error: 0x80040200 (Speciefied media type is invalid)

freitasm

I've installed DVBViewer Pro 3.9.2.0 yesterday. I tried before buying it with the TransEdit which had no problems finding channels with a Hauppage USB DVB-T 900 device.

DVBViewer finds the correct channels and even shows the current program EPG data - but then it stops with the following message:

"Cannot render mediafile/output pin, error: 0x80040200 (Speciefied media type is invalid)."

This is a Windows Vista Ultimate machine, based on a Mac mini (Intel Core 2 Duo), 1.8 GHz, 1 GB RAM. It's dedicated to Media Center so there is no other software running on it.

I am using the Cyberlink Ultra H.264 drivers.

Any idea on what could be wrong?

Thanks

More information:

http://www.geekzone.co.nz/forums.asp?Forum...p;TopicId=19328 lists three .ts file samples recorded from the same source.

DVBViewer can play only one of these three files, and even so it shows the error message for all of them:

- the 720p from TV1 shows the error but clicking OK will play it.

- the other files it will show the error and clicking OK will crash the computer.

VLC Player plays the .ts files ok .

If I try playing any of the DVB-T signal received on DVBViewer I will see the error and if I click OK it crashes the computer.

This is the DirectX configuration:

- video renderer: Overlay mixer

- MPEG2 Video decoder: Cyberlink Video/SP decoder (PDVD7)

- h.264 decoder: Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder (PDVD7)

This is the DVD options:

- MPEG video decoder: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder (PDVD7)

Everything else is using the system defaults.