TransEdit and DVBViewer Scan problems ..!

frenchy

Hi All,

I'm helping a friend with his first HTPC and was wondering if you can tell me wil this is happenning

He purchase DVBViewer 3.9.1 and from what I can see the scanning function is not working properly.

to be sure I've donwloaded TransEdit from your site and I get the same thing.

Here's the issues when trying to scan Echostar 8/10 110w with both product the software sets up the all of the proper scan parameters except one, it seem to always use 22kHz in lnb selection.

I've attached a few pictures to show you my problem scan1.jpg is the tansEdit settings, scan2.jpg is pc4server reporting the status..

If you can make this work I'll probably buy 5 copies of this product and know many people that will to

Thanks

Hugues

post-50318-1199899686_thumb.jpg

post-50318-1199899695_thumb.jpg

If you don't use an universal LNB (default) you have to change the settings accordingly. Do you have a single band LNB ? Then 22kHz can't do any harm :bounce:

If you want no 22kHz then you have to set the switching frequency (LOF SW) to the highest possible frequency. That mean for KU-band 12750 MHz.

Hi Gents

Thanks for all the responses, both technicque worked in TransEdit but not in DVBViewer, but I seem to have an other problem there.

I can't event delete the Favorites. well I can but everytime I restart they are back ??? and my system now blue screens.

I quest I have to fix that first.

Thanks again

• 3 weeks later...

hi!

i'm fighting with transedit 3.1.3 for scanning my channels. i've bought the DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 and i cannot get the channels on 11617 V 29950 on eutelsat W2 (it's very important, i paid for a legal subscription). i've set the lnb specs into universal with a single lnb. therefore, with the twinhan dtv software (i've got a twinhan 1030a sat-ci and the twinhan sofware is wdm build 2.608a and run with windows xp sp2) when i turn the lnb specs into custom 9750-10700, i can catch the signal in this frequency. with the universal lnb specs i can get the 11492 V 29950 channels. is there a solution?

yes, i'm living in madagascar. you look pessimistic for helping me. here are the files requested. in DVBViewer 3.5 when i import the file ew2_dvbviewer 3.5, i can immediately watch all channels, but not with DVBViewer 3.9.2.0. i've done a scan under DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 and all i get with transedit is the file ew2_dvbviewer 3.9.2.0. many channels are missing especially for the frequency 11617. i've checked two lnb (a truman and a samsung one) but the problem is the same. is it possible to update DVBViewer from 3.5 to 3.9.2.0 to check if it can resolve my problem? where can i get the file? there is none in the members area. or is the wdm driver not compatible with DVBViewer 3.9.2.0? thanks

support.zip

EW2_dvbviewer_3.5.ini

EW2_dvbviewer_3.9.2.ini

i'm fighting with transedit 3.1.3 for scanning my channels.

What happens when you try to scan? You get no results at all, right?

Twinhan WDM drivers are not supported by recent TransEdit versions anymore, since the company (Twinhan resp. Azurewave) has dropped WDM driver development. So it is recommendable to use up-to-date BDA drivers.

you look pessimistic for helping me.

Yep, a little cos there is no chance to get this beam in Europe and more important, I didn't know what @Griga wrote about the driver ;)

hi griga!

i've solved my problem with installing DVBViewer 3.5 first, scanning with transedit 3.0.3 and over-installing 3.9.2. but i've tried to install BDA drivers with the last digital 3.3 drivers. digital 3.3 said after rebooting device non supported please refer to hardware specs. it was amazing because it is the last driver for all models. i think that BT878 chipsets are not supported anymore or i must install vista because all i see in 878 ini files are ie84 ones for xp. does someone have succeed in installing BDA drivers for xp pro sp2 for twinhan visiondtv sat-ci 1030a? the next problem is the p35 chipset and the tuner of my sat card get warm when i watch tv (after 15 minutes) and the card is not recognize after switching my pc off. i think that the power supply cannot provide the right voltage or the sat card is gone out of order. some suggestions?

thanks