How to edit ECM for anothor option?

davaid

Is it possible to edit manually the ECM selection in channel properties? Some channels are encrypted in 2,3 or even 5 systems?

Like sometimes the channels is encrypted into Seca but it choses Irdeto!!

Please help

No support for illegal stuff!!

A CAM automatically chooses the right ECM according to the CAID of the system which is supported by the SmartCard. A DVB application knows or has to know nothing about ECM.

Edited by CiNcH
No support for illegal stuff!!

A CAM automatically chooses the right ECM according to the CAID of the system which is supported by the SmartCard. A DVB application knows or has to know nothing about ECM.

DVBViewer is reporting the wrong ECM thing?! That has to be adjusted?? ProgDVB the Full version is reporting it correctly to the CI?

Please advise if its possible to manualy edit it as it fails to automatically detect it!!!!

DVBViewer is reporting the wrong ECM thing?! That has to be adjusted?? ProgDVB the Full version is reporting it correctly to the CI?

Please advise if its possible to manualy edit it as it fails to automatically detect it!!!!

Tell us what type of SmartCard you have (provider and cryption system) and which CI module...

Neither ProgDVB nor DVBViewer report the ECM to the CI module. The CI module decides all by itself which ECM to use.

How do you know that the CI module uses the wrong ECM?

ECM handling within ProgDVB is only for illegal purpose...

Edited by CiNcH
Tell us what type of SmartCard you have (provider and cryption system) and which CI module...

Neither ProgDVB nor DVBViewer report the ECM to the CI module. The CI module decides all by itself which ECM to use.

How do you know that the CI module uses the wrong ECM?

ECM handling within ProgDVB is only for illegal purpose...

Smart card is for Orbit package on BADR sat, after three hours investigating on the net why would ProgDVB open the channels (its full trial version) and why my (paid) DVBViewer application doesn't I reached and concluded its because of something called ECM (which I don't understand what even it stands for!!!) I was able to find that ProgDVB has three ECM's or whatever per Orbit channels!! and is reporting all of them (as it looks) while DVBViewer is not!!!!

Orbit had 3 ECM first 1 for Irdeto 0600 (Don't know this) and 2 for Seca with 0100 I need to manually switch to 0100 Seca!!! Or let the thing read it as other applications do!

The CI module decides all by itself which ECM to use.

Not true.. ..the module knows the ecm_pids from the CA_PMT which is sent by the host (DVBViewer in this case).

There are rare cases where the CI selects the wrong pid. Then a filtered ca_pmt could help :bye:

Not true.. ..the module knows the ecm_pids from the CA_PMT which is sent by the host (DVBViewer in this case).

There are rare cases where the CI selects the wrong pid. Then a filtered ca_pmt could help :bye:

So at least someone is sharing the same opinion as me and admitting that its DVBViewer issue? Please advise what is the best possible way to edit the ECM in channels details?

Can we open Channels.dat file and edit channels information?

Please advise how we can open the file in an organized way (not using some advanced text editor that will display the data scattered?

Regards.

So at least someone is sharing the same opinion as me and admitting that its DVBViewer issue?

No, absolutely not !! It was just a clarification. If you use a CI_module that complies to the standards there is no need for action. If you don't use a CI_module at all, nobody can help you and you should refrain from further questions.