Skystar HD2 & diseqc 1.2

ponch.82

Hi, i'm new in this forum, so thank in advance for any help..

so let's begin describe what i found:

i bought a week ago the new Technisat Skystar HD 2 (dvb-s2), installed correctly whit bda driver (bda mantis), and installed the new version of DVBViewer (3.9.1).

i got a 120cm dish, with Satracer3 rotor, for large dishes, and a quad lnb with 4 different connector.

Befor this card, i always used the "old" SS2 2.6D revision, with correct bda drivers and the mibi plugin for diseqc (alway worked well).

i read all over this forum trying to find out how to set correctly the diseqc 1.2 command, usals and so on.

i set up a list with 3 satellites only, hotbird 13E and astra 19.2E, and i insert the diseqc 1.2 command string raw from the program diseqc.exe (for now i prefer to use command string even if the usals are working too for this two satellites). the rotor i driven correctly manually, from the positioner menu in DVBViewer, drive est, ovest, with steps and witout (going to E/W limit).

in the channell list i sep up the command string enclosed by [], and everythings is correct.

the problem begin when i try to change from a channel in Hotbird 13E to a channel in Astra 19.2E...

the rotor still in the same position

After an our on my roof, cheking connectors, lnbs, drivers, program ecc, i found this:

going in the positioner menu and only selecting the driver (bda mantis), closing the menu and return in the channel list, if i change channel the rotor moves!

So, every time i want to change satellites, i have to go in the positioner menu and select the driver...

than i can change channel and see the rotor moving automatically switching the satellite.

Don't know if the problem i described clearly, hoping this will be fixed in new version.

All other thing are wonking great, only one thing: would be possible to implement a better menu for the diseqc 1.2 for rotor?

something like giving directly raw command and gotoXY command in degree, for example.

In this days, i think i will setup western satellites (think to hispasat), and i will try to move with usals and raw commands, to see if everythings is ok.

support.zip

Edited by ponch.82
  • 2 months later...

I made the same install but with the original driver from Technisat cd and USALS works only manual (go east/west) but not following channels. With Hauppauge HVR-4000 everything works great. How to get some drivers to make SkyStar HD2 to use USALS too?

Edited by Angel Angelescu
  • 1 month later...
I made the same install but with the original driver from Technisat cd and USALS works only manual (go east/west) but not following channels. With Hauppauge HVR-4000 everything works great. How to get some drivers to make SkyStar HD2 to use USALS too?

did you manage to use the Skystar HD 2 with a dish on rotor. I have got the same setup but don't have an idea of what to do. I didn't know that the skystar hd2 does not support the rotor (Usals) and i was going to sell it immediately until i found this forum. pleasecan somebody help me. Thanks

• 1 year later...