Dvbviewer+HD channels dont seem natural looking

kaisersose

I'm finding HDTV hard to look at using DVBViewer (same problem with both lcd and HD projector). Mpeg4 HD channels arent as natural as SD channels or Mpeg2 HD channels. Football matches are hard to watch as its hard to follow the action especially when the ball is travelling fast. Films aswell are hard to watch when theres a lot of action. Its not the problem of my tv or projector as Blu-ray movies are fine on the ps3 while connected to them. And I've watched some mpeg 2 HD satellite football feeds on my pc and they were perfect.

I'm using a Q6600, Vista Home premium 32bit, DVBViewer 3.9.1.0, Cyberlink H.264 PDVD7.X, EVR Renderer, and a 8500gt with hardware acceleration enabled.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

I'm finding HDTV hard to look at using DVBViewer (same problem with both lcd and HD projector). Mpeg4 HD channels arent as natural as SD channels or Mpeg2 HD channels. Football matches are hard to watch as its hard to follow the action especially when the ball is travelling fast. Films aswell are hard to watch when theres a lot of action. Its not the problem of my tv or projector as Blu-ray movies are fine on the ps3 while connected to them. And I've watched some mpeg 2 HD satellite football feeds on my pc and they were perfect.

I'm using a Q6600, Vista Home premium 32bit, DVBViewer 3.9.1.0, Cyberlink H.264 PDVD7.X, EVR Renderer, and a 8500gt with hardware acceleration enabled.

Can anyone suggest a solution to this?

Hi, kaisersose !

May be I have a similar case ...

I have a dual boot system E4200, 2600pro,8.3drivers, PowerDVD7.0Deluxe,DVBViewer3.9.2.

Under EVR/Vista I get heavy microstuttering whenever I watch soccer on PremiereHD, especially when a lot of movement is there.

It is not only when I am watching live over DVBViewer, it is also the case, if I transfer a recording from my reelbox onto the HTPC and watch it directly through PDVD.

So it is definitely not a DVBViewer issue.

The strange thing is, that the problem is not occuring if I use XP/overlay.

Same PDVD version, same driver (XP), no microstuttering, but the worse picture quality against EVR under Vista.

Meanwhile I assume it is a problem between PDVD and the EVR.

But I do not have any trouble watching films on PremiereHD, no matter how much movement ist there....

PremiereHD is H.264 by the way...

If anybody has a tip ...

Best regards

maier2505

Edited by maier2505

Try the latest beta (3.9.3.26 I think).

I had the same problem. Almost same config too. Q6600, 8800GTS + 8400GS. Had low framerate and high cpu usage.

After installing beta, I have very smooth HD and cpu usage is only at 6-8% ;)

I had the same problem with a similar PC ( q6600 + 8800GT + PDVD 8 dlx + DVBViewer 3.9.2) with Vistax64+SP1 and today I have seen that by default DXVA is disabled in DVBViewer and disabled hard accel. in powerDVD8, when I have activated that all works as Windows XP did, that is to say, it works good.

Best regards

I had the same problem with a similar PC ( q6600 + 8800GT + PDVD 8 dlx + DVBViewer 3.9.2) with Vistax64+SP1 and today I have seen that by default DXVA is disabled in DVBViewer and disabled hard accel. in powerDVD8, when I have activated that all works as Windows XP did, that is to say, it works good.

Best regards

with EVR, and 1 - 2% cpu usage. with free HD channels like Astra HD+

in overlay mode it doesn't work smoothly

Edited by ciberxtrem

Your misunderstanding me

It's the picture quality I am talking about. Framerate,CPU etc is fine

The channels I am finding hard to watch are Digitalb HD 1 and HD 2. Any fast movement is sore on the eyes. I've tried all codec's and renderer's and these still are hard to watch