DVBViewer control via lan

optica11

I've running two dvbviewers in my computer and I would like control both ones via network, and with webserver I can't because it only controls first DVBViewer.

I've read about sidebar V1.0 but I tried it and it didn't work via network, locally it's ok.

Is there any aplicattion that allows me what I want?

@optica11

Why do you need two instances of DVBViewer on one PC ? Maybe there is another way to do this.

I need it because I use 2 vlc as clients, and vlc with dvbserver doesn't work, then I want to use netstream plugins but I want to be able to change channel in my clients, I need an application that controls DVBViewer via lan, and in my clients only open http://addres:streamport . With one DVBViewer I can do it using webserver, but when I've two I don`t know how to do it.

Edited by optica11
I need it because I use 2 vlc as clients, and vlc with dvbserver doesn't work, then I want to use netstream plugins but I want to be able to change channel in my clients, I need an application that controls DVBViewer via lan, and in my clients only open http://addres:streamport . With one DVBViewer I can do it using webserver, but when I've two I don`t know how to do it.

You can use a remote desktop like (Ultra)VNC.

And why you don't use DVBServer as server and two DVBViewers as clients ?

I use DVBServer and DVBViewers as clients, but I would like to run others clients with vlc (there are set top boxes with it and with DVBViewer not).

I have the same problem here. I have a Pinnacle Show Center that can not be combined with DVBViewer.

But how to you solve this problem with VNC ? I still do not understand your configuration.

I have the same problem here. I have a Pinnacle Show Center that can not be combined with DVBViewer.

But how to you solve this problem with VNC ? I still do not understand your configuration.

My configuration consists in one pc server with a dvbserver running and two dvbviewers as clients of dvbserver (all in the server), I can then have 4 DVBViewer as clients in others computers,but the problem is that I want to have two set top boxes that run with vlc. Because of that I use my two DVBViewers in the server with the netstream plugin active (unicast one channel), my vlc clients can open the stream but not change the channel.

Edited by optica11

That's an interesting configuration. Did I understand it right: a DVBServer that distributes his streams to two DVBViewers and they pass it via netstreaming plugin to VLC clients.

Sorry, I'm just starting with DVBServer and I have no idea how to handle this.

That's an interesting configuration. Did I understand it right: a DVBServer that distributes his streams to two DVBViewers and they pass it via netstreaming plugin to VLC clients.

Sorry, I'm just starting with DVBServer and I have no idea how to handle this.

yes, then you can run 4 DVBViewer clients (dvbserver) and 2 vlc clients (2 DVBViewer with netstream plugin activate), my problem is control the dvbviewers in the server via lan.

you could run at least one of them in a virtual machine... :unsure:

or you could try to run the different DVBViewer.exe with the commands as parameter (-x####, where #### corresponds to the number found in action.ini for your command), you want to give them. I don't know if that works with two dvbviewers, I think it should.

There is still one drawback: no OSD from DVBViewer on the VLC-Clients.

Edited by Moses
you could run at least one of them in a virtual machine... o:)

or you could try to run the different DVBViewer.exe with the commands as parameter (-x####, where #### corresponds to the number found in action.ini for your command), you want to give them. I don't know if that works with two dvbviewers, I think it should.

There is still one drawback: no OSD from DVBViewer on the VLC-Clients.

I would like to send the commands from my clients to my server, how could I do it? My clients will be linux but I would like to try it in both, linux and windows clients.

• 3 weeks later...
I would like to send the commands from my clients to my server, how could I do it? My clients will be linux but I would like to try it in both, linux and windows clients.

I've been trying and I haven't be able to find any solution...

I've think that making a few changes in webserver code it could be possible to change channels from web with some javascript function that don't use COM interface, it would use command line in the server, then it could be possible web control several dvbviewers.

Someone knows how to do it?? I'm new in javascript and html...but I think it`s possible.