Start of ITV HD

Derrick

Attached an INI file for importing ITV HD in the DVBViewer channellist. Adjust DiSEqC and channel group to your settings, if necessary.

In DVBViewer GE channel auto update must be switched off, otherwise the video type will be changed to MPEG2. Or set the Service ID to 0, in order to prevent DVBViewer GE from finding the PMT.

ITV_HD.ini

P.S. For recording ITV HD the Service ID and PMT Pid must be set to 0 in the channellist (both in DVBViewer GE and DVBViewer Pro), in order to prevent DVBViewer from including the PMT (Program Map Table).

Otherwise the file will be played without video, since the video stream appears as private stream in the PMT, thus deceiving the file analysis. Without PMT, DVBViewer finds (and accepts) the video stream in the file. Other players most likely won't.

Cool, so kann's weiter gehen mit den neuen HD-Sendern.

Weiß schon jemand, ob die Briten die EM in HD bringen (bzw. überhaupt bringen ^^)?

@reis: It is unpolite to continue a thread in German that has been started in English, because it excludes users from other countries who are interested in this topic.

Transedit seems a little confused. 0x0d49 is indicated as video by the analyzer but the table (PMT) is not found.

Transedit seems a little confused.

You seem a little confused :original: In TransEdit 3.2 everything is ok and as expected. The PMT is found, but the video stream not identified as such, since it is not flagged as video stream in the PMT, but as Private PES. However, TransEdit detects it as unspecified video (displayed in the PID list), by examining the PES start codes. The service name of ITV HD is "10510" according to the SDT.

Zwischenablage01.png

@reis: It is unpolite to continue a thread in German that has been started in English, because it excludes users from other countries who are interested in this topic.

Oops. Must have been late last night. Sorry for that! I didn't even realize it!

So, who knows whether the European championship will be broadcast on BBC HD or ITV HD?

Edited by reis

Many thanks for the very useful info in this thread ..

ITV Picture and sound just fine on my s2-3200 card ...

I guess its just a question of waiting for the rolling demo to be replaced with some actual programming..

..and using the s2 card avoids having to splash out £150 on a dedicated box..

:original:

Just out of curiosity ..can the stream be processed on a standard SS2 card .. ?

..or does this card lack the neccessary hardware ?

rgds

VS

Since like BBC HD and Luxe TV HD it's not a DVB-S2 channel, the Skystar 2 does not have problems in processing them.

I just tried it with mine!

Since like BBC HD and Luxe TV HD it's not a DVB-S2 channel, the Skystar 2 does not have problems in processing them.

I just tried it with mine!

Thanks for that ...I assumed that might be the case ...

..but Im only getting sound with the ss2 card ..

no probs at all with the s2-3200 card..

I guess it must be a problem with codecs or graphs..

I'll keep trying ..

rgds

Excellent. Many thanks of the ini file.

I'm now watching the Gurkin!

Did'nt think it would be that easy.

Great work. Rgds Andy

Hauppauge Nova S

Cyberlink PowerDVD 7.3

ATI 2400XT

CPU E6600 circa 30%

I see what you mean. Your report was too sparing of words :original:

When iterating through the tree, TransEdit checks the PID and the stream type, which doesn't match in this case. I'm sure I had a reason for doing it this way, but I can't remember it now...

I'm sure I had a reason for doing it this way, but I can't remember it now...

Now I can :original: If the stream type is ignored, TransEdit would find PCR entries resp. the PCR PID in the PMT at first, if the PCR is contained in the Video/Audio stream.

Now I can :original: If the stream type is ignored, TransEdit would find PCR entries resp. the PCR PID in the PMT at first, if the PCR is contained in the Video/Audio stream.

how do i get itv hd in DVBViewer pro? anyone fancy helping me please

Have you already read the post#2 and #3 of this very tread??? :bye:

What you mention in you post is a technical question regarding only TransEdit and it's particular way to behave in some particular situation... :original:

;)

Edited by Gioxy
how do i get itv hd in DVBViewer pro? anyone fancy helping me please

I too cannot seem to get it working.

I am using a TT S2-3200, and a Hauppauge Nova-HD-S2, and this morning when I tested it, I got an annoying beep sound, even though I tried by importing the INI file.

