Interface on server for Popcorn Hour client.

Kurben

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Lars_MQ

• buttonsNI.

• Derrick

• pastimer

Top Posters In This Topic

No, i havent tried the webserver on poppy. I use a PDA with a wireless ethernet connection for that! That way i can change channels without changing anything on the PH itself.

Yep. Used an iTouch for this. Works quite nice.

But then I tried to get the Popcorn to access the DVBViewer-Webserver to circumvent the no-zap limitation of the Popcorn.

Juergen

Maybe a misunderstanding? I have PH stream from the netstreaming plugin (the new PH version).

I am using a PDA to connect to DVBViewer webserver to switch channels. So i did not trie to connect to the webserver from PH. It mignt work but there's too much navigation to switch a channel in that way. In my setup PH just doesnt stop streaming the TV signal (and follows the channel switches quite nicely)

I agree but there was just a single answer to my post on the poppi board.

Very intersting post. I wonder why there was so little respons:

Das Thema dass Sie anschauen möchten, existiert nicht oder ist für Sie nicht einsehbar.

http://www.hdd-player.de/syabas/showthread.php?tid=2076

here is the new link to the thread sorry for that ;) but i decided to give the PCH or specially the syabas devices an own forum because it is 90% of the action on hdd-player.de ;)

So the new Board Url is http://www.hdd-player.de/syabas/

Also as little update i get the ok from syabas and also Popcornhour that Lars gets an free sample to work with i think they will send out this or maybe next week if i get the trackingnumber lard will get an mail from me.

cHarOn

trackingnumber lard will get an mail from me.

Well lard = Schmalz in german. I'm not sure how to interpret this typo ;) ;)

Yeah, I'm very curious about the Popi now. I read a lot in the forums and the specs and I really think this might be a good if not perfect fit for the viewer and my ideas for it. :bye:

Interesting thread. ;)

Also ran this test with the html-file opened from the Poppy to access a running DVBViewer (netcast plugin) on the network . Works nicely.

Am about to kick my PC out of my little cinema and put it somewhere else if ...

... Switching channels is working.

... HD is working too.

I understand from what you [Pastimer] said, that you can switch channels. If so, how did you get this working?

Tried also tuning an HD-Channel (Anixe), but did not get anything onto the screen. Is there some special setting required to get HD working?

Regards,

Goggo

Hi,

for a newbee like me, can you post a full flow process to activate popcorn and DVBViewer. I don't know what settings I need to make in PCH to get it work.

Thanks,

Horace

Yeah, I'm very curious about the Popi now. I read a lot in the forums and the specs and I really think this might be a good if not perfect fit for the viewer and my ideas for it. ;)

I am very glad that you have changed your view on this from the first post in this thread ;)

I am a frequent user of DVBViewer and I must say that compared to GBPVR, DVBViewer is way ahead in video performance and stability.

DVBviwers focus has always been on the video performance and not as a mediacenter (personal opinion). I think that the mediacenter functionality of the Popcorn is sufficent and hope that you will focus on the live tv functionality and as second possible prio improve the mediacenter part.

The option to change channels from the popcorn and a small OSD saying what channel it is would be most sufficent and most wanted I guess since the Popcorn already has the functinality of viewing pictures and listening to music and viewing downloaded/recorded video. Hopefully the Syabas team will continue to improve this as it has a few things that need to be improved.

I always say that the best way to be best at something is to be narrow and focused.

hi i too am trying out the popcorn unit and would like information as to the set up with DVBViewer

any info would be greatly appreciated...

many thanks

hi i too am trying out the popcorn unit and would like information as to the set up with DVBViewer

any info would be greatly appreciated...

many thanks

anyone in here fancy helping me on this one .id love to get the kids channels upstairs on the popcorn hour

..just set up the netstream plugin in a normal way.

Settings: unicast, Interface: IP of the networkadapter of the pc where your DVBViewer is running (or 0.0.0.0), port of your choice e.g. 1234

Stream Control: don't stream the whole transponder. For the channel you can select all audio. The other checkboxes should be empty, AC3 patch if the sound is ac3.

That's in fact all for the DVBViewer. The idea is WYSIWYS (what you stream is what you see or vice versa :) ).

The PCH has to be configured accordingly in your LAN. On the PC you have to create a html file with the IP and port you just have defined in the netstream plugin. This file must be in a shared folder so the popi can see it. Select this file on the remote control of the popi and press enter for a 2nd time. That's all.

here some shots of my settings:

..just set up the netstream plugin in a normal way.

Settings: unicast, Interface: IP of the networkadapter of the pc where your DVBViewer is running (or 0.0.0.0), port of your choice e.g. 1234

Stream Control: don't stream the whole transponder. For the channel you can select all audio. The other checkboxes should be empty, AC3 patch if the sound is ac3.

That's in fact all for the DVBViewer. The idea is WYSIWYS (what you stream is what you see or vice versa :) ).

