TransEdit preview works, DVB Viewer shows black screen, no audio

PerM

Hello,

As the title says, TransEdit Preview can show any channel I select, sound included, while the DVBViewer only shows a black screen without sound; it says it is playing though. MC is also able to show the available channels.

The system is newly installed, so there are no decoders available except the ones that comes with Vista; Microsoft MPEG-2 Video Decoder, etc. I've intentionally not installed any other decoders, just to get the basic stuff working before I start experimenting (messed up the system so badly that I had to reinstall, not even Pinnacle's own software was able to use the TV card! :tongue: )

Now, how come TransEdit and MC can show the channels, but not DVBViewer? Is TransEdit using an internal decoder not available to DVBViewer? Could it be that I'm missing something when exporting the channels from TransEdit, that makes DVBViewer tune in the wrong frequency or something?

System info is in the signature.

Thanks in advance,

P

support.zip

• 5 years later...

I have a similar problem, so a real solution would be appreciated.

My DVBViewer has been working fine for years now. I am a happy but technically ignorant customer. I now have a second satelite feed from ASTRA 2F. I would love to be able to receive the Englsih Channels BBC ITV CH4 etc. I have managed to see ITV4 on my Video B setup, which I tried to be equal to the TransEdit preview set-up, as I am able to see all channels in the Transedit preview, however with the exception of ITV4 the screen in the DVBViewer stays black.

I am aware that the signal is not optimal, but I also managed to see at least some of these channels with an old Topview receiver.

I attach the support zip file.support.zip

Thank you for the quick response. The odd thing was that Trans Edit is showing a good picture and the Filter property page is showing reasonable reception. What I now have found out is at least for some channels:

I can trigger the reception, the menu option: View : rebuild . Without this step (which can also be triggered by switching the Audio from A to B and back) the screen stays black and mute.

So first I get:

post-54343-0-47476700-1380027138_thumb.png

Then:

post-54343-0-30032600-1380027099_thumb.png

This strikes me as odd as the TRansEdit has not a problem displaying the picture practically immediately, no triggering required.

I have not checked, whether I can get all the channels work that way.

There is something strange:

- Your SystemInfo.txt indicates DVBViewer Filter (DVBSource) version 3.7.1.0

- Your screenshots show DVBSource version 3.6.2.0

which means DVBViewer and TransEdit are not using the file C:\Program Files\DVBViewer\Filters\PushSource.ax (which containes the DVBViewer Filter). The registered (thus used) version is an older PushSource.ax that is located somewhere else. It would be good to register the current version in your system.

Dear Griga,

thank you for trying so hard to help me. I have to confess I know the reason for the two versions of DVBsource. The programme is intended for my HTPC which works with a beamer (only). So for test etc I use over my LAN a second version which is connected to the HTPC as unicast device via my LAN. Before I went on the Forum I made sure that I had updated to the latest version on the HTPC, but had not yet done so on the other PC. Sorry for the confusion. I have now updated the second version as well and registered the Filters. Things have not changed since then.

I have managed to be able to change between BBC channels without need to 'trigger' and the same for ITV channels, however between BBC and ITV I still have the need to refresh.

I have tried several Codec and Filter setups and the surprising things is even if Video A and Viedo B are on different setups both work,when I switch channels I have to refresh e.g. by changing from A to Video B and then the programme runs with no problem on either setup.

I am sure I made a stupid setup mistake, so far I am not able to spot it. This behaviour happens only with these ASTRA 2F channels, which are on a seperate dish / LNB. Could it be that there is something wrong with the second dish hardware setup, which I only now connected?

Regards

Uwe

Could it be that there is something wrong with the second dish hardware setup, which I only now connected?

So there are two dishes, one poining to Astra 19° E, the other to Astra 28° E, each connected to one of your KNC tuners? Or is a DiSEqC switch involved?

Dunno if it is related to your problem, but there is another major configuration fault. You are using an outdated Recording Service version (1.21.2, the current is 1.26), and neither DVBViewer nor the Recording Service are configured correctly for cooperating with each other.

The easiest solution is to uninstall the Recording Service, provided that you don't need it. Or update the RS and consult the Wiki for further information.

Have updated the Recording Service, which I use reguarly. A brilliant tool!

No change. I have attached the new support filesupport.zip

In the meantime I have used a cheap digital receiver - programmed it to use the two LNBs, and I get all the Astra 19.2 channels and more than 300 Astra 28.2 channels in good and consistent quality, so my Spawn DiSEqC switch is working and the reception with my 90cm dish appears to be ok.

I fear my KNC BDA DVB-S2 cards seem to have problems with my new setup. They served me so far beautifully. I searched the forum for such an issue and found a number of posts, but as far I as I understood the situation, these issues have been fixed with subsequent releases. Also the hardware table does not does not give any information on my BDA cards.

So should I try another card and if yes what would be a good choice?

Fantastic! It is solved. I only changed the ending of the KNCBDACTRL.dll to .bak and all channels Astra 19.2 and 28.2 are now visible and channel switching is no problem any more. Thank you!

You said for a test, can I continue like this or do I need the dll for other reasons?

you said for a test, can I continue like this or do I need the dll for other reasons?

The DLL is required for CI, DiSEqC 1.1 / 1.2 (e.g. for motorized dishes) and maybe remote control support.