The screen remained black.

I am using the latest beta version of DVBViewer Pro, but with DVBDream the results seem to be exactly the same, so I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Or is it simply a matter that the demo movie is not broadcast 24/7 ?

I too cannot seem to get it working.

I am using a TT S2-3200, and a Hauppauge Nova-HD-S2, and this morning when I tested it, I got an annoying beep sound, even though I tried by importing the INI file.

The screen remained black.

I am using the latest beta version of DVBViewer Pro, but with DVBDream the results seem to be exactly the same, so I wonder what I am doing wrong.

Or is it simply a matter that the demo movie is not broadcast 24/7 ?

I have a TT S2-3200 too. Loaded the itv.ini file & got a coloured background & a tone (on Friday). May be they have stopped the demo?

I have a TT S2-3200 too. Loaded the itv.ini file & got a coloured background & a tone (on Friday). May be they have stopped the demo?

I have managed to get it working.

The problem was with codecs !

Everything stutters though, so I am now reinstalling Windows, hope this will give me a stable system again :)

Hi Griga

I was going to ask the same question about getting ITV HD but you have answered it (Not quite sure how to do it yet) about the .ini file , will work out later.

I have core AVC H.264 and Technotrend Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder that comes with the Cards Tuner, in fact I am using all their Decoders.

MPEG Video Decoder: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder(Technotrend).

H.264 Video Decoder: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder(Technotrend).

AC3 Audio Decoder: Cyberlink Audio Decoder(Technotrend).

I have been receiving ITV HD for some time but had great difficulty receiving it, I re-installed Vista as I thought that there was a codec problem but I have cured it in a very unusual way

After a lot of trials.

Open Prog DVB and find the channel that will be in the audio section.

Start Technotrend S2-3200 with ProgDVB.

Get audio through only.

Shutdown ProgDVB.

Start DVBViewer and I then get sound and vision and can record as a .ts file no problem, but if I change channel I have to go through this again.

Not the best way so will be using your ini file.

Many thanks.

beachcomber

My Computer Spec:

Motherboard: Asus P5K socket 775

CPU Intel Core Duo E8200 1333FSB running at 3840.2 MHz.

CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS7500 110 MM Fan

DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203

2 Seagate 250GB SATA2 HHD

Memory Crucial Balistik PC2-6400 2 GB Kit

Graphics Card Sapphire Radeon HD3850 Pro PCI Express

Technotrend S2-3200 DVBS2 Card. Driver 5.0.0.12

Avermedia Hybrid Terrestrial Card.

Operating Software Windows Vista Service Pack 1.

post-9995-1210951955_thumb.jpg

post-9995-1210952375_thumb.jpg

Attached an INI file for importing ITV HD in the DVBViewer channellist. Adjust DiSEqC and channel group to your settings, if necessary.

In DVBViewer GE channel auto update must be switched off, otherwise the video type will be changed to MPEG2. Or set the Service ID to 0, in order to prevent DVBViewer GE from finding the PMT.

its working for me now. thank you.

Attached an INI file for importing ITV HD in the DVBViewer channellist.
When I click to download this 'INI file' I get 'index.php'.

If someone please could please explain how I use this to get ITV-HD, I would be most grateful.

I installed DVBViewer just today, so please be gentle with me. :bounce:

Thanks!

johnny

When I click to download this 'INI file' I get 'index.php'.

I had the same problem some time ago. It's gone since I've changed the security settings in my browser (just for this forum, IE). Dunno which one did the trick.

Here's the content of the file. Copy it to a text editor, save it as .ini file, and import it in DVBViewer (Channel -> Channel Editor -> according tool button at the bottom).

[Channel0]
TunerType=1
Frequency=11428
Polarity=h
Symbolrate=27500
FEC=1
APID=3402
Language=eng
VPID=3401
PMTPID=3400
PCRPID=3401
AC3=17
TelePID=0
SID=10510
StreamID=2315
NetworkID=2
LNB-Selection=0
LNB=9750
DiseqC=6
Root=Astra 28° E
Name=ITV HD
Category=BSkyB
Encrypted=26
SatModulation=0
Group=1
AudioChannel=0

Hi Griga,

Imported .ini file this morning. Do not have any problem now starting ITV HD when channel changing.

