Picture position & size problem in 1.99R9a

timetec

Hi

I was going to post this in the 'bugs' section, but perhaps it's just me :huh:

The problem I'm having is an unexpected 'resizing' of the picture.

The picture becomes 2/3 it's original size and is squashed over to the left (see screenshot) - changing the aspect ratio does very little except to alter the height and width slightly - nor does using 'best fit'.

Notice also that the EPG graphic is still to the right of frame :jump:

This seems to happen after switching between 4:2:2 transmisisons and a normal broadcast - once this has happend it cannot be reversed using the program. 'Rebuild Graph' / installing different codecs & rebuilding makes no difference to the picture position.

It seems to have nothing to do with the 'zoom' function, although the picture can be resized & moved to centre (pan & scan), but as expected, this results in a massive loss of vertical resolution.

The only way to fix the problem, is to uninstall & re-install DVBViewer. Shutting down/restarting the PC has no effect on this strange picture-resizing problem.

Using Marfi's / Elecard & Moonlight (both registered)

The next post has a copy of the Setup.ini in text format.

post-1-1067721346_thumb.jpg

528x576 what a crazy resolution...

its a problem of fast channel switching and elecard decoder. This decoder have some problem with this combination. You have this problem only on stations with resolution 480x576 and 525x576. If you disable fast channelswitching in the option you dont have this problem.

Or try another decoder.

cheers

Steffen

This odd resizing happens if the option "Automatic Video Detect" for Marfi's filter is disabled (see Settings/ Options/ DirectShow/ Source Filter). It reflects the state of a registry value:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MARFI.AX\VideoDetect

I suppose this value has been changed somehow, that's why restarting doesn't fix the problem. So I'd say, check that option and that value...

Griga

@Klausing

Thanks for your advice as ever - as it happens, fast switching was disabled :huh:

@Grigga

Yes, that has fixed the problem - now working like a dream - thank you.

Perhaps a quick mention of this anomoly could be made in the next update of the manual ? :jump:

Richard

@Gioxy: chm is a compressed file format. The differenz between the original chm (482K) and zip (475K) is only 7K !

Steffen

Well, the English manual's size is about 842 kbytes, that's a wee bit large. Since the English manual is bundled with the full version of the DVBViewer there's no need for a separately downloadable version. The bundled version is up to date with the R9a. The online manual already offers a preview of the coming R10, though.

Bye, Oliver

@Klusing: tank Steffen, I see, but I mean a zipped version (ehm... you are right, maybe "packed version" coulded be more correct...) only for download semplicity... now you need to download 13 deutsche-named file...

@Oliver: you are terribly fast in update the manual to the actual "state of the art" of the whole set of DVBViever and his plug-in (eg up!)... so I think that whould be greatly apreciated a little button (perhaps named "download zipped (packed) version" :blush:) to read it with calm and, over all, off-line... isn't it?

Tanks all!

Gioxy