The PCH has to be configured accordingly in your LAN. On the PC you have to create a html file with the IP and port you just have defined in the netstream plugin. This file must be in a shared folder so the popi can see it. Select this file on the remote control of the popi and press enter for a 2nd time. That's all.

here some shots of my settings:

first can i thank you very much for answering me

i eventually got this working using a memory stick with the html file on it

click on to the white page with the words DVBViewer on it and it connected

so how do i change channel on the popcorn or do i only watch whats on downstairs

so how do i change channel on the popcorn

you can't. Only directly on the DVBViewer or via the webserver. Maybe in the future, if @Lars finds out how

you can't. Only directly on the DVBViewer or via the webserver. Maybe in the future, if @Lars finds out how

ok derrick once again many many thanks for your help

The simplest thing would be to adapt the existing webserver interface

Start Page should be a simple EPG guide with channel name and what is actually broadcasted. With the PCH remote you are now able to navigate on the web page from channel to channel and select a station.

RTL

>BBC<

RAI 1

This is how the channel links could look like:

<a href="http://IP/play.php?channel=1" vod="playlist">RTL</a>

<a href="http://IP/play.php?channel=2" vod="playlist">BBC</a>

<a href="http://IP/play.php?channel=3" vod="playlist">RAI 1</a>

Whithin the play script:

- send the command to switch channel to DVBViewer > c:\...\DVBViewer -c2

- generate the playlist with this content: "DVBViewer|0|0|http://DVBViewer-IP:port|"

And if you like it more user friendly:

- optimize output for 16:9 TV displays

- easy navigation; arrange channels in bouquets

Theoretically you can also catch remote commands to implement a channel up/down - see here: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/download..._2007_v1.2.html

The simplest thing would be to adapt the existing webserver interface

Start Page should be a simple EPG guide with channel name and what is actually broadcasted. With the PCH remote you are now able to navigate on the web page from channel to channel and select a station.

RTL

>BBC<

RAI 1

This is how the channel links could look like:

<a href="http://IP/play.php?channel=1" vod="playlist">RTL</a>

<a href="http://IP/play.php?channel=2" vod="playlist">BBC</a>

<a href="http://IP/play.php?channel=3" vod="playlist">RAI 1</a>

Whithin the play script:

- send the command to switch channel to DVBViewer > c:\...\DVBViewer -c2

- generate the playlist with this content: "DVBViewer|0|0|http://DVBViewer-IP:port|"

And if you like it more user friendly:

- optimize output for 16:9 TV displays

- easy navigation; arrange channels in bouquets

Theoretically you can also catch remote commands to implement a channel up/down - see here: http://www.networkedmediatank.com/download..._2007_v1.2.html

i for certain would not have enough computer knowlegde to know what your talking about here

on the other hand does anyone know how to seperate the audio channel from the stream of dvb veiwer to the popcorn

i see there is a button for audio on the popcorn remote which switches the audio language ie dan to swe

but sometimes the audio channel needs to be switched also to get the desired audio ie from center channel to left or right channel

any ideas

i for certain would not have enough computer knowlegde to know what your talking about here

on the other hand does anyone know how to seperate the audio channel from the stream of dvb veiwer to the popcorn

i see there is a button for audio on the popcorn remote which switches the audio language ie dan to swe

but sometimes the audio channel needs to be switched also to get the desired audio ie from center channel to left or right channel

any ideas

Well, of course you will need some programming skills (html,php or asp).

What do you mean by separating center to left/right? Ether you can switch between different audio streams (e.g. different languages, 5.1, 2.0) or you have a single stream where you can separate A/B (left, right). This can be done with the audio button on the remote.

..don't forget to change channels, you have to stop streaming, return to the selection page, select the new program and press enter again. I don't want to do that :rolleyes:

Well, of course you will need some programming skills (html,php or asp).

What do you mean by separating center to left/right? Ether you can switch between different audio streams (e.g. different languages, 5.1, 2.0) or you have a single stream where you can separate A/B (left, right). This can be done with the audio button on the remote.

in DVBViewer if you are watching lets say boomerang on 1west ,you have a choice of either languages eg. audio track =either eng or swe ......i choose eng...ok

but in order for me to hear only eng i have to choose in 'audio channel =left'

if i leave the audio channel =center i hear 2 different languages ,'left = eng' & 'right =swe'

in DVBViewer we can separate this

but on popcorn this does not happen all of the time with certain tv channels

for the tv channel example which used above

we can choose 'audio track 1 or 2' using the audio button at the bottom of the remote but there is still two sets of audios channels coming through on each speaker

if i change to either audio track i hear 2 languages coming from left and right speakers ,'left =swe' & 'right = eng'

there is no way to separate them or choose only left channel or only right channel (eng) on the popcorn

do you understand ?

A little background for the above post:

Some channels do not send separate Audiostreams but use the left and right channel of a stereo signal to transmit different languages or features (audiodescription for visually impaired etc.).

Edited by buttonsNI.
there is no way to separate them or choose only left channel or only right channel (eng) on the popcorn

do you understand ?

