MCE Remote

Hi!

I have an odd problem with the MCE remote plugin. A couple of the special buttons does not create any input to DVBViewer. When in learning mode, pressing the My Movies or My Pictures buttons, nothing happens. In MCE, the buttons work just fine. Also, the other special buttons work. What could be wrong?

Nils-H

Hi!

I have an odd problem with the MCE remote plugin. A couple of the special buttons does not create any input to DVBViewer. When in learning mode, pressing the My Movies or My Pictures buttons, nothing happens. In MCE, the buttons work just fine. Also, the other special buttons work. What could be wrong?

Nils-H

Hi

I have similar problems, allthough I can´t get a single button on my remote to work with DVBViewer. Latest version.

I have downloaded the plugins and have choosen mce2005 (have also tried the others) nothing works.

When I look at the configuration all the keymappings are for a keyboard, shouldn´ t it have changed to remote commands ?

What am I doing wrong ????

Please advise

When I look at the configuration all the keymappings are for a keyboard, shouldn´ t it have changed to remote commands ?

What am I doing wrong ????

Please advise

you need to learn the mce buttons first.. click the learn button in the upper right corner, then select your command and push the button on the mce.. then there should be an extra entry (besides keyboard) which is named mce or similar.. afaik the only button you cant map with the mce plugin is the green buttton in the middle..

also @Nils-H

if you want to use all buttons you could try the girder version.. you need the girder program, the mce plugin and its DVBViewer plugin.. you should find these and some instructions here on the board..

//edit: girder329b, mce plugin, girder plugin

Edited by marc88
  • 1 year later...

I have exactly the same promlem. Two buttons, My Movies and My Pictures, do not work and nothing happens in Learn mode. I use XPproSP3 and mce2005 plugin. Had someone found solution?

Edited by Andrey123456

Hi Andrey!

Did you try my plugin or the original one?

http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=28849

The ZIP contains a "normal" version and a "debug" version. Use the debug version only if still some keys are not recognized. The debug version creates a file C:\MCE2005.txt" for still unsupported but recognized keys. If everything works, then DON'T use the debug DLL.

Your plugin works just fine. Thank you very much.

Some wishes for future versions: It would be very nice to have in plugin settings "antirepeat timeout" parameter, like in TT-Remote plugin. If it is possible of course.

If you tell me what anti repeat timeout means - sorry, i'm old and it's late already ;)

Antirepeat timeout is a minimal time interval between two commands when you press and hold button for a long time. It prevents processing command twice when a button is pressed just once. Algorythm should be following: if remote command is received - process it, wait for "antirepeat timout", then enable reception of next command.

I would like to change this parameter because of two reasons:

1. Prevent multiple action when I press a button once.

2. Possibility to adjust speed of channel switching when I press and hold ch+ ch-