Amazing Visual Experience

Griga

Last night, while testing DVBViewer recording, I accidentally got into a French film (broadcasted on "Das Erste" October 29th, 1:20) - and got stuck on it.

It's titled "Microcosmos - People of the Grass" and shows what's going on in a meadow - no words are spoken, except a short introduction, just music... and it's an amazing visual experience. They used all kinds of "Macrovision" techniques and specially adapted cameras for this film. After this, you know that a meadow isn't just a meadow, but a jungle full of aliens.

A lot of information about this film can be found in the web, e.g. here.

The broadcast will be repeated on the MDR channel (Astra 19° East, 12109 MHz) on Friday, October 31th, early in the morning (6:30). So if you are interested, don't forget to program your DVBViewer...

Griga

P.S. Watch how snails make love. Then you'll know that the human way of making love is quite poor... :jump:

Same thing happened to me! I pushed the "record" button right away and got most of it but am looking forward to getting the whole thing on Fri a.m. My whole family thoroughly enjoyed it, esp. the snails and also the ladyirds mating!

i saw the film a lot of year ago in a cinema and i own the dvd.

Ther is another fil from the same director:

"il popolo migratore" i thing it can be transalted migrating people bun 'm not sure

it's about birds, i see some trailer, the photography is amazing.

i'm looking for the dvd

Well, today I again recorded Micrcosmos from MDR... and got an annoying intensive red rectangle besides the channel logo :jump: . So I called MDR and asked them what kind of technical problem might have caused this disturbance.

"No, it's part of our new logo", the lady replied (we proudly present...), "you are not the first one who is complaining. However, everybody should be aware that he's watching MDR".

I told her that I will be *very* aware in future and switch over to another channel...

Griga

next time we we find channels which have inside of the logo a little video screen and not a logo in the video screen. :huh::jump:

Yes... probably the next thing they will do is to add a steady sound to their radio channels, so that everybody becomes aware that he is listening to MDR radio. :jump: and we have to pay the GEZ fees for all this nonsense.