Overlay Mixer black screen with nvidia and dualview

Joqu

When im using DVBViewer 3.9.2.0 and try to use overlay mixer or unchanged on dual or clone view with

nvidia card i get sound but no picture. Strange thing is that preview works and shows lilttle screen on

left upper side with picture.

When i change to sigle display the picture shows perfectly

tryed several decoder combos no effect.

DVBViewer TE works with overlay mixer perfectly with dualview strangely enough..

Tryed to remove/reinstall several times no effect :)

Works with wmr7 and wmr9 but takes more processor time so i would prefer using overlay if i get it working :)

Im using nvidia 6800 with newest driver (Forceware 169.21) and technisat cablestar 2

Support file attached if it is any help..

support.zip

Seems that nvidia dualview has big problems with DVBViewer:

-wmr7&9 it crashes if i try to open recorded or video files (does not on monitor only on tv side)

-with overlay mixer & that mpeg driver it works but hogs something like 50% of my resources normaly its like >10%

-strange lags now and then; Sometimes frequent

-with other codecs it works on main monitor but if i drag it to tv the picture doesnt show..

so i recomend that you change to clone or tv only state if you like it to work properly

(you can Close Graph to change to monitor and keep DVBViewer on)

you can try to change tv out to 800x600 - it didint work on 1024 on me at all with overlay mixer.. and check that the codec selected is mpv decoder filter

Dont know if its a nvidia driver problem or DVBViewer but it would be really nice if it could be fixed :)

Normal video viewing (avis etc) with other players works fine in dual, never had any problems until now with dvbv tho :D(

would be nice to hear if its a common problem..

Edited by Joqu
Got it working finally by using: http://haali.cs.msu.ru/mkv/ ;)

:) -MY problem was simply that I haven't installed the VIA Chipsetdrivers (after another clean install) for my main board.

After installing that, reinstalling directx and Nvidia drivers - overlay it worked fine again.... ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem. Never bothered about as VMR9 worked fine but I recently had to update the drivers for my nForce 430 chipset and then VMR9 stopped working in DVBViewer - the picture get a lot of tearing and pixelation. Using EVR gives a really good picture but the drawbacks of using EVR in DVBViewer means this is not an option. So now I have choice between Overlay which gives no image, VMR which gives a crappy image and EVR which gives a good picture but sucks.

I've tried to downgrade to 3.6 version, upgrade directX, changed decoders, switched on/off DXVA but no go. So if someone has a solution on how to get picture with Overlay or how to solve the VMR issue I am all ears.

BTW, I am running two monitors in clone mode - doesn't help if I run single or dual-head, overlay give black image in DVBViewer anyway (but works in other dx media players)

Edited by AndersB
  • 3 months later...
Hi guys,

I too had this problem, but after a few hours of trial and error, I managed to get it back by re-installing the FFDshow mpeg4 pack

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/FFDShow.htm

and the Maktrosa pack

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Matroska_Pack.htm

Then select FFdshow as Mpeg2 Video Decoder.

Hope this helps.

Sorry Guys, I forgot to say that this was for Vista x64. I haven't tried it in XP but it's worth a go.