Many thanks,

beachcomber.

• 2 weeks later...
Eurobird 1 , 11.428 GHz horizontal, symbol rate of 27500

SID 10510

PMT =3400

Vpid=3401, H.264

Apid=3402, AC3

You have to bend the video_stream_type to 0x1b :)

http://forum.dxtv.de/wbb/thread.php?postid=98340#post98340

I have imported the ITV HD ini, but cant get a picture. I have BBC HD working fine but just cant get ITV HD working. As i say i imported the ITV hd settings and they all check out OK but no picture. Sound is working fine.

Hi beachcomber !

First of all sorry for private message! I have read your post and I saw that you are using the H.264 Video Decoder: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder(Technotrend). I was wondering, if it is not too much trouble for you, if you can send me the link where I can get it also, or if such a link doesn't exist if you could attach it in a private message and send it to me.

I am currently using AltDvb and CORE AVC for mpeg video decoding. Using these two my computer's CPU usage is around 80%. I had the Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder(Technotrend) and used it before but I lost it. When I was using it my CPU usage was around 20-30% and I am currently trying to get it down to that level.

I would appreciate your help in this matter,

Hi Griga

I was going to ask the same question about getting ITV HD but you have answered it (Not quite sure how to do it yet) about the .ini file , will work out later.

I have core AVC H.264 and Technotrend Cyberlink H.264/AVC decoder that comes with the Cards Tuner, in fact I am using all their Decoders.

MPEG Video Decoder: Cyberlink Video/SP Decoder(Technotrend).

H.264 Video Decoder: Cyberlink H.264/AVC Decoder(Technotrend).

AC3 Audio Decoder: Cyberlink Audio Decoder(Technotrend).

I have been receiving ITV HD for some time but had great difficulty receiving it, I re-installed Vista as I thought that there was a codec problem but I have cured it in a very unusual way

After a lot of trials.

Open Prog DVB and find the channel that will be in the audio section.

Start Technotrend S2-3200 with ProgDVB.

Get audio through only.

Shutdown ProgDVB.

Start DVBViewer and I then get sound and vision and can record as a .ts file no problem, but if I change channel I have to go through this again.

Not the best way so will be using your ini file.

Many thanks.

beachcomber

My Computer Spec:

Motherboard: Asus P5K socket 775

CPU Intel Core Duo E8200 1333FSB running at 3840.2 MHz.

CPU Cooler Zalman CNPS7500 110 MM Fan

DVD Burner Samsung SH-S203

2 Seagate 250GB SATA2 HHD

Memory Crucial Balistik PC2-6400 2 GB Kit

Graphics Card Sapphire Radeon HD3850 Pro PCI Express

Technotrend S2-3200 DVBS2 Card. Driver 5.0.0.12

Avermedia Hybrid Terrestrial Card.

Operating Software Windows Vista Service Pack 1.

DVBViewer GE 2.5.0 is now available in the members area. When recording ITV HD as TS, the new version patches the stream type of the H.264 video stream in the PMT (Program Map Table), so that the file can be played and processed by DVBViewer and other software. Special measures that prevent DVBViewer GE from recording the PMT with the wrong streamtype (setting the Service ID and the PMT PID to 0) are not necessary anymore.

DVBViewer GE can coexist with other DVBViewer installations (particularly DVBViewer Pro), as long as they are not mixed up in a single folder. So there is no need to uninstall them. For an English user interface remove the file Deutsch.lng from DVBViewer GE\Language, and read the ReadMe!. ITV HD is already included in the updated DVB-S default channellist (Astra/Eurobird 28.2°E -> Video -> BSkyB).

• 1 year later...
ITV HD just started it's 1st regular transmission. Todays 2nd match will be shown on ITV HD :biggrin:

hi all cant seem to get anyware with itvhd imported the ini file and it wont pick up anything not even sound using powerdvd 9 for all codecs and no probs with bbc hd also using floppydtv s2 i pasted the ini file to the transponder folder could someone please help

• 2 weeks later...