DVBViewer and iMon remote controls

balky

Hi all,

I have just bought DVBViewer pro and will be installing it on my silverstone LC20M HTPC which comes with an iMON remote control.

I have been looking around to see if anybody has previous experience he/she can share with me as I have not seen this remote control in the list of supported remote controls.

Please forgive me, if there is somewhere else I should have looked but missed out.

Thanks.

hey,

there will be no problems using the remote coming along with your case. i got the same case/remote and the software coming along with the remote can easily be configured to work with DVBViewer.

sw4y

My solution is a bit more "complete" ... I deleted nearly all system wide mappings in iMon Manager, because I just use DVBViewer and don't want to have any buttons for "task switcher" or "app launcher" and so on, but use them in DVBViewer, too... so I mapped them all to some keyboard buttons and then learned the commands in DVBViewer. With this setting you can use nearly all buttons of the remote in DVBViewer. My settings may be a bit individual, though... :idiot:

i'm doing it the same way moses does.

i'm just using DVBViewer, so i don't need all the pre-mapped buttons.

i even did a little step more, i'm using a siemens simpad with a remote software to remote DVBViewer.

i just needed the ir-codes of the imon remote and "learned" them to the pad.

in imon manager you then map the keyboard buttons you need to a remote button of your choice and everything works fine.

in my opinion imon did a great job with it's software, no need for girder or winlirc, etc....

sw4y

I confirm this remote works like a charm and DVBViewer's learn feature is simply fantastic. Like Moses, my buttons are a bit "personalized" too much(ex. "My DVD" to strech the picture") - :wacko::bye: - but that's the beauty of customisation :shifty:

Edited by thehawk