Intel CE9500

Xusen

Hi

I am trying to watch tv using a usb tuner with intel ce9500, i scanned for channels and it found all the important ones, the signal is near perfect as its a residential flat tv connection, but when i select a channel it freezes and does nothing, no picture on screen and no EPG data. I have previously used another card and it worked perfectly. Any help you can provide will be appreciated.

* Intel CE9500 and Driver Version 2.0.0.0

* Intel P965 on asus P5B Deluxe

* ATi Radeon X1950 - Driver Version 8.411.0.0

Thanks

support.zip

There are two things:

- go to options->Hardware and set the unicast network device to "Do not use". It can happen that the wizard enables it, this is a bug inside the wizard, and is very likely your problem.

- go to options->directX and change the decoders from "System Default" to your favorite decoder, I'd suggest ffdshow from the ones on your system... maybe you should think about installing PowerDVD or another DVD Player Software to get more decent decoders and select them in DVBViewer. If you had no trouble with ffdshow, then it's ok :bye:

There are two things:

- go to options->Hardware and set the unicast network device to "Do not use". It can happen that the wizard enables it, this is a bug inside the wizard, and is very likely your problem.

- go to options->directX and change the decoders from "System Default" to your favorite decoder, I'd suggest ffdshow from the ones on your system... maybe you should think about installing PowerDVD or another DVD Player Software to get more decent decoders and select them in DVBViewer. If you had no trouble with ffdshow, then it's ok :)

Thanks A LOT for the reply, I followed your suggestions and I have got it working !!, it might also have been the drivers I reinstalled, the device is now shown as "CE6230 BDA".

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

;)

Thanks A LOT for the reply, I followed your suggestions and I have got it working !!, it might also have been the drivers I reinstalled, the device is now shown as "CE6230 BDA".

Thanks again and have a nice weekend.

:unsure:

hi, how did you get that there?

i have a CE9500 to, atleast it what vista says it is

Hi

Sorry i am not using vista, i am using xp, i used the drivers that came with the card on cd ..i have attached copy for u to try.

Good luck

do you get corrupt frames sometimes? like this

snapshot20080121164618.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey

Sorry for the late reply, but no , i am not getting corrupt frames. i have a bigger problem though, as soon as i launch DVBViewer and select a channel the whole application freezes (i cant seem to close it aswell.) and this happens to the card in device manager.

"This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device. (Code 31)"

I have to remove the device and reinstall driver and reboot to make it work again..even then it only works once in a while. any suggestions? Thanks

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
- go to options->Hardware and set the unicast network device to "Do not use".

- go to options->directX

Hi,

I'm wondering where those settings are located. I'm using XP SP3 with german language, and fail to find those settings.

Tomy

• 1 year later...

Intel CE9500 DVB-T (Enh) Receiver is what it says in my Device Manager on my Windows Vista 64bit. But it says "failed to load this device" and cannot use the USB TV dongle on my Vista. But it works perfectly on all my Windows XP SP3 computers though. Anyone know a solution to get the device to work on Vista? Has anyone ever got it working on Vista yet?

This is the message I get:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Cheers from Australia

Edited by RemnantAUS
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...