EPG shows channel number

daffy

The EPG OSD shows the channel number.

Nice. But what for?

Aside: As it happens, I accidentally managed to run into the "press sequence of digits to compose channel number" feature (which even with me knowing that it does exist manages to successfully hide in the docs - or not). Great feature in general, but I myself will probably never use it.

Effect: I consider the channel number left of the channel name in the OSD ("1 ZDF") a visual distraction, an irrelevancy, noise.

Result: My life would be a tad bit less miserable if there was an option to turn off showing the channel number in the small OSD window. :->

...and I think that is impossible to have a check box for every feature...

...maybe another position in the screen is more appreciated? I propose the number on the left corner and the channel name on the right one (like my TV :wub: )...

Bye

Gioxy

You can tune every channel if you write the channelnumber by keyboard. So the channelnumber is important for this.

By the way on my tv the channelnumber is on the same area like in DVBViewer.

Hmmm, thats i understand!

We can ask Christian, that he will create a EPG style without this number.

Steffen

I don't mind the channelnumbers, because ever once in a while :wub: I tune in a channel via the numeric keys of my remote (and it's faster). Getting older and older, with a tendancy to forget things (anybody else?) it's a nice feature to visualize the channel numbers to help to remember them. Of course not "Das Erste" but who remembers "bloomfield" if it's one of the less used channels.

So I'ld vote to keep it.

What rather bugs me, is the position of the OSD info fields. Due to the overscan function of my TV they are partly out of sight. Should I post this as a bug?

Should I post this as a bug?
Why not? But you can post it as feature request for your special situation.

Steffen

Thanks for your quick reply!

But you can post it as feature request...

I already did (blush) but nobody cared.

...for your special situation

Looks like I'm the only one with the computer connected to the livingroom TV?!

Guest hackbart

hmm, concerning the osd problem - maybe it was posted, while i was in holydays :wub:

What happens if you change the output mode to vmr? This time the OSD is painted directly into the videoscreen, so if you stretch the image the Onscreen Display is stretched too...

Christian

Thanks Christian!

I'm using VMR7. The matrox driver takes care via a function called DVDmax, that everything, which is written into the DVBViewer window, is copied to the TVoutput. Including the OSD and also when the DVBViewer window is minimized. This works fine with VMR7 and only with VMR7. It also works only with Mediamatics and Elecard! Selecting eighter Med. or Elec. has a slight influencce on the width of characters displayed on TV but as far as I can see, not on the width of the menue field, which I don't quite understand.

Everything else I cannot influence, expecially the amount of overscan applied. But that is perfectly ok, it's just like the ordinary TV image. However under these circumstances the white Channel information at the top left corner is mostly off screen (numbers fed in via remote and afterwards channelname. Also the EPD info at the Bottom is partly off screen. With Mediamatics here a slightly larger characterfont would be nice.

As far as I can judge the red "recording in progress" bullet is not painted at all.

Does this description clarify the situation? If not, I shall give it another try.

Thanks again!