XTRA-Music FTA for a month

Guest hackbart

Guest hackbart

As each year the XTRA-Music Channel is broadcasting a couple of his channels as Free To Air. On 12051 Mhz you can receive for the next weeks :

- 80's Hits

- 90's Hits

- Beautiful Instruments

- Blues

- Brazil Carnival

- Classic Rock

- Hottest Hits

- Euro Hits

- Indian Pop

- Modern Country

- Reggae

- Rock'n Roll Oldies

- Smooth Jazz

- Symphonic

- Trends

- UK Hits

So rescan and listen :blush:

Christian

INdian Pop , i never heard it before .....

Is there a website where i can find a programm guid of this channels? On XTra Music Webpage i couldn't find it.

Is there a place where i can find the running song?

I know, anybody created in the past a plugin for sunshine live (i think) which shows the running song. But i couldn't find it again in the board.

Steffen

Guest hackbart

the advantage from XTRA Music is that they send the proper song information via EPG. So you should see whats running without any problems.

I'll upload an updated audiorecorder plugin which handles this data and saves the mp3 files with a proper filename (song by song)..

Christian

I'll upload an updated audiorecorder plugin which handles this data and saves the mp3 files with a proper filename (song by song)..

I've re-uploaded the old Audio Recorder version, that had been overwritten. :blush:

The new XTRA-version should be provided as an additional download, because it has not been thoroughly tested. The Audio Recorder is a quite sophisticated software, and changes may cause bugs - especially if they are implemented by someone else.

Griga

P.S. Now it's like it should be... :P

Hi

Just got he audiorecorder plugin from members download area.

Problem is, it won't let me select the 'MP3' option from 'RECORD AS' menu - only WAV or Ogg Vorbis ????

All files in the correct place as stated in the Readme file.

Richard :blush:

Hi Klausing

I'm not sure... the version I have is 2.5 (Griga) - downloaded today.

The MP3 option works OK now, but it does not name the file (other than than the program name ie "80's Hits 1" etc.... nor does it split the tracks as it records - just saves as 1 continuous stream of tracks.

Editing this continuous stream & naming each individual track would take a great deal of time.

Richard :blush:

Yes we know this. few hours ago Christian uploadet an other version which should do this but it don't worked without errors and so we remove this version from the download section. :blush:

Steffen

Guest hackbart

Steffen is right, it works on my pc since a few hours without problems, but on Steffens System it forced crashs... Griga promised me to have a look onto the updated sources i made..

By the way i'll be in Berlin from Tomorrow till Thursday hoping to get DVB-T running properly :blush:

Christian

the advantage from XTRA Music is that they send the proper song information via EPG. So you should see whats running without any problems.

Christian

..great, but how do you cut the files? Afaik automatic cutting is only possible with MCE.

but on Steffens System it forced crashs

Most of it is due to the non-compatible way of reading/writing the AudioRecorder.cfg file in the plugins folder. Just delete it, and the XTRA-version will work better. However, there may be additional bugs - I don't know yet.

Griga

Guest hackbart

xtra music is sending only one epg entry for each channel they have. This entry contains a string with Songname, Interpret and Album. I just check the epg and if the title is changing i save the content in a new mp3 file. The only problem is that 2-3 seconds can be assigned wrong.

By the way i found the bug which caused trouble on Steffens PC - the configfile became bigger (+1 byte) and the followed data was interpreted wrong :blush:

Christian

Yes but there are 2 errors.

1. there is no point between file name and file extension

2. recordet files play to slow (like in an earlyer beta of Grigas recorder)

OK, I've checked the whole thing, and I'd say: Forget it!

I've got it working somehow, but the XTRA EPG data containing the song title and the artist sometimes arrive too late - some seconds after the beginning of the next song, so the cut isn't executed in time.

Secondly there is a severe problem concerning the DLL memory management - the way the DVBViewer passes EPG data to a plugin sooner or later causes access violations and other nasty errors.

Finally the automatic cutting may interfere with other Audio Recorder functions and cause additional problems. It would be a hard job to consider all the side-effects.

That's all...

