I cannot get all Australian free-to-air channels with DVBViewer

PeterausMelbourne

Hello All,

I am using DBViewer version 3.9.2.0 on Windows Vista.

I am using a Medion Express Card DVB-T TV Tuner.

I am unable to get channel 9 or SBS(Which is my favorite).

I have been able to get all the free-to-air channels by using Media Centre (But I dont like Media Centre) as well as a couple of other programs so I don't think it is the TV tuner.

DVBViewer is the only program where I have been able to record subtitles.

So I need some advice on where I am going wrong.

Thank you.

Edited by PeterausMelbourne

maybe the transponder list is not up to date.

you could try scanning with transedit (in the membersarea). This tool can update the transponder lists if you use the NIT scanning.

Hello All,

I am using DBViewer version 3.9.2.0 on Windows Vista.

I am using a Medion Express Card DVB-T TV Tuner.

I am unable to get channel 9 or SBS(Which is my favorite).

I have been able to get all the free-to-air channels by using Media Centre (But I dont like Media Centre) as well as a couple of other programs so I don't think it is the TV tuner.

DVBViewer is the only program where I have been able to record subtitles.

So I need some advice on where I am going wrong.

Thank you.

Hi,

I just had exactly the same problem.

Fix is thusly.

edit australia.ini which lives in c:\program files\DVBViewer\transponders

Change lines 5 and 6 (or whatever numbers you want, prob higher)

5=191625,7

6=536625,7

Stop and start DVBViewer, rescan channels, and you'll see them.

Took me a few hours till I stumbled on this.

Hi,

I just had exactly the same problem.

Fix is thusly.

5=191625,7

6=536625,7

Hi Kuni.

Thank you for that. That fixed the problem.

Well done in finding it.

Cheers :(

Peter

Well it would be nice if someone would be so kind and post a working Transponder.ini for australia dvb-t here, so we can integrate it into the next release.

Well it would be nice if someone would be so kind and post a working Transponder.ini for australia dvb-t here, so we can integrate it into the next release.

I'd love to , but I can only help with the Melbourne side of things...

• 1 month later...
I'd love to , but I can only help with the Melbourne side of things...

Hi All,

I appear to have the same problem, and can't scan for Channel 9 in Melbourne, although I do get SBS. I am also based in Melbourne, and am using an MSI Digivox USB 2.0 tuner, which I think is a Twinham unit isn't it?

Unfortunately, I didn't have much success applying the change that Kuni suggested. I was wondering whether anyone could post the full corrected (for Melbourne) Australia.ini file here for me to use...

Cheers,

Trevor

That may be the problem. DVBViewer does not necessarily use this file, but a copy in Configuration Folder\Transponders (depends on the user mode). Click About -> Configuration Folder in DVBViewer to find it. The file must be modified there.

Apart from that, I strongly recommend TransEdit as transponderlist editor (see members area). TransEdit, provided it is correctly installed, knows where the DVBViewer transponder lists are stored, facilitates editing them in a "professional" way, allows to check modifications immediately with the built-in scanner, and a lot more...

• 1 month later...

People looking for the list of Australian station frequency's

http://www.acma.gov.au/WEB/STANDARD/pc=PC_9150

http://www.acma.gov.au/webwr/_assets/main/...nic_edition.pdf

Always try transedit first and do a full scann EG 46Mhz to 850Mhz

Yes that includes analogue .

Then save the results .

If that does not help then try editing you transponder list in the ini file

as per the previous posts.

:(

• 1 month later...
People looking for the list of Australian station frequency's

If that does not help then try editing you transponder list in the ini file

as per the previous posts.

:biggrin:

Hello

I live in Sydney North. I can tune channel 10 and ABC with set top box but cannot receive those with DVBViewer. Try all above methods but no help. Would anyone receive these channels please let me know settings of the transponder list in the ini file? Would kuni have any idea for the settings of these channels in Melbourne? Please let me know. I could try to see if the settings is the same or if that settings work. Thanks

Hello

I live in Sydney North. I can tune channel 10 and ABC with set top box but cannot receive those with DVBViewer. Try all above methods but no help. Would anyone receive these channels please let me know settings of the transponder list in the ini file? Would kuni have any idea for the settings of these channels in Melbourne? Please let me know. I could try to see if the settings is the same or if that settings work. Thanks

Hi,

I can pretty much be sure that the settings WON'T work from Melbourne, but I'll give them to you in about 2 hours when I get home, if I stay sober enough to remember. :biggrin:

Ultimately someone in Sydney with a working .ini should be able to assist, have you used TransEdit? It's a bit daunting for new players but incredibly helpful.