..there's nothing the DVBViewer can do about this. But it's also not true :rolleyes: With several audio tracks (select all audio in the netstream plugin) you can switch through the audio tracks on the rc. With a single mpeg audio track, the audio button swichtes between right, left, mono and stereo. So if you want to select a single channel of a dual channel track, make sure that all audio is unchecked.

..there's nothing the DVBViewer can do about this. But it's also not true :rolleyes: With several audio tracks (select all audio in the netstream plugin) you can switch through the audio tracks on the rc. With a single mpeg audio track, the audio button swichtes between right, left, mono and stereo. So if you want to select a single channel of a dual channel track, make sure that all audio is unchecked.

i know its not the dvbviewers problem but have you tried tunning into the boomerang channel at all ?

i have checked and unchecked the all audio in netstreaming and it made no differance whats so ever

i still had a mixture of languages coming from each speaker

and i have posted this problem in the networkmediatank forum...

i know its not the dvbviewers problem but have you tried tunning into the boomerang channel at all ?

i have checked and unchecked the all audio in netstreaming and it made no differance whats so ever

i still had a mixture of languages coming from each speaker

and i have posted this problem in the networkmediatank forum...

ok so i stand here to be corrected .today i did manage to get the audio i was seeking by unchecking 'all audio'on netstreaming and switching from 'mono left' to 'mono right' on the popcorn . i must have tested it yesterday whilst watching a non english speaking cartoon.

Topcat and PC Dibble were definately speaking in english today.

hope you all can see fit to forgive and forget lol

Edited by buttonsNI.
..have you tried tunning into the boomerang channel at all ?

..you have to be more specific. Boomerang appears in my list about a thousand times, most of it encrypted with CAS I don't have entitlements for. The premiere channel doesn't have dual channel audio.

First of all I would like to thank all those who helped here and made this plugin available.

I can't wait to try it out this evening.

I also have a PCH and an even better eGreat.

i didn't know how to add links for streaming audio and video, now it seems it's as easy as making an html page and clicking on it from the NMT.

Thanks again.

Just a suggestion (I didn't try it out).

on the same page you could place a link with the webinterface of the DVBViewer.

So for changing channels you could click this link to chosse the right channel and then click on the streaming link again.

I've done this with teh streaming of my Triple Dragon and a web based remote controll plugin.

In that case the streaming could stay open.

Don't shoot me if I said something wrong, it was just a thought.

Just a suggestion (I didn't try it out).

on the same page you could place a link with the webinterface of the DVBViewer.

So for changing channels you could click this link to chosse the right channel and then click on the streaming link again.

I've done this with teh streaming of my Triple Dragon and a web based remote controll plugin.

In that case the streaming could stay open.

Don't shoot me if I said something wrong, it was just a thought.

Bang! :-)

Just wondering how you can then browse and select links without stopping streaming. If you want to switch between channels just returm a playlist from your application to PCH. Then you can navigate through the items without returning to the GUI. Your application needs then to handle the channel switch.

Hello

Not see channels/EPG by web interface in the popcorn.

Using the latest version 1.4.9 Beta, port 80, and computer IP

I created a file EPG.html with this content:

<a href="http://192.168.1.6/mobil/index.html" > EPG_DVBViewer </a>

The PCH said that the request can not be processed

What I do wrong?

Edited by Sedano

I tried.

In the computer (Firefox) operates both in standard mode as in Mobile Webinterface

In the Popcorn:

- In Webinterface mode not load the page

- In Mobile Webinterface mode load the page, but does not change channels (or do not know how to do)

Edited by Sedano

well you need to rewrite most of the html templates because the browser on the popcorn hour does not support everything.

Im working on it.

Just wanted to chime in and thank everybody trying to find a solution getting the Pop to interact with DVBViewer!

Thanks all, hope your progress is successful, Lars! :angry:

Well, I could use several "webdesigners" :angry:

I have so far:

• a special webserver which does the communication between the popcorn hour and the DVBViewer.
  • the important webpages are displayed but are not very useable. The handling has to and will change completely. there will be not much left of the old stuff. Pages must be organized in a completly different way, but maybe that's not so bad.. :rotfl:
  • a special streaming plugin, which does the delivery of LiveTV (timeshift will follow).
  • a small application that will run directly on the popcorn hour. It takes care of remote keypresses will watching TV. So you can at least switch up/down or enter channel numbers. No feedback, no OSD because it is not possible (for now).
    Zapping does actually work quite nice and is fast.
    The setup and starting of the popi app will be done by the webserver and the confguration should be easy.
  • Priority for now are: channellist and EPG presentation and timers.
  • Did I mention that the webserver is automatically detected and shown on the mediasource page? :rotfl:

As soon as I have a at least halfway useable EPG and Channellist interface, I will publish it so you have something to play around with it. Shouldn't take too long (if I get these %&§$# webpages running... :wacko: )

Great news Lars.

You realy are up to something VERY interesting and i hope you won't encounter too many problems:)

Favourite support as well i hope?