Griga

Conversion: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/

For cutting MP3: http://www.rz.uni-frankfurt.de/~pesch/

...or first convert to WAV, use a wave editor (like the one bundled with Nero Burning ROM), and then convert to MP3. The quality will be the same, but cutting WAV can be done more accurately than cutting mp3.

If you own the DVBViewer full version, you may use the Audio Recorder Plugin for direct wav/mp3/ogg vorbis recording.

Griga

Just a small question.

I had problem with scanning, I rescanned sorted on freq, but none show up. I found them only after NOT select FTA. When I do an edit I can see that they are labeled encrypted. I can listen to most of them, but I am just confused, should not a rescan show what channel was FTA and what was encrypted?

rgds

..in this case, you can't blame the DVBViewer :( According to the PSI, the services are scrambled.

e.g. Indian Pop

from the SDT

service_id = 0x4E94

{

EIT_schedule_flag = 0 (not present)

EIT_present_following_flag = 1 (present)

running_status = 4 (running)

free_CA_mode = 1 (one ore more streams scrambled)

Descriptor entries

{

descriptors_loop_length = 0x0018

descriptor = 0x48 (service_descriptor)

{

descriptor_length = 0x16

service_type = 0x02 (digital radio sound service)

service_provider_name_length: 0x09

character_code_table (provider_name) = 00 - Latin alphabet (ISO/IEC 6937)

service_provider_name = XtraMusic

service_name_length = 0x0A

character_code_table (service_name) = 00 - Latin alphabet (ISO/IEC 6937)

service_name = Indian Pop

and from the PMT

PMT-PID 0x013C (XtraMusic - Indian Pop)

{

table_id = 0x02 (program_map_section)

CRC32 = 0x5C0D510C (OK)

section_syntax_indicator = 1 (OK)

section_length = 0x001B (shall not exceed 0x03FD)

program_number = 0x4E94

version_number = 0x04

current_next_indicator = 1 (is applicable)

section_number = 0x00 (shall be always 0x00)

last_section_number = 0x00 (shall be always 0x00)

PCR_PID = 0x01BE

program_info_descriptors

{

program_info_length = 0x0006

descriptor = 0x09 (CA_descriptor)

{

descriptor_length = 0x04

CA_system_ID = 0x0D03 (Philips - Cryptoworks)

CA_PID = 0x0192

}

}

PMT-entries

{

stream_type = 0x03 (ISO/IEC 11172 Audio)

{

elementary_PID = 0x01BE

there's even a valid ecm_pid with a cryptoworks ecm_stream but the stream itself is not scrambled ;)

I guess many STBs will have problems getting these radios ;)

..so, jetzt habe ich auch mal was eingestellt (reggae :D ).

Das sieht man schon so, dass automatischen trennen der songs nicht funktionieren kann. Der wechsel in der EIT kommt zu spät uns scheint nich synchronisiert zu sein (absicht ;) ). da bliebe nur der weg, alles aufzunehmen und dann hinterher mit einen wav-editor versuchen zu trennen und mittles der mitgespeicherten liste zu benennen.. nein danke ;)

oops, again wrong language :( I said, that cutting the songs automatically is impossible cos the title change is not synchronized with the end of the songs..

..maybe just an idea.. what about saving only the titles as a txt file? Or even better, TS-recording of several channels simultaneously + EIT and getting the titles afterwards? ;)

Hmm, the idea with an automatically EPG text of the song names for cutting the complete recordet mp3 stream is realy good. And mp3cut is a really fast tool for such things.

Steffen

Cutting the whole thing automatically and accurately has to be done in the following way:

- Let the DVBViewer log all XTRA EPG changes with time stamps

- Let the Audio Recorder log all occurrences of silent parts (parts below a certain level and above a certain length) in the PCM audio stream.

- Write a program that compares these two logs, parses the recorded mp3 file, seeks the parts which are likely to be pauses, cuts it there and renames the fragments according to the EPG log. Since each mp3 frame has a definite length (time & size), and cutting between frames at a "No Sound" point doesn't create any distortions, this would be possible...

But all this effort for one month of free XTRA music? I know better ways of waisting time... :(

Griga

But is there a way to log the complete EPG text? The problem of cutting the mp3 stream after one hour is the knowledge of artist an titel of the song.

Steffen

But is there a way to log the complete EPG text?