Hi,

I can pretty much be sure that the settings WON'T work from Melbourne, but I'll give them to you in about 2 hours when I get home, if I stay sober enough to remember. :biggrin:

Ultimately someone in Sydney with a working .ini should be able to assist, have you used TransEdit? It's a bit daunting for new players but incredibly helpful.

Hello

Thanks for your help. I just wish to compare with my current settings. I did use Transedit but it only scan those existing channels in its transponder. Didn't seem this one could make changes on its own.

Haven't yet seen anyone in this forum coming from Sydney using Twinhan. Either it is so perfect or no one here use this brand name. I bought it from Victoria. Thanks

• 3 months later...

Did anyone ever post an updated Australia.ini for DVBViewer?

Cheers :)

Hi, I just thought I'd share some information for Brisbane, Australia user reference.

I found the info I was looking for on another DTV forum: DTV Forum Australia - post #2.

Brisbane frequencies

ABC 226.500 | Bandwidth 7mhz

Seven 177.500 | Bandwidth 7mhz

Nine 191.625 | Bandwidth 7mhz

Ten 219.500 | Bandwidth 7mhz

SBS 585.625 | Bandwidth 7mhz

Note SBS and Nine are '.625' most software have '.500'

I edited my Australia.ini and attached it to this post for anyone else having problems scanning for channels Nine and SBS in Brisbane. (Remember to back up your original file in case you have any problems.)

Transponders_Australia.zip

Edited by avoidz
  • 2 weeks later...

Kuni,

Many thanks - your advice below, it solved my problem (where the original scan would show all channels except for the three Channel 9 ones).

For others reading, I'm based in Sydney (Inner West). Today is the fist day I've used DVBViewer, so I actually have no idea why this fix worked, but I look forward to sending many posts on my HTPC setup progress in the relevant forums.

Fix is thusly.

5=191625,7

6=536625,7

Cheers,

Andrew

• 4 months later...
I'm in Melbourne and I still seem to be having trouble getting SBS. Can't scan the channel at all. Anyone else manage to?

You'll need the power of TRANSEDIT http://www.DVBViewer.com/members/download.php?id=965

This allows smaller increments when scanning of channels. I think DVBViewer by default scans in blocks of (and I'll pull this number out my arse) 50, and if SBS is at say 55 it doesn't get picked up.

Transedit allows much finer granularity and when you've locked on to the correct one you can save the info.

Excuse my vagueness I used it ONCE a couple of years ago, but I'm now in the same boat as you and need to do a fresh install and be able to pick up SBS.

So if you don't work it out, I will in the next couple of days and post what I did.

You'll need the power of TRANSEDIT http://www.DVBViewer.com/members/download.php?id=965

This allows smaller increments when scanning of channels. I think DVBViewer by default scans in blocks of (and I'll pull this number out my arse) 50, and if SBS is at say 55 it doesn't get picked up.

Transedit allows much finer granularity and when you've locked on to the correct one you can save the info.

Excuse my vagueness I used it ONCE a couple of years ago, but I'm now in the same boat as you and need to do a fresh install and be able to pick up SBS.

So if you don't work it out, I will in the next couple of days and post what I did.

Excellent...just tried a scan with Transedit. First go didn't pick up SBS but next go did!

Having used FusionHDTV for so long, this blows it out of the water I have to say.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hello ALl

I have upgraded to dbviewer version 4.2.1.0 and WIndows 7

But I cant get Channel 9 in Melbourne. I have tried all of the suggestions here, but maybe they dont work any more.

Can someone please help. If Kuni is still out there please help.

Regards

PeterAusMelbourne

I only want channel 9 so I can see Go!