Channel List & Revenge

eiapoce

It would be nice to have a auto channel list update with full channels, I mean also with encrypted ones. Maybe a like in the support area for a updated list will suffice.

I also that in the latest release I am missing Canale5 from the Italian Broadcasts... nothing serius but I couldn't add it to the list possibly doe to lack of skills!

Enrico

Why don't you perform a channel scan yourself? A search based on transponderlists only takes about 5-7 minutes. Since the DVBViewer supports only FTA there's no need for encrypted channels.

Bye, Oliver

It would be nice to have a auto channel list update with full channels. Maybe a like in the support area for a updated list will suffice.

Then we need people who provide these lists - perhaps you? I look after Astra 19° East. Other people, who can receive other satellite positions, should also upload their up-to-date lists to the forum.

Please don't expect the few people who are currently working at the DVBViewer (and only one earns money with it) to take care of everything. Do something yourself!

Griga

@Oliver & Griga

I think that Ernesto would like to have a "ordered by language" channel list, very useful but too hard to create/integrate by hand after a channel scan...

I tried also to export the list in variuos format (.CSV, .txt ecc), ordinate it and re-import, but there was always some problem...

If you know a simple way to create such kind of ordered channel list, or a way to lossyless export/ordinate/reimport it, please let us know...

Thanx all

Gioxy

make a channelscan and export it as ini-file and then post it here as attachement.

This ini-file all other user can import via channellist editor .

For this you have an Import- and Exportbutton at the bottom of the channellist.

Steffen

Come on guys! Some of you said that basically if I want canale 5 I have to do it myself :wub:

Basically... I wish I could.

I tried a channel scan with auto update on the mediaset trasponder and it didn't find it! And if it was found then the list was not updated.

Possibly I made something wrong but 1) I don't know what 2) The program didn't give hints

Any other help?

Enrico ( not ernesto :) )

Ciao Enrico (sorry for the "Ernesto"...),

when you make a scan you must pay attention to the name of the satellite in the first textarea of the scan window... if only have a dot more or less, DVBViewer (IMHO correctly...) create a new channellist... so you have to search the result of your scan elsewhere you aspect it...

In fact, the name used for HotBird in the boundled channellist is "Hotbird - 13°E" and the name you find in the scan window is "Hotbird 1,2,3,4,6": so the result of that scanning was put in a separate new list named "Hotbird 1,2,3,4,6"... and also "Hotbird 1,2,3,4,6" versus "HotBird 1,2,3,4,6" was different...

The name you find in the scan channellist window depend on what is written in te correspondent .ini file in the "Trasponders" directory, e.g., for HotBird, in the "0130.ini" file...

You can also update this file by downloading it from the following site: Joysfun and King of Sat... but take care of the sat's name they have written inside!

...for me, at the moment, the simplest way to have the entry "Canale 5" in the italian tread is: scan the trasponder, find the tread wherever was put in and drag it's entry in the right place...

BTW: have you noticed that the first textarea of the channellist is named "Find" or "Cerca" or...? Here you can type a channel name (even partial name...) and press enter repetitely for browse the corrispondent entry in the whole channellist....

@Klausing: what channellist editor you use? Can it filter/order with all cannel values?

Ciao

Gioxy

i use the chanellist editor which is inside the the channellist. This editor support drag and drop and can search by name inside it.

Steffen

Maybe you should know that Christian is in some ways affiliated with TechniSat. The SS2 doesn't feature the possibility to connect a common interface. Therefore no legal method for watching payTV with the SS2 and the DVBViewer exists and will not be supported. The plugin interface of the DVBViewer has been uniquely designed not to function directly with certain plugins.

please dont even try to tell me that u dont know ... .. 4 example....

I won't, but I tell you that your posting is in violation of forum-rule no. 7. :radscorpion:

Bye, Oliver

Try reading thoroughly and read other postings concering the Poorman's CAM. That's not allowed, too.

Since this is the second violation in the same topic your account will be suspended for one week.

Bye, Oliver

...sorry for the title and for the insistence, but IMHO the channellist is still far to perfect... not a complain, Christian is working very hard and continuosly, but...

...and without any reference to crypted channels...

What I asked for in the precedent topic, is simply a way to export - ordinate - reimport the channellist, because (as I say before) I can't find a lossyless way to do it...

So, the ideal for me (even in a far future) is to add a tag in the channel list window that lead to a tabular view of all the channel, where you can ordinate the list by every relevant channel characteristic's (e.g language!), ascending or descending (like Outlook Express...)...

Meanwhile of course I manage it like Klausing do, but when you drag a new channel from a satellite to another (the same sat but with different name...), the other channel are renumbered, and at least my favourit list stop working correctly...

IMHO a big step ahead could be the one I expose on top, i.e. ordering and filtering the list in Excel or Access, or (why not) whith an external prog...

Who order the list included in DVBViewer? And, mainly, how?

Tanks to all

Gioxy

...sorry for the title and for the insistence

Direct your thanks for closing the first topic to Giorusso. :rolleyes: I've now merged the topics and opened it again, though.

So, the ideal for me (even in a far future) is to add a tag in the channel list window that lead to a tabular view of all the channel, where you can ordinate the list by every relevant channel characteristic's (e.g language!), ascending or descending (like Outlook Express...)...

I'd like that, too.

Who order the list included in DVBViewer? And, mainly, how?

I've created a list some time ago, but I don't know wether there's a new list now (I keep mine :radscorpion: ). I've used the normal editor of the channel-list.

Bye, Oliver

...sorry for the title and for the insistence, but IMHO the channellist is still far to perfect...

..I think that's more than an understatement. Btw. Canale 5 mentioned in the old thread is a FTA service, so are all channel on this transponders (hotbird, 11190V). If you try repeatedly you may be lucky that all services finally will appear in the list. Other transponders only yield services without names.

Updating a single channel can only be done by writing the pids manually or by scanning the transponder with a very lengthy procedure (defining root, disecq, start and end frequency ..but beware of deleting old none existing channels otherwise they will be still in the list) I couldn't rather think of a worse system..

As Christian asked some time ago: Those who want to have a new feature or a function changed should provide a detailed collage. Gioxy was the first one to at least present a concrete suggestion.

Bye, Oliver