Full matroska support

ramonchin

While playing downloaded HD footage (mkv) , it would be nice if we could change between audios and subs from remote inside DVBViewer (like a DVD in media center mode). I hate to use keyboard in my sitting room.

Thanks.

On the other hand, DVBViewer doesn't show matroska subtitles (in overlay or VMR modes)

Edited by ramonchin
While playing downloaded HD footage (mkv) , it would be nice if we could change between audios and subs from remote inside DVBViewer (like a DVD in media center mode). I hate to use keyboard in my sitting room.

Thanks.

On the other hand, DVBViewer doesn't show matroska subtitles (in overlay or VMR modes)

Yes you're right..

And i would really wanna see someday DVBViewer playing mastroska via hardware acceleration :)

Yes you're right..

And i would really wanna see someday DVBViewer playing mastroska via hardware acceleration :)

Matroska with 4.1 level x264 video can be decoded with Cyberlink AVC/h264 codec using hardware... But 4.1 isn't still very used.

While playing downloaded HD footage (mkv) , it would be nice if we could change between audios and subs from remote inside DVBViewer (like a DVD in media center mode).

you can change audio if you use the "change audio" key which you can use with your remote.. works perfect for me..

you can change audio if you use the "change audio" key which you can use with your remote.. works perfect for me..

Can anyone confirm this? It's not working for me...

if it works depends on what direct show filters are used. Have a look at view->filters, there is a list of filters that is used. If anything doesn't work, try different filters, by playing arround with the merrit values.

if it works depends on what direct show filters are used. Have a look at view->filters, there is a list of filters that is used. If anything doesn't work, try different filters, by playing arround with the merrit values.

The filters are CoreAvc + Haali Media splitter. I think the problem would be how connect Haali splitter and DVBViewer in order to get subs and all audios.

Can you check what filters are loaded?... I can't believe.

the problem is, that haali splitter hides the other audio tracks and subtitles from DVBViewer, so DVBViewer can't know nothing about them. I think the only possibility to change that is to change the splitter.

Here it works with Matroska Splitter. I don't know if it has other disadvantages, but I can switch audio tracks from within DVBViewer with it. And playback of x264 material in conjunction with ffdshow worked good.

Edited by Moses
Here it works with Matroska Splitter. I don't know if it has other disadvantages, but I can switch audio tracks from within DVBViewer with it. And playback of x264 material in conjunction with ffdshow worked good.

thats probably it, because i am using the matroska splitter which is working perfect for me (ive only tried to switch audio because i dont have any videos with subtitles).. ive been using it for 3 months now and i havent discovered any problems..

thats probably it, because i am using the matroska splitter which is working perfect for me (ive only tried to switch audio because i dont have any videos with subtitles).. ive been using it for 3 months now and i havent discovered any problems..

Are you playing videos on VMR or overlay?

Does anyone know any other splitter?

• 4 weeks later...

In Media player classic I can change between subs and audios while using Haali Media Splitter (the best for h264 mkv's)... Really is a pity I can´t do it from my remote in DVBViewer... I 'll pray for that :bye:

The old Matroska Splitter is giving me (in 2 PC's) choppy video.

Edited by ramonchin