Prob. with polish char. in txt & EPG

Adam T.

Hi,

I have problems with polish characters in EPG & TXT. In TXT options i have font with polish char. but on screen still %$&. You can check this on TVN, TVN Siedem - HB 11408V and TV Polonia - HB 11513H. How can i solve this problem?

• 1 month later...

Now the problem with polish characters is solved in 1.99R9. Thanks. .....but.... i don't have EPG on TVN and TVN Siedem - HB 11408V. In MyTheatre and ProgDVB everything is OK but in DVBViewer EPG fields are blank. Please help :blush:

Thanks

There is no channel-specific EPG-PID. The EPG-PID is always 18 for all transponders - that's the DVB standard. Don't know why the DVBViewer can't receive it in this case.

Griga

Guest hackbart

griga is right, the epg pid is always the same. To split the proper informations from each channel you have to use the unique ServiceID. This ID is used to get the apropriate information, unluckily a couple of channels do not send epgs.

By the way i found the reason why teletext did not showed the eastern europe charsets properly - should run fine.

Are there russian TV Stations available on Hotbird which are broadcasting also Videotext??

Christian

post-1-1068123295_thumb.png

Imho EPG and EIT (pid 0x0012 = 18dec) are not necessarily synonyms. "Real" epg data could be handled differently (e.g. mediahighway application from canal plus)

So is it possible to fix this bug(??) in future versions of DVBViewer? In ProgDVB & MyTheatre everything works OK with PIDs like on the attached picture in my previous post.

2Hackbart: try RTR Planeta on HB (videotext)

• 5 years later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello:)

Can one modify the programme so was he displaying Polish signs in EPG correctly ??

Canal+ (pol) is display @#$% in EPG.

I would welcome this adjustment aswell.

checked the current 4.1?

Fix: EPG Window / OSD: Cyrillic and several other char sets are now also displayed correctly.

could be difficult. I have no original polish ts stream with epg and even if I had, I would not know how it should look correctly. -_-

could be difficult. I have no original polish ts stream with epg and even if I had, I would not know how it should look correctly. -_-

Wrong:

Rok 1942. Jeremi, oficer AK, by zdobyć pieniŕdze na broń, chce przejŕć przechowywane w banku przez Niemców zřoto. O pomoc prosi kasiarza.

Correct:

Rok 1942. Jeremi, oficer AK, by zdobyć pieniądze na broń, chce przejąć przechowywane w banku przez Niemców złoto. O pomoc prosi kasiarza.

Wrong:

W 1976 r. Ian Curtis, Peter Hook, Bernard Sumner oraz Stephen Morris zařożyřo grupć Warsaw. Pod wpřywem powieści 'Dom Lalek' zespóř zmieniř nazwć na Joy Division, a po samobójczej śmierci Iana Curtisa na New Order.

Correct:

W 1976 r. Ian Curtis, Peter Hook, Bernard Sumner oraz Stephen Morris założyło grupę Warsaw. Pod wpływem powieści 'Dom Lalek' zespół zmienił nazwę na Joy Division, a po samobójczej śmierci Iana Curtisa na New Order.

So:

"ŕ" should be "ą"

"ř" should be "ł"

"ć" should be "ę" - but here need to be carefull - there is also "ć" in Polish language

is this maybe a problem described here?

BTW It is simply not enough, if you tell me which chars must be replaced. I have to look at the encoding, which language ID they transmit etc, so I see a pattern. I won't start changing certain things so it matches the polish display and gets me in trouble with other languages...

is this maybe a problem described here?

I`m sure it has something to do with the problem described in the URL you provided.

EPG on Polsat channels is looking good.

As to the TS. file maybe one of us could provide with such?

Just confirm what streams you need and how long should it be.

As you see there are some polish users who would really apreciate help and are ready to cooperate.

Regards,

g

Edited by gr8red

Sorry, this thread got lost on me somehow.

What I would need is a TS recording done with transedit analyzer of one of the problematic transponders.

Please include the following PIDs (all decimal):

0 -PAT

16 - NIT

17 - SDT

18 - EIT

Just select the PIDs in the right list while holding the CTRL key down and then press record. Record for about 1 - 2 minutes.

Do the same for a transponder with correct EPG.

The recordings shouldn't get very big. Just upload them somewhere and point out which one is good and which one bad.

I'll take a look at them and try to come up with a solution. But you have to understand: I can't and don't promise anything. :)

Sorry, this thread got lost on me somehow.

What I would need is a TS recording done with transedit analyzer of one of the problematic transponders.

Please include the following PIDs (all decimal):

0 -PAT

16 - NIT

17 - SDT

18 - EIT

Just select the PIDs in the right list while holding the CTRL key down and then press record. Record for about 1 - 2 minutes.

Do the same for a transponder with correct EPG.

The recordings shouldn't get very big. Just upload them somewhere and point out which one is good and which one bad.

I'll take a look at them and try to come up with a solution. But you have to understand: I can't and don't promise anything. B)

http://www.badongo.com/file/14995442

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...