Updated: Graph Selector

@all Graphbuilders :) :

I've just updated the Graph Selector Plugin in the Service Center. It now supports the new DVBViewer source filter, which is part of the DVBViewer 1.99 R9 release.

Version 1.5 provides an additional submenu entry "DVBSource Graphs". The GRF files for the new source filter, which appear in this submenu, must be stored in the DVBViewer/Graphs/DVBSourceGraphs folder. The plugin package already contains a "Disable AV.GRF" and "Disable Video.GRF". Please refer to the Readme for further information, or read this thread.

Hope you get happy with it... :bounce:

Griga

• 1 year later...

Does the Graph Selector plugin work with DVBViewer 2.3 beta (new source filter)?

I have saved several working running graphs through graphedit. But when I load these through Graph Selector nothing (Video/Audio) is shown.

If I connect to the running graph through graphedit the graph is shown perfectly fine but no video/audio.

Edited by boborg
Does the Graph Selector plugin work with DVBViewer 2.3 beta (new source filter)?

No, for some (still) unknown reason it doesn't - as you described. Has to be looked after.

OK, after some researches I've found the reason.

Using GRF files containing the DVBFiewer Filter 2.0 simply has not been enabled in the DVBViewer 2.3 beta :bierfink: (or let's say, there are some lines of code, but they don't show a serious attempt to make it work).

Anyway - some additional coding has to be done on the Graph Selector Plugin in order to make it work properly with the DVBViewer Filter 2.0. First of all, it must detect the new source filter - otherwise the menu items will be greyed (just done). Secondly, the DVBViewer Filter 2.0 supports two different modes (normal and classic), and the plugin has to be adapted to it... don't know yet how this can be done best.

Latest news: Should work now...

I've just uploaded an Graph Selector update (version 1.6) to the Service Center, which supports the DVBViewer Filter 2.0. Additionally Christian has promised to provide a "silent" DVBViewer update, that fixes the issues mentioned above. So if you want to use the GraphSelector Plugin with DVBViewer 2.3 Beta, download a bit and try...

Sounds good - and nvidia.grf is ready for action once the beta refresh has been released.

One thing that irritates me is AC3 support: What if I want to use different graphs based on whether an AC3 or a "plain" audio signal is available?

Theoretically, it should be required to set up TWO graphs, one for plain old TV and one for TV with AC3? (Case in point: ZDF + AC3 vs ARD)?

What happens if I choose a "plain" audio graph for an AC3 channel? Yes, I could create "nvidia.grf" and "nvidia+ac3.grf" and switch channels AND graphs - but graph switching could be automated?

once the beta refresh has been released

Hasn't it yet? Should already be available. Ignore the date. B)

What if I want to use different graphs based on whether an AC3 or a "plain" audio signal is available?

Build the graph as shown below ;)

I must confess I'm a bit surprised that it works. But it does - switching from Pro7 to Pro7 AC3 and back - no problem. Even the DVBViewer is clever enough to choose the right branch for inserting the audio sample dumper. The source filter knows to which pin the audio data has to be directed, so the other one simply gets nothing... only the source filter's property page tries to read the graph PTS from the audio pin when playing AC3, yielding to 0 (just fixed).

A minor flaw is a worker thread running unnecessarily, executing all the time something like

while not CheckRequest(com) do
   begin
     //.....
     Buf := TBCPushSource(FFilter).FDemuxer.GetBuffer(FPinType);
     if Buf = nil then
     begin
        Sleep(1);
        continue;
     end;
     //.....

which usually does not occur. That's how precautionary measures pay... :wub:

I had already tried it successfully with the Disable-AV-Null-Renderer graph before, but having two audio renderers in one graph, one of them in a "dead" branch, is a different thing - so I guarantee nothing...

Zwischenablage01.png

Well, it seems to work :-)

Obviously I haven't performed any stress-testing, but

- ARD

- ZDF (+AC3)

- Sat.1 (+AC3)

- n-tv

- n24

work and survive channel switches nicely.

