Now I'm grovelling!

Kevin Steggles

Ok, right, I need some serious help, because I don't want to give up on this. Some of the problems I have asked about before, and I have followed all advice to the letter. I have also searched the forum for alterative solutions, and thoroughly read the help manual, but......I don't really understand this.

So.....I have a 2.66ghz Pentium 4 processor, 512mb ram, sky star 2 card, and the rest of the information is in the attached setup.ini file.

My problems are still that, after say about 20 minutes, the picture freezes and the sounds becomes intermittent. Before then, the sound quality is quite crackly and often stalls for a moment or two. I have disabled the screensaver within windows, and have disabled McAfee from scanning any ports or folders to do with the program.

Can anyone please suggest why this might be happening, or perhaps point me in the right direction as to what settings I should have within the options? This is not a criticsm, but I am not used to having to tinker with programs so much, because I am not an experienced computer user in that respect. I have read and re-read all help, but don't really understand what goes on. So, for instance, which audio decoder should I be using etc etc, or does none of this make much difference?

If anyone can help, I will pay them $1,000,000 (this bit is not true)

Thank you!

Piers

Setup.ini

Maybe your problem is related to HyperThreading. The latest release (1.99 R9a) has a HT fix. According to your setup.ini you're using an older version. Try the R9a.

Bye, Oliver

Yes, But you must have installed it! The DVBViewer is not bundled with decoders.

Have you installed the elecard decoder package?

I think I need to register it, because I had the dancing square...does this allow me to use the Odio dekoder and Elecard Mpeg2 then?

Also, can I download version 1.99R9a without paying again, and if so, where do I go? I'm currently using R1.99R8 apparently!

You already have the Odio decoder installed, look at your setup.ini.

Updates of the full version are free, you can download the latest release at www.DVBViewer.com/members.

Bye, Oliver

The dancing square is in the elecard mpg2 video decoder. You can unregister it by the installation routine. All other parts (Odio audio decoder, demultiplexer ...) of the decoder package are free and you can use it.

Steffen

Thanks for all your advice everyone, but alas, it still does not work reliably. SO I think it's time to bite the bullet and get a proper TV in my office and another Sky TV subscription!

Thanks for you help all the same.