ADSL dial-up and SkyStar 2 problem

zatezalo

Hi there,

First of all to make it clear that I DON'T have any problem with my SkyStar 2 card, it's working great even with DiSeqC. I'm receiving a lot of channels from both HotBird and Astra. BUT !!! Immediatly after installation of SkyStar 2 drivers, both v4.22 and v4.28 my ADSL stopped working. Namely, it was connecting every time but data traffic at all. It seems that all data are now routed through SkyStar 2 since it is alaso a broadband receiver.

How to solve this problem? How to enable ADSL (my internet connection) and SkyStar 2 at the same time?

Just to mention, my system is:

processor: - Athlon 2500+,

motherboard: - Asus A7N8x

Graphic card: Geforce FX 5200

RAM: - 512 MB DDR 400

HDD: - 40 MB & 60MB Maxtor

Thank you.

My connection is working without any problems up until the moment when I install driver for SkyStar 2 (Found new hardware wizard pops up). Furthermore, if I have either my Internet Explorer started and/or Kazaa and/or video stream through Real One Player they will all remain working even after installation of driver. But, as soon as I close any of these programs and try to start them again, they cannot connect any more while the remaining ones still work. Wierd, isn't it?

I can even drop ADSL connection and reconnect and everything will still be OK.

Please if somebody could give me a concrete proposal on how to solve that. Is this issue connected with IP routing, where after installation od SkyStar 2 driver all traffic is routed through that connection although it is no in use? How to solve that if this is indeed the case? I have tried everything I could think of, running out of ideas.

P.S. it is not firewall issue, and if it is with my local IP adresses, what can I do to resolve that ?

Thank you.

The SkyStar 2 connection: Only the TCP/IP internet protocol must be installed with the following IP-address: 192.168.238.238, subnet-mask: 255.255.255.0.

NIC: 192.168.0.1/255.255.255.0.

Bye, Oliver

Bluescreen is an symptom of an hardware or driver error. Thats the reason for the commendation to change the slot. We had a lot of users which had after using an other slot no problems.

If the hardwareassistent is starting he search for the hardware at this slot and (could be) find an error between your SS2 and an other hardware. If you change the slot, (maybe) the error is solved.

Try an other slotfor your SS2 or your networkcard or both!

Try to install ADSL after SS2.

Which ADSL-Drivers you ar using? Have you tryed the driver of schlabbach? For me thats the best DSL drivers without any problems and you can use your normal windows onboard connection service and dont need any other software.

I have tried everything
I Dont belive this!

Steffen

I've never had a blue screen symptom. My SkyStar 2 card is recognised and installed fine, I'm currently watching both Astra and HotBird programs. That is not the problem.

I've also tried changing slot just in case, but the result was the same.

My network card is integrated onto motherboard so I cannot change a slot.

I have tried to install ADSL after SkyStar2. No results.

I have the USB Alcatel SpeedTouch modem, and use 1.6.1.5 driver for it (Tried lower versions with the same result.)

I said that I have tried everything I could think of, not that I have tried everything, because I don't know a lot about this matter.

Any other suggestions? It is obviously quite an unusual problem.

Thanks.

Had you looked at your Firewall?

Got you any errormessage or have you entrys in your eventlog?

Had you pinged some hosts-ip's in the internet? Maybe the connection works but your pc search the internet over the SS2, because the SS2 would be handled as an normal network card. Maybe you have a routing problem inside. Some Popup blocker (like webwasher) or firewalls have some problems if TCPIP is activated on your SS2.

Had you looked at the ip-adresses of your card. If there is a conflict your internet-connection will not work.

It could give many reason for your problems and thats what i reckoned as i said i dont belive that you had done everything ....

Maybe you must write directly to TechniSAT, because here ist only the board for the DVBViewer and if there is a driverproblem between your USB-Modem and your SS2 they must have a look.

Steffen