The NVIDIA post-processor soaks up quite a bit of CPU; CPU consumption flagged when the DVBViewer process runs jumps from "barely registers" to "16-20%" - seems as if the thing is doing quite a bit of work.

The *image quality* does seem to be worth it, though.

euro1080 and AstraHD are getting decoded, too, but my system gets close to being saturated, so viewing those stations wouldn't be much fun (if there was any meaningful content).

For me AC3filter (0.70b) will only connect to DVB Source AC3 not audio pin.

AC3 Filter 0.70b only supports AC3 as connection media type. Try version 1.01 RC5 (no equalizer, but supports more audio formats like mp2). Untick "Use AC3 Filter for PCM" on the property page / system tab, otherwise the filter will try to join every graph as audio postprocessor, causing trouble in some cases.

http://ac3filter.sourceforge.net/download/

Yes thanks I discovered my AC3filter was old.

Seems AC3 works best when I don't go through Graph selector graphs. If I use none in graphselector and set AC3filter as audio filter in options Direct show filters it seems to run fine. But if I save that running graph in graphedit and load it through graph selector it's very unstable. Dolby Digital indicator on my Denon 3802s drops in and out.

Edited by boborg
  • 3 months later...
Can anybody fix that?

Probably not. Maybe the file is lost, due to the hacked old board software / installed new board software. Write a PM to daffy, or wait until he reads it here.

Probably not. Maybe the file is lost, due to the hacked old board software / installed new board software. Write a PM to daffy, or wait until he reads it here.

Well, thanks anyway!

Already thought it might got lost due to the change of the board's software.

• 2 months later...

There is ne new version of the graph Selector Plugin (v1.6.0) available.

-removed: relations to the old Sourcefilters (Skystar, Marfi, DVBViewer Filter v1)

-new: German part in the Readme

-new: Rebuild graph now also works on changing the video or DVD graphs (currently only with DVBViewer GE)

• 2 months later...

Dear Griga,

Hi

It seems new version of the graph Selector Plugin (v1.6.0.6), does NOT accept the graphs I create with Marfi's filter (SkyAVC.ax) :(:(:(

I use DVBViewer v3.1 with GRFSelector v1.6.0.6

Does new plugin support Marfi's filter?

Would you please advise me?

Kind Regards :)

That's right, because the DVBViewer does not longer support marfis filter (since 2.3 beta in cause of its own sourcefilter).

That's the reason. :)

A new Version is available

- Added: Support for the upcoming GE 1.5 with the ability to run in different user accounts with different settings

• 2 years later...

How can i save graph from DVBV for using in plug-in later? GraphEdit throw error when i try save graph connected as remote to DVBV. And its impossible to open default graphs, coming with plug-in in graphedit.

How can i save graph from DVBV for using in plug-in later?

You can't, because DVBViewer uses internal (built in) filters that can not be saved. You have to build the graph manually without them (particularly Audio Callback and OSD Source), and DVBViewer will (hopefully) insert them at run time.

Why do you want to use a custom graph? Video or audio postprocessors can be inserted more conveniently - see here. Most likely custom graph support will be dropped in future, because it doesn't comply with intended DVBViewer Filter versions that will support additional video/audio types.

I get sound but no video no matter what. I create a graph with DVB Source / Dscaler Audio and Video / tried with and without ffdshow video decoder after dscaler. Also included AC3 filter for AC3 and CoreAVC for H264. Tried VMR 7/9 and EVR with default Directsound Audio device and saved to DVBSource2Graphs folder.

I select the graph through menu/plugins/graph selector but I always get audio with blank screen...

Ok, I spotted the Post Processor plugin, but it doesn't work... DVBV crashes horribly if ffdshow is selected... Raw video is enabled in ffdshow and I checked the CLSID in both folders, conf/plugins and DVBViewer/plugins.... Aargh..