What is it?

Kevin Steggles

Whenever I watch a recorded TV program, I see a symbol in the top right-hand corner, consisting of 9 squares (three rowns and columns). On a recently recorded program however, this symbol in wandering all over the screen, which is just a bit annoying.

Can anyone tell me what the symbol is, and is here anyway to get rid of it?

Many thanks

@Oliver: It's great to have that manual online, isn't it?

I have in mind to write a little prog, that searches for keywords in the user's postings, and just responds "See here and here and here. Then we can retire... :)

Griga

Thanks for that, but I wasn;t actually using that decoder (perhaps I still need to register?) and does it make sense that the suqare thingy is dancing all over the screen, whether I'm viewing 'live' tv or not?

Guest Oliver

The dancing square indicates that the Elecard decoder is installed on your system. It used both for watching live TV and media playback. I don't like the Elecard decoder, its deinterlacer is very bad and it features no hardware acceleration.

Bye, Oliver

Ah...right, well I seem to have got rid of it by changing both the audio and video decoders to Nvidia, because I think I have an Nvidia graphics card....can you tell I have no idea what I'm doing?!

I suggest the following:

the Elecard demultiplexer is good and free

the Elecard soundrenderer is good and free as well

The only thing that is shareware is the elecard mpeg2 renderer.

In your startmenue in the elecard folder there is a component-manager

there you can uninstall only the mpeg2 renderer

Instead I use the mediamatics mpeg2 renderer. its bundled with the technisatdrivers (so it's free for us) and its quite good (also for zapping!)

with the new 428 technisatdrivers its needed to install the bundled DVBViewerTE and not uninstall it afterwards to get the mediamatcs filter...

GOOD LUCK !