Keeps asking for user and password

phineus

Hi there

I have had a read around the forum and although this topic has been discussed I can't find my solution.

DVBViewer asks for my user and password each time I start it up, after 30 secs of recording it does the same again and forces a program restart. It also does it when not recording but takes 20 mins or so.

Details:

1. I am using XP and not vista

2. I have entered my details correctly and did not copy and paste

3. I did pay for a legitimate copy

4. I have uninstalled it completely using revo uninstaller removing the program file folder, registry entries and user data folder before trying another install

5. I am logged in as the administrator

this whole problem started when I uninstalled DVBViewer 1st time due to recovering XP after another unrelated problem. I did try another version of DVBViewer on my pc in frustration (maybe not that legitimate) but I thought hell I have paid for the program but it just isn't working.

I am guessing either the program leaves something somewhere else on my pc that keeps it doing this or my IP address is blacklisted (static IP) or my account is now a restricted user account!??!??!

Can anyone please shed some light on this for me, I just got my [removed] setup and I need this program since I think it is the best around!!! Powerful, flexible but not bloated.

§ 13

Do not ask for or discuss plugins for descrambling/decrypting pay-tv or key-codes.

Although the DVBViewer Pro provides full pay-tv functionality it must only be used in combination with a valid subscription of a pay-tv provider, a tv-card/box featuring a "common interface" (CI) and the corresponding "common access module" (CAM) with a smart-card. This applies regardless wether software-descrambling is allowed in your country or not.

Deinstall completely, also delete DVBViewer program and userdata folder and install new. Make sure to input your userdata correctly while installing.

It still isn't working, can I get another serial key sent to my original e-mail address or something please?

I don't know if it'll help but I'll do whatever just to get it working

I have been through all the instructions previously as my first post and doing it again hasn't changed anything

thanks

• 1 month later...
Please can anyone help? :bounce:

I have the same problem. Now the program is installed on my HCPC computer and is not the one i use to go to internet.

So maybe it does that because it is not connected to internet?

So maybe it does that because it is not connected to internet?
No, mostly the reason is that a illegal version is/was used on the PC.

Please post the support.zip

No, mostly the reason is that a illegal version is/was used on the PC.

Please post the support.zip

Ok, here mY solution!

The reason I was having this, was that my pasword did not much exactly the first time I brought it in!!!! Most of these mistakes are made with O or 0. If you type zéro, where an letter O should be, your settings are not well registered. Also be careful with the caps on on your typeboard.