Auto crop like in GOMplayer

linusalba

Hi, I've tried GOMplayer (www.gomplayer.com) and it has a useful auto crop of black bands. If you watch a movie in a window and you double click on it GOM Player remove black bands even if they are "inside" the movie. It's hard for me to describe, I think you know what I mean.

It would be nice to have the same "effect" in DVBViewer, always the best :)

Bye, Marco

what he is trying to say is for example if your sceen is 16:9 and your watching 4:3 video that has a widescreen video playing it will look like a small window in the middle of your widescreen with black bars on the left,right,top,bottom since the video is encoded in 4:3 kinda looks bad but it would be cool if dvbv could detect the black area and fit it to the screen

Example

| | ___4:3_____| |

| | 16:9 | |

| |__________ | |

| | 4:3 | |

|___|__________|_____ |

The 4:3 video is ment to be played on 4:3 screens and on the 4:3 screens it will have black bars on top and bottom but once you play on a 16:10 since its encoded like that its going to be in the middle of the screen like the picture and it looks bad.

...be cool if dvbv could detect the black area and fit it to the screen ....

Thank you for your example, this is what I meant. Sometimes I use gomplayer because it automatically remove black area so I can watch a movie in a window without wasting pixels :shifty:

Bye, Marco

Thank you for your example, this is what I meant. Sometimes I use gomplayer because it automatically remove black area so I can watch a movie in a window without wasting pixels :shifty:

Bye, Marco

I do this manually every time. Set aspect ratio to "None" and use Zoom settings to stretch it vertically. This is laborious..

Automatically achieving this is a good idea, will help a lot.

Edited by Zero7

Hi guys! I would like to see this feature, too! MediaPlayer Classic (MPC) for example has a similar feature. You can choose options like:

-"touch window from inside"

resizes the video to fit into the screens height with black bars on the left and on the right

-"touch window from outside"

resizes the video to fit into the screens width with cropping away the top and the bottom of the video

Especially the last option is very usefull for 16:9 displays.

For example the tv-station "pro 7" broadcasts their 16:9 movies in 4:3 with black bars on the top and on the bottom. Half of my 16:9 displays pixel are black!