auto zoom/stretch

dorijan

It would be great if you could implement auto resize/strech wile watching tv...

I mean, sometimes there are black border in picture itself, so it would be great if DVBViewer could detect it and strech it automaticly over whole screen

thank you...

hm....just tried but found only one post where you said that it will not happen...

maybe there are some other posts but they are in german?

I would appreciate if you could give me a link to a post...

Hhhm will not happen... Hope this is not the final answer since many posts and users are asking for it.

It is the biggest lack of DVBViewer in my opinion although I am aware it is not really DVBViewer but Microsoft EVR related. But there must be a work around like in ZoomPlayer and MediaPlayer Classic - with OSD of course.

It is just too essential for an HTPC to have the possibility to stretch/zoom. Half of my Full HD 42 inch screen is filled with black bars from those stupid VOX, kanaleins, Pro7 pseudo 16:9 broadcast. What a waste of worthy pixels - just want to zoom it away

• 1 year later...
Please use the forumssearch and you will understand why this will not happen.

I think, this is possible (CPU on today's PC is strong, and software based decode of MPEG2 stream not change overall CPU load - max 10% more).

And you don't need decode stream completelly if you don't want to. You can make this only every 3-4 seconds, to detect black borders (e.g).

I thing, this plugin (based on open source libmpeg2) would be great. It does not matter on CPU load (about 10% more).

Edited by ViViD
  • 10 months later...

In DVBV settings is possiblity to save volume and selected audio channel per channel.

Good new function could be possiblity to save also "zoom" per channel. (actual version saves zoom individually for 4:3 and 16:9 channels).

Edited by ViViD
  • 2 weeks later...

I see no black borders , everything is strechted to 1920x1080 but this is cause the TV does it, not the computer.

I will switch to the computer so thate the video driver streches the picture but I doubt that it will be so good cause

it is cpu intensive , even when the videocard can help alot.

I know the problem tho: not all SD channels are in fact 720x576, some compacter in hortizontal resolution and it's the task of the DVB decoder to showt it back as 720x576 pixels.

Even an old type analog TV could receive a lower resolution and boost up to full screen.

note tho: I connected the computer to the LCD tv with the analog sub-d 15 video cable. (I know, not a good situation) but the enw mediacenter will be connected via HDMI

and I expect a few problems with HDMI.

Conclusion: from 4:3 to 16:9 and no black borders is a matter of rescaling. Rescaling just pixel wise is easy and los CPU etc , but Rscaling with calculation new subpixels to reach a full 1920x1080 pixels can bring even a fast computer down when only the CPU has to do it. Video card support (DXVA ) is very important.

Edited by Benarty
  • 2 weeks later...

try to play a recording that has the problem with the mpeg decoder software.

If the decoder software shows the bars then DVBViewer will also show these since DVBViewer has no auto resize feature. You can manual zoom a channel but this not not very user friendly in case of HTPC use.

Wife acceptance factor related with DVBViewer is rather low.