Scan HD-channels on Thor

Danton

Hello

I have a floppy DTV-S2 card an DVBViewer pro 3.9.2.0. When I scan Thor all channels come in fine except the HD-channels like C+ Film HD C+ Sport HD, Discovery HD... I have 4 lnb for Thor, Sirius, Hotbird and Astra. I choose OptoA/A when I scan Thor and opto A/B for Sirius...

All the HD-channels comes in fine when I scan my vantage 7100 (Stationär HDTV-reciever)

I dont know what Im doing wrong in DVBViewer Pro. Some helpful tips maybe?

Mvh/Danton

..if only hdtv is concerned, it can't be solved by different diseqc settings :bye:

The floppydtv needs special settings for dvb-s2 transponders. Try to scan in transedit with/without pilot symbols.

Thanks for the tips but it dont solve the problem.

Its only the HD-channels that dont come in. I tried transedit, dowloaded Joshyfun transponder list for Thor and open it in transedit. Choosed a dvb-s2 channel and "scanned selected". No channel found (with/without pilot symbols). The s2-shannels i transedit have blue fonts.

I am a little disapponted that DVBViewer dont see the s2-channels directly. Just bought it for HD-channels viewing. Please give me more tips. I am very grateful.

Mvh/Danton

FloppyDTV-S2 and FireDTV-S2 are a pain in the neck when it comes to tuning of DVB-S2 transponders. All parameters have to be set exactly, whereas other cards like TT only need the symbolrate. Joshifun's lists need editing. For the transponders in question you have to check 8PSK and not auto !

Joshi:

22=11341,V,25000,23,S2

Transedit with 8psk (Idon#t need pilotsymbols, that you'll have to configure yourself)

10=11341,V,25000,23,14,1,|09.23: Telenor

Thanks again.

Yes i tried scan sd channels with transedit and it worked. But no HD-channels.

The only H.264 channel I get is Kanal 5 HD and that I cant see-have no card for that. Only swedish hd-channels have I payed for.

I am not sure how I put 10=11341,V,25000,23,14,1,|09.23: Telenor in Joshis ini for Thor. Can you explain a little bit more. Just beginning to learn Transedit. I have trie but not sucessfull.

Mvh/Danton

The transponder data are just informativ to show you, that you have to fill in all parameters in transedit including pilot symbols for a successful dvb-s2_scan with your floppydtv.

Hello

I have a floppy DTV-S2 card an DVBViewer pro 3.9.2.0. When I scan Thor all channels come in fine except the HD-channels like C+ Film HD C+ Sport HD, Discovery HD... I have 4 lnb for Thor, Sirius, Hotbird and Astra. I choose OptoA/A when I scan Thor and opto A/B for Sirius...

All the HD-channels comes in fine when I scan my vantage 7100 (Stationär HDTV-reciever)

I dont know what Im doing wrong in DVBViewer Pro. Some helpful tips maybe?

Mvh/Danton

It seems that a lot of people have solved there problem but not me. First I still cant find the HD channels on Thor and when trying to change from 2/3 to 4/3 the vista HTPC hang up totally. Have to switch of on the backside even and that has never happen before on any computer of mine. Anybody has a clue????

You have to give more information..

Here's a transponder.ini which worked for me. The fec of the dvb-s2 transponders has beeen corrected (2/3 -> 3/4). Again, I don't have a firedtv-s2. My card does everything automatically. It still will work without or wrong fec settings -_-

You have to give more information..

Here's a transponder.ini which worked for me. The fec of the dvb-s2 transponders has beeen corrected (2/3 -> 3/4). Again, I don't have a firedtv-s2. My card does everything automatically. It still will work without or wrong fec settings -_-

I tried that but it didnt find the HD channels either. Have a HTPC with firedtv s2 and DVB 3.9.2 Swedish Canal digital packet and all 6 HDchannels

Maybe it could be a problem with my T-rex 4.6 cam??? now when they changed? Will try newer software for cam

If you scan you can see the result.

I have scanned 100 times now and still there is no HD channels . Doesnt matter if I use dvbscan or transedit scan

You only change FEC to 3/4 in chaneledit in DVBViewer on The HD chanels. When you done that the HD chanels works. -_-

When doing that the whole computer hang. Have to pull the 220 volt cable !! to start it over again

You only change FEC to 3/4 in chaneledit in DVBViewer on The HD chanels. When you done that the HD chanels works. :blush:

Thank you very much, I had the same problem and that small change worked fine, now I can see all the HD Channels

It all worked fine before Canal Digital moved their HD channels to Thor 5.

When i do a new channel scan now it won't detect any HD channels. So how can i change the FEC to 3/4 when i dont't find the HD channels anymore?

I have HVR-4000 and DVBViewer 3.9.2.0

It all worked fine before Canal Digital moved their HD channels to Thor 5.

When i do a new channel scan now it won't detect any HD channels. So how can i change the FEC to 3/4 when i dont't find the HD channels anymore?

I have HVR-4000 and DVBViewer 3.9.2.0

Same here and i also have a Hauppagge 4000 card but i dont use it. I use Firedbv S2 instead but maybe it could have to do something with the shitcard 4000 ????