.ts .mpg selectable in channel list

Tare69

Hi again... And very good year 2008!

I want this in setup: .ts .mpg select in channel list so it changes automatically recording format to that what is selected in channel.

That must be easy to add in channel setup so it is not like burning text to mpg and so on :-) It only changes recording format so if you record something mpg-format and did't remember to change it back to .ts and you have timmer to record something from channel what sends subs in one chanel (if you change it to mpg there is no subs on, subs can only get in transmux or something like that).

This is problem with Finnish YLE and other channels sends that subs burn in picture so it can be recorded directly to mpg.

Like (select [.ts][.mpg]):

YLE

TV1 - [.ts]

TV2 - [.ts]

Teema - [.ts]

SW Television...

NELONEN - [.mpg]

- Tare69

Hello,

you can use the TSPlayer -> http://www.DVBViewer.com/griga/TSPlayer_Ma..._E/Content.html for converting TS into MPEG2 files.

:bye:

You didn't understand my request :-)

I did want [.ts][.mpg] select to channel list so it is on in there so I don't need remember to change it from main setup if I need to record from chanel where subs are not in picture so it must be recorded in .ts mode. It can record .mpg mode on chanels where there is subs in picture allready.

And that TSPlayer is not usefull at all... There is no Finland language to select...

- Tare69

so I don't need remember to change it from main setup if I need to record from chanel where subs are not in picture

I really don't get any idea why you want those channels which does not have DVB subs in mpg format if you anyway will have all YLE channels in TS format.

Both can be replayed with DVBViewer or VLC. I record always all channels in Ts format.

I really don't get any idea why you want those channels which does not have DVB subs in mpg format if you anyway will have all YLE channels in TS format.

Both can be replayed with DVBViewer or VLC. I record always all channels in Ts format.

Heh... It's only editing problem. I use Mpg2Cut-program to cut my stuff so I don't know if is feature or bug it can't remembe what was file name if file was .ts ending.

Getting SUB from ts is also hard, can't get it on usefull format...

- Tare69

Heh... It's only editing problem. I use Mpg2Cut-program to cut my stuff so I don't know if is feature or bug it can't remembe what was file name if file was .ts ending.

Getting SUB from ts is also hard, can't get it on usefull format...

- Tare69

You can use ProjectX to demux and cut Ts recordings. Same time you can get subtitles saved in more "useful" format. Personally I prefer to keep recordings in TS format. There is no need to change them unless you burn them in Video DVD.

If you want to use matroska wrapper try PyEnc automatic convertter script.

it uses :

Comskip,

ProjectX (.ts demux -> m2v/mp2/sup),

DGIndex,

AVISynth/DGDecode,

x264-binääri,

lame (MP2->MP3) and

MKVToolnix

tools.

Following link to PyEnc discussion is in finnish sorry http://www.dvdplaza.fi/forums/showthread.php?t=64468

Whole packet can be downloaded here: http://rapidshare.com/files/66498932/PyEnc...mplete.rar.html

You can use ProjectX to demux and cut Ts recordings. Same time you can get subtitles saved in more "useful" format. Personally I prefer to keep recordings in TS format. There is no need to change them unless you burn them in Video DVD.

If you want to use matroska wrapper try PyEnc automatic convertter script.

it uses :

Comskip,

ProjectX (.ts demux -> m2v/mp2/sup),

DGIndex,

AVISynth/DGDecode,

x264-binääri,

lame (MP2->MP3) and

MKVToolnix

tools.

Following link to PyEnc discussion is in finnish sorry http://www.dvdplaza.fi/forums/showthread.php?t=64468

Whole packet can be downloaded here: http://rapidshare.com/files/66498932/PyEnc...mplete.rar.html

HARD... I did read it and try it, I did get video to but can't get f#"#n SUBs from videos.

"#¤%#"&¤"% YLE .ts... I only need this kind of editing system: .ts ->MPG with SUB on it what I cut then. MPGs I change to XDiV with MediaCoder and that's it. How hard that can be? I don't need demux it to sound & video & sub files, I only want to put SUB inside that file that I can then do it smaller for keeping it. I get about 20-30GB/day new video material so I have about 300GB files what I haven't yet edited and if I start make DVD's on all material I have no space and needed computing power (and also time is limited)... Good thing is that YLE-cannels have so little about recordings :-)... MPG2CUT can cut .ts-files but it can't remember what is .ts orginal filename so I must copy it from file name direct then. But thet size in .ts files is that big problem because I can't record them to DVD so HD space is limited (I bought new 500GB HD month ago and now it is full, I have about 1.7TB HD space what is full). November I did bought 100 DVD disks, what is gone all ready...

.ts files are big to keep and many times size is more than DVD can hold in one file (not in DVD-format, I mean file format) so I can't record it to DVD. If I try to do smaller it like .mpg + sub I can't get SUB's from it. I have tryet to use ProjectX and not getting any usefull subs form files. I can use MediaCoder to add SUB to video-file but if I have no sub then it is not good at all.

Last night I didn't remember to change video format to .ts on recording side so Torchwood has no subs now "#¤"¤¤...

- Tare69

I have tryet to use ProjectX and not getting any usefull subs form files.
I don't fully understand what you are looking for but you can find intructions (in Finnish) how to make DVDs with subtiles here http://www.dvdplaza.fi/forums/showthread.php?t=25778

I use for DVBsubtile recordings ProjectX for demuxing and cutting (only beginning and end is needed to cut for YLE) and DVDAuthorGui for authoring and finally normal DVD burning. For commercial channels (without DVBsubs) I use ProjectX for demuxing, Cuttermaran for cutting (faster to find cutpoints than in ProjectX) and then normal authoring & burning. All recordings are made in *.ts format. Those processes will take some time (PC time) but they can work on background. I have very seldom recorded any movie that has not fit to one DVD.

I don't fully understand what you are looking for but you can find intructions (in Finnish) how to make DVDs with subtiles here http://www.dvdplaza.fi/forums/showthread.php?t=25778

I use for DVBsubtile recordings ProjectX for demuxing and cutting (only beginning and end is needed to cut for YLE) and DVDAuthorGui for authoring and finally normal DVD burning. For commercial channels (without DVBsubs) I use ProjectX for demuxing, Cuttermaran for cutting (faster to find cutpoints than in ProjectX) and then normal authoring & burning. All recordings are made in *.ts format. Those processes will take some time (PC time) but they can work on background. I have very seldom recorded any movie that has not fit to one DVD.

I use MPG2CUT2 to cut mpgs, fast and good also. It cuts also .ts files but loses all subs and so on :-)

That [.ts][.mpg] select to cannel list is only 'small' feature but I don't know how many is like I: small features to program there and there to make program faster to use and better :blush::-)

In my own firm page ( http://www.mtauriainen.com ) are some projects what is on going now days :wacko:

That sub problem is that what keeps me record .ts mode on YLE canels, if there is no problem I keep record series & movies on mpg mode. In english movies and series there is no problem to me if there is no subs but there also comes some old sfi movies from Teema sometimes and Russia is not my language :bounce::-)

- Tare69