my AAC. I uploaded an AAC sample that our satellite services use this kind of AAC format.

In fact, I played the same AAC sample in MPC-HC, the ffdshow filter decoded it very well.

So DVBViewer should not confine to list only AAC decoders that are capable of decoding LOAS/LATM packaged AAC used for terrestial channels. As you may see China also use AAC for satellite broadcastings.

Best regards.

In fact, I played the same AAC sample in MPC-HC

Most likely its ADTS AAC. Chinese/Japanese broadcasters prefer this kind of AAC.

So DVBViewer should not confine to list only AAC decoders that are capable of decoding LOAS/LATM packaged AAC

Please be aware of the fact that you are not the only DVBViewer user. DVBViewer shouldn't offer AAC decoders that don't work for many people.

No, we all believe that not all the listed H.264 video decoders work well for HD channels, the same as AAC decoders. Most users would prefer ffdshow filter, if it's okay, then he can stick to it; if not okay, he'll change to another one. But at least you should give such selection -- I mean ffdshow filter for AAC.

Also, the MS decoder superceded libfaad2, this may be a bug.

Also, the MS decoder superceded libfaad2, this may be a bug.

That's true. A Windows 7 bug (though MS may call it a feature). Many people are in trouble with MS decoders superseding their selection under Windows 7 in all kinds of DirectShow based players. No problem under XP.

It's like... well imagine you have installed FireFox under Windos 7, but whatever you do, always Internet Explorer is launched. MS wouldn't dare to do something like that, but now they try it with decoders. Kicking other companies out, that's the MS way...

But at least you should give such selection

We won't. End of discussion.

Does the libfaad2 wrapper support HE-AAC level 4 as well?

In Denmark we have a DVB-T channel transmitting HE-AAC level 4 but my amplifier only receives a PCM 48 2.0 signal. Is there any way to convert a HE-AAC level 4 signal to e.g. a AC3 5.1 signal before sending it to my amplifier?

Thanks,

Claus

Does the libfaad2 wrapper support HE-AAC level 4 as well?

Dunno... never heard of it. It depends on the libfaad2 library, I guess. You will have to try...

Is there any way to convert a HE-AAC level 4 signal to e.g. a AC3 5.1 signal before sending it to my amplifier?

Maybe the AC3 filter as audio postprocessor is able to do it, provided the AAC decoder outputs 5.1 PCM. The libfaad2 wrapper supports it.

• 4 weeks later...

The libfaad2 Wrapper DirectShow Filter 1.2.0 is available in the members area, plugins section. You may use it as decoder for playback of DVB transmissions with AAC audio. Please read the included Readme!!!

- Added: Support for new AAC Media Subtypes introduced by Microsoft with Windows 7 (MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG_LOAS and MEDIASUBTYPE_MPEG_ADTS_AAC, see here).

This is also supposed to prevent the Windows 7 DirectShow GraphBuilder from superseding the libfaad2 wrapper (though selected) by a Microsoft decoder in case of ADTS AAC playback (I can't test it). Please note: It may be necessary to re-register the latest DVBViewer Filter and the libfaad2 wrapper 1.2.0 in order to let the new media subtypes take full efffect.

- Enhanced: Flexibility, since source filters / demultiplexers don't have to provide configuration data for LOAS/LATM AAC anymore when connecting to the wrapper. Version 1.2.0 is able to configure itself on the fly while receiving the stream.

- Enhanced: Less memory and CPU usage. Several parts have been optimized.

- Fix: After having been configured for dual channel raw AAC data, the wrapper couldn't connect to an audio renderer (which doesn't accept 0 as number of channels).

The libfaad2 wrapper 1.2.0 Delphi 7 source code (released under the GPL, only usable for programmers) is available here. Please read the Readme - there are major changes!

Sorry, I had to replace the libfaad2 wrapper 1.2.0 by version 1.2.1 in the members area due to a severe bug only concerning ADTS AAC playback (not the type used for European terrestrial broadcasts). After a seek operation or a channel change in DVBViewer the wrapper ceased to work ;)

The source code (see above) has been updated too.

• 3 months later...

Can someone send me the libfaad2 wrapper filter?? I dont now why i can not download this from the members area

please send me the filter at [spam protection]

Thanks at lot !!!

Edited by Tjod
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...