How to config dvbServer & client

lgRich

1) Install & configure DVBViewer on the server including scanning all required channels & setting up favourites list.

2) Install DVBViewer on client but do not configure.

3) Copy all DVBViewer files from Server to Client after deleting all files on client. Assuming that you have installed to the C: drive this includes "C:\Program Files\DVBViewer" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer" or "C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer" depending on whether you are using Windows XP or Vista.

4) Start DVDServer (make sure that you are not still running DVBViewer) & configure Unicast broadcasting in Settings>Network>Streamtype Also tick the box to activate Autodiscovery. Start the Server. You can configure Automatic Server Start under Settings>System.

5) Start DVBViewer on the client & select Settings>Options>Hardware then choose Unicast Network Device as "Preferred" & any other devices e.g. Multicast Network Device as "Do not use". select Unicast Network Device & press the Settings radio button then the Discover radio button in the Network Settings pop up window. The name of the server should appear under Autodiscovery. Click on the name & the correct IP Address, Port etc will be chosen. Exit out of DVBViewer on the client.

6) Start up DVBViewer on the client & use just as you would ordinarily.

If you need to rescan to add or modify channels then just repeat steps 3,4 & 5

1) Install & configure DVBViewer on the server including scanning all required channels & setting up favourites list.

2) Install DVBViewer on client but do not configure.

3) Copy all DVBViewer files from Server to Client after deleting all files on client. Assuming that you have installed to the C: drive this includes "C:\Program Files\DVBViewer" "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\CMUV\DVBViewer" or "C:\ProgramData\CMUV\DVBViewer" depending on whether you are using Windows XP or Vista.

4) Start DVDServer (make sure that you are not still running DVBViewer) & configure Unicast broadcasting in Settings>Network>Streamtype Also tick the box to activate Autodiscovery. Start the Server. You can configure Automatic Server Start under Settings>System.

5) Start DVBViewer on the client & select Settings>Options>Hardware then choose Unicast Network Device as "Preferred" & any other devices e.g. Multicast Network Device as "Do not use". select Unicast Network Device & press the Settings radio button then the Discover radio button in the Network Settings pop up window. The name of the server should appear under Autodiscovery. Click on the name & the correct IP Address, Port etc will be chosen. Exit out of DVBViewer on the client.

6) Start up DVBViewer on the client & use just as you would ordinarily.

If you need to rescan to add or modify channels then just repeat steps 3,4 & 5

Great... all is working OK now. :bounce:

Tank-you for your help

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
(...)

Thanks for great tutorial, but i have a problem. My computers are on one workgroup and IP in one pool. I can ping and i have request and i can copy files etc. But i tried to ON the DVBServer and for test on the computer where i have a server i started DVBV and application saw the server on autodiscovery (in settings of virtual device). But on second computer (client) i can't discover this server. I tried to manually write the data of server, but interface (in DVB Unicast Device) is a list and i can't manually write IP of server-computer. Sorry for my english and please for reply from anyone member because author of tutorial was: Last Seen: 9th May 2009 - 17:27

//After install of SP2 on server computer i see him at the autodiscovery on client but still i can't change a interface on server-computer if DVBV is a client it's enough if a change for Automatic or IP of SS S2 (192.168.238.238) which is on the list.

Edited by Przemek211

i saw also that when i choose on a list of autodiscovery on computer-server "HTPC-PC" (name of my htpc computer) the data of server are changing for 192.168.238.238 (IP of SS S2), but on computer-client if i click HTPC-PC the data are changing for 192.168.100.102 (IP of comp-server).

I'm currently setting up the Recording Service but I'm getting a bit confused.

Do I use Transedit to scan for channels and RS uses that data or do I scan from within DVBViewer and RS uses that?

I want the RS data to only include the channels I'm likely to record from and for the channels to be in a certain order, whereas I want the clients to have a complete list and use Favourites to order them.

I've tried so many combinations that I don't know where I am any more! :-)

I'm currently setting up the Recording Service but I'm getting a bit confused.

Do I use Transedit to scan for channels and RS uses that data or do I scan from within DVBViewer and RS uses that?

I want the RS data to only include the channels I'm likely to record from and for the channels to be in a certain order, whereas I want the clients to have a complete list and use Favourites to order them.

I've tried so many combinations that I don't know where I am any more! :-)

Use DVBViewer, on the same machine where Recording Service are located, to scan channels. Then stop and start Recording Service. Now the channels show up in Recording Service. Recording Service can't use Favourites, but you can create the favourites on one client and then copy favourites.xml to the clients configuration folder (not Programs\DVBViewer). You can do the same with channels.dat

#Przemek211

You are answering an 1 year old tread. Things have changed!

Why not use DVBViewer Recording Service?

/// yes, i solved this problem exactly using Recording Service. But my wifi isn't enough to send higher bitrate than ~2,5Mbit/s. Maybe I will try to fix it by better antenna's etc.

/// yes, i solved this problem exactly using Recording Service. But my wifi isn't enough to send higher bitrate than ~2,5Mbit/s. Maybe I will try to fix it by better antenna's etc.

If you want to use wireless you need at least 802.11n, and this is only for SD material. If you want to see HD material, you need very good equipment, and configuration

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I´m also trying do it with RS but I don´t know How ..

I've opened a thread asking for this hilo

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?...t=0#entry277759

Edited by defcon5
I have posted a small guide in the other Thread

Thanks McenterFreak

I´m running to see it

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Unfortunately the method of copying the prog data and program files data across to the client doesn't seem to work anymore!!. Has anyone else had dvbserver running fine with unicast over win7 machines lately?

I followed the instructions to the letter and I can actually see the % progress of the program in the bottom bar but no video at all. When I change the channel remotely via the web, then the channel changes on the server but not on the client. I've setup firewall rules to allow ports 2345 and 4012 through my internal LAN. I get no images, no sound, and the server client settings appear to be as they should be based upon the official documentation. Autodiscovery on the client picks up the server fine and gets the settings.

Looking at the stats for DVBViewer server, there is no data transfer at all!?!?!?!?!