FloppyDTV & DVB Viewer

erosoft

Hi to everybody, i'm encountering some weird trouble.

I have the FloppyDTV DVB-S2 on my Vista Media Center and i'm not Able to Search any Channel because

the Software DVBViewer 3.9 can't find the Device.

I installed the Software included on the Driver CD of Digital Everywhere, and i have the same problem when installing the FireDTV

software.

This is because i tried the DVBViewer with no results.

Note: I'm sure that everthing is connected properly because on my several testing, using the Vista Media Center Software

it works and i found the channels.

It seems tha i have some driver problem...

How can i solve it ?

Thanks alot for you patience.

Eros Montalbano

don't use the MCE Driver, use the BDA drivers from FireDTV.

Thanks for your quick reply. I just used all kind of installation...

I tried to install BDA Drivers, but FireDTV can't find the Hardware if i select Satellite instead of Terrestrial.

When i set Terrestrial on the Hardware Option and click on Scan frequencies it start to scan

and on the bottom of the window "device" appear "FloppyDTV DVB-S..."

If i set on Hardware Option to Satellite and Click on Scan Freq. a message appear and say

"Device not found".

I hope don't have an Hardware conflict between my MB Chipset and my PCI Host IEEE1394.

The Fact is the Media Center with MCE installation Driver work properly.

Thank again for your Interest.

You use the MCE patch or driver, MCE needs a mappig to dvb-t, this is sick. If you have the dvb-s version please use the normal drivers not the poor solution for MCE. read the installing manual of the driver.

You use the MCE patch or driver, MCE needs a mappig to dvb-t, this is sick. If you have the dvb-s version please use the normal drivers not the poor solution for MCE. read the installing manual of the driver.

Thanks, i solved the problem, i tried on a Brandnew Vista installation and it works.

Bye bye

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for your quick reply. I just used all kind of installation...

I tried to install BDA Drivers, but FireDTV can't find the Hardware if i select Satellite instead of Terrestrial.

When i set Terrestrial on the Hardware Option and click on Scan frequencies it start to scan

and on the bottom of the window "device" appear "FloppyDTV DVB-S..."

If i set on Hardware Option to Satellite and Click on Scan Freq. a message appear and say

"Device not found".

I hope don't have an Hardware conflict between my MB Chipset and my PCI Host IEEE1394.

The Fact is the Media Center with MCE installation Driver work properly.

Thank again for your Interest.

When you switch from one type of the floppyDTV drivers to another (MCE<->BDA), you must restart your system. If you don't do that, DVBViewer, Mediaportal etc etc, will not find the correct hardware.

++

When you switch from one type of the floppyDTV drivers to another (MCE<->BDA), you must restart your system. If you don't do that, DVBViewer, Mediaportal etc etc, will not find the correct hardware.

++

Thanks, now i understand...