Yes, there is - from now on :( However, there is one unsolved problem: The way the DVBViewer passes the EPG data to plugins does not follow the Borland (Delphi) recommendations (For everybody who knows: A record with delphi strings is passed as a parameter to the DLL). It may cause access violations, memory leaks and other nice things.

I tried to work around this problem a bit, and on my PC it seems to work now. But I can't guarantee that it will work on yours. So be a bit careful with it!

So, here it is: The EPG Logger Plugin (DVBViewer full version only). Have a look at the attached screenshot, and you'll see...

Put the DLL file in the DVBViewer\Plugins folder. You can do the following:

- Check the "Log EPG" box, and the plugin will start logging. Uncheck it, and it will stop.

- By checking/unchecking the other three options you may select what is logged: channel name, title and/or info.

- Click the Save Button, and the logged data will be written to the DVBViewer folder as "EPG Date-Time.log" - or simply copy and paste the text to an editor.

I'll attach the ZIP with the plugin-DLL to the following posting. It contains three additional files: The Delphi 6 source code - for all programmers who want to know how it's done. You don't need these files, if you only want to use the plugin.

Griga

P.S. Please note: It's just a quickly hacked little tool. Don't expect too much...

Zwischenablage01.png

I've got it working somehow, but the XTRA EPG data containing the song title and the artist sometimes arrive too late - some seconds after the beginning of the next song, so the cut isn't executed in time.

What about a timeshift for say 5 sec. of the audio and than cut at the next silent place? Perhaps you can realize the timeshift in memory by a circular buffer (ca. 150 KB?).

erwin

So, here it is: The EPG Logger Plugin (DVBViewer full version only). Have a look at the attached screenshot, and you'll see...

It would be usefull to add information of the time-offset from the beginning of logging, so you have a correspondence to the playing mp2.

erwin

What about a timeshift for say 5 sec. of the audio and than cut at the next silent place? Perhaps you can realize the timeshift in memory by a circular buffer (ca. 150 KB?).

Possible, but a whole lot of work. As I said - one month of free Xtra Music isn't worth the trouble.

It would be usefull to add information of the time-offset from the beginning of logging, so you have a correspondence to the playing mp2.

That's true - I'll look after it tonight.

Griga

OK - I've updated the EPGLogger plugin.

According to erwin's request, it now displays the time offset from the beginning of the logging:

*** New log started at 14.11.2003 16:05:26

00:00:54

Rock n Roll Oldies

Xtra Music

Song: Reach Out I'll Be There Artist: Four Tops Album: Four Tops Reach Out Comp: Holland/Dozier/Holland

00:05:21

Rock n Roll Oldies

Xtra Music

Song: Ode To Billie Joe Artist: Bobbie Gentry Album: Ode To Billie Joe

Furthermore I've added a Clear Button, that deletes the whole text (only available if the Log EPG Box is unchecked).

The download link is the same (see above).

Unfortunately the Xtra EPG doesn't seem to be very reliable. When I tested V 1.1, Classic Rock was broadcasted with the wrong EPG (another channel), and Blues with no EPG at all :(

Griga

Thanks Griga for fast work !

Knows anybody other radio stations which use this kind of EPG - song- feature?

Steffen

@Klausing, afair MCE has a similar system in the original downlink on 28E. But services are of course encrypted :(

@Griga, would it be very difficult to get the titles by offline parsing the EIT from the ts-stream? All you'll need is the SID, TSID, ONID to filter the infos ;)

would it be very difficult to get the titles by offline parsing the EIT from the ts-stream?

Well, I know the DVBViewer's EIT parser code... most horrible thing I've ever seen. I really hope I'll never have to code something like that. I think it's one of Christian's greatest deeds that he got it working for almost all DVB channels.

Parsing the EIT of just *one* transponder may be easier, but as mentioned above...

Griga

• 2 weeks later...

I need a little help - The EPG Logger wan't log any data at Xtra-Music.

I thingh, the problem is DVBViewer itself:

- When I select ShowEPG, I see an emty Window (No Data).

- When I select the Big EPG-Window, there I get all the data.

But at other Station, like RTL or ZDF the "ShowEPG" works fine.

Somebody an Idea, why only at Xtra not working / no Data??

cu, Kaba