How to record subtitles?

galmok

Ok. But then I end up with TS files that only DVBViewer can read. How do I convert them to mpg?

VLC is free software and plays .ts format even smoother than DVBViewer. Is the format used in Dreambox too.

I record everything in .ts specialy for the subtitles. You can try it in other formats but usualy you'll have syncronization and compatibility problems. Ts records the stream as it is, unchanged, giving all the quality, few problems, and is a standard format. For editing and recoding you can use ProjectX, free too, although a bit difficult at the start (you have to compile it yourself).

Edited by PARIX
VLC is free software and plays .ts format even smoother than DVBViewer. Is the format used in Dreambox too.

I record everything in .ts specialy for the subtitles. You can try it in other formats but usualy you'll have syncronization and compatibility problems. Ts records the stream as it is, unchanged, giving all the quality, few problems, and is a standard format. For editing and recoding you can use ProjectX, free too, although a bit difficult at the start (you have to compile it yourself).

You don't need to compile it, just get it from http://dreambox.ingmar.dk/projectx.asp

You also need the Java runtime. You can download this from the same site

You don't need to compile it, just get it from http://dreambox.ingmar.dk/projectx.asp

You also need the Java runtime. You can download this from the same site

Hello Yes ! But you violate the extremly expressed wish of the programmer to only give it away for self compiling.

And you only have to change 1 or two pathes iin the BATCH for compiling.

If you are not able to do this you should stay away from digital video.

Sorry that may sound rude, hence it is the truth ,

at least how I see it.

If you are not able to do this you should stay away from digital video.
So making DVDs from TV broadcast using your PC is only for full day java spesialists ?

I belive thet there are lot of people (like me) who need ProjectX but does not have any experience how to compile source code. ProjectX is the only tool that can handel DVBsubtitles from recordings. I use it lot but I don't know anything about Java programming and I don't have time or interest to study it. I am very pleased that there are people how also make it possble to us who shoud stay away from digital video.

Ofcource it is not very nice to obay programmers wish but I thing that is not very fare wish among opensource programs.

(I get ProjectX from here http://www.oozoon.de/main_en.html, thanks to OoZooN for that)

So making DVDs from TV broadcast using your PC is only for full day java spesialists ?

You're welcome to use any other tool of your choice. I'm only a simple user without any knowledge about java programming (but I've heard about it :bye: ). The download contains a very simple guide and bat. Even I managed to compile pj.x. Using the tool needs less general knowledge than learning to control the DVBViewer :wacko:

I belive thet there are lot of people (like me) who need ProjectX but does not have any experience how to compile source code. ProjectX is the only tool that can handel DVBsubtitles from recordings. I use it lot but I don't know anything about Java programming and I don't have time or interest to study it. I am very pleased that there are people how also make it possble to us who shoud stay away from digital video.

Ofcource it is not very nice to obay programmers wish but I thing that is not very fare wish among opensource programs.

(I get ProjectX from here http://www.oozoon.de/main_en.html, thanks to OoZooN for that)

I agree 100%

It is the good old story about freaks: We own the technology and if you are not experienced in this technology, then you must live with the good old things!

By the way, I know how to compile it, i have been working with IT for the last 30 years, but digital Video etc. should be for alle persons, not only for us experienced.

I know that you geeks hate to see that "normal" unexperienced users do this things, because then you loose power

Edited by McenterFreak
You're welcome to use any other tool of your choice. I'm only a simple user without any knowledge about java programming (but I've heard about it :bye: ). The download contains a very simple guide and bat. Even I managed to compile pj.x. Using the tool needs less general knowledge than learning to control the DVBViewer :wacko:

Fine

The boys and --------------- that have problems with compiling can use the compiled version

And the freaky guys that need the hard version, can compile and then bee happy!

So everybody is happy