SatcoDX import plugin bug?

I discover that the data.csv page from various SatcoDX sites is not more available. I must go to data.txt. But when I want import the channels with SatcoDX import plugin v1.1 (latest one) and DVBViewer v1.99r9 for me don't work.

damjang

OK, checked... I suppose, Christian managed to kill it somehow :) I traced it down to the R7, doesn't work anymore.... but there is a workaround.

As already explained in the ReadMe, the DVBViewer can't handle two import plugins that use the same file extension (*.txt in this case). So the ImportTSP.dll for TechniSat program lists (also *.txt) must be removed, otherwise the SatcoDX text files can't be imported.

But removing this DLL has no effect anymore - the TechniSat format still appears in the list of import formats, with or without the ImportTSP.dll. Maybe Christian integrated it in the DVBViewer, I don't know.

So here is the workaround: Download the attached DLL, put it into the DVBViewer\Plugins folder. Then rename the SatcoDX text files to *.tex before importing them. This avoids the name clash.

Griga

ImportSatcoTEX.zip

hmm, kann mir das einer nochmal genau verklickern?

..wenn ich bei satcodx auf hispasat gehe und rechts auf "Receiver File Load into Receiver SDX Format" klicke, kann ich das nicht importieren. Steht ja wohl auch hier.. umbenennen in .tex und dann als .tex file importieren funzt auch nicht, oder wie komme ich zu den .txt files, die man dann in .tex umbenennt?

yo thx :bounce: , die kenne ich sogar vom import für meinen LT8700 (analog :wub: )... weisst du zufällig, wie aktuell die sind?

ps. Wenn ich die einlese, hängt das programm. Nach schliessen und neu öffnen, sind die kanäle da. Allerdings nach providern geordnet. Wie kann ich das in frequenzen ändern? Bisher sehe ich die möglichkeit nur beim scan.

pps. ..leider ist zumindest diese liste voller fehler und damit unbrauchbar. Ich vermute mal, dass der gute Wolfgang die nicht updatet..wie soll das dann mit raps werden? :)

Wenn ich die einlese, hängt das programm

Hängt nicht. Braucht nur 'ne Weile. Insbesondere bei hoher Priorität sieht es so aus als ob.

Wie kann ich das in frequenzen ändern?

Geht glaubich nicht. Nur per Hand... oder ein Prog schreiben, das die channels.dat umbaut.

Griga

..naja, danke für die mühe. So war das wohl ein satz mit x.. die kanalverwaltung ist für'n a*sch und für meine zwecke unbrauchbar. Vielleicht gibt's ja nur astra und hotbird user. Die 15€ sind leicht zu verschmerzen und ab und zu werd ich es sicher noch verwenden (wenn mal hdtv ein richtiges programm haben sollte :) )

..sorry, I didn't realize that this thread was started in english :wub:

I'm looking for a plugin to import MD settings. I've read that importmd.dll could do the job but I can't find it. The idea behind is to convert .dvb settings with a tool called channel list editor though it can't convert directly to the DVBViewer format but to .set

Via this workaround I want to try to import .dvb settings.

• 3 weeks later...
So here is the workaround: Download the attached DLL, put it into the DVBViewer\Plugins folder. Then rename the SatcoDX text files to *.tex before importing them. This avoids the name clash.

Griga

Have tried renaming *.txt files to *.tex but to no avail..

Also tried opening the text files in notepad & 'saving as' *.tex

I always end up with *.txt.tex files

Obviously I'm doing something seriously wrong ?? :jump:

Using Windows XP

hmmm... I guess the "Hide Known File Extensions" option of your Explorer is checked. Try to uncheck it.

Or use NotePad and select in the "Save as" dialog window "All Files" as file type before appending the new extension and saving the file.

Griga

• 1 month later...

in der plugin readme file wird gefragt wo man csv-dateien noch her bekommt.

in der vollversion von World Of Satellites II, zu erhalten über ein abo der zeitschrift Tele Satellit gibt es die möglichkeit csv-dateien zu erstellen !!!

die software kann man übers net aktualisieren lassen und auch favoritenlisten kann man erstellen...

mag ja sein aber das sollte auch wie beim guten alten radio gehen.. frequenz (und andere parameter) wählen und wenn was kommt -> store, fettich ;) ..was brauch ich da alte, vorgekaute listen und vollversionen und zeitschriftenabos und und... :)

• 2 years later...

The SatcoDX import plugins in the members area have been updated to version 1.2.

I've added Transportstream ID and PCR PID import from the TXT and SDX format. Particularly the Transportstream ID (TID) is required in DVBViewer for assigning EPG data to channels.

However, the PMT PID is still missing, since the SatcoDX files don't contain it. May cause drawbacks in certain cases, e.g. when recording as TS. Other players may refuse to play it.

I'd always prefer scanning with TransEdit....