help no ch list

joshavin

What happens if you click on channel --> channellist?

Have a look in the setup.ini Maybe there is a entry like

[frmChannellist]

X=0

Y=0

than make a change like

[frmChannellist]

X=100

Y=100

and you will see the channellist.

Steffen

X = 0, Y = 0 should be OK anyway, because it places the window's upper left corner at the screen's (or DVBViewer's) upper left corner. However, values like X = 1100 and Y = 800 on a 1024 x 768 screen will make the channellist window disappear.

Griga

What happens if you click on channel --> channellist?

Have a look in the setup.ini Maybe there is a entry like

[frmChannellist]

X=0

Y=0

than make a change like

[frmChannellist]

X=100

Y=100

and you will see the channellist.

Steffen

i tried it is not working

X = 0, Y = 0 should be OK anyway, because it places the window's upper left corner at the screen's  (or DVBViewer's) upper left corner. However, values like X = 1100 and Y = 800 on a 1024 x 768 screen will make the channellist window disappear.

Griga

hi

thank you for your help but i used 480 on 640

and idont get the ch list ichange on the noteped

but nothing i am going banna

thanks josh

and idont get the ch list ichange on the noteped

Sorry, I don't understand what kind of problem you encounter.

Open the Setup.ini with NotePad (that's the Windows Text Editor). Rightclick the file and try "Open with", if it doesn't happen automatically. Or launch NotePad and select "Any File" as file type before you load the Setup.ini into the Editor. Then change the two lines to X=0 and Y=0. Save the file and relaunch the DVBViewer.

Griga

@Griga: its important that the viewer is closed if he make this changes. Otherwise the Viewer overwrite the changes on closing the program.

@joshavin: Close the viewer, change the setup.ini and reopen the viewer

and please post your setup.ini as attachement.

Steffen

Hi,

Josh is facing now some PC problems, what we found that after changing the X & Y values to 0 or to 100(DVBViewer is closed) > saving > checking once again that the new values are present > lunching again DVBViewer > and NO :rolleyes: channellist.

Closing DVBViewer > going to setup.ini and the odd thing is that the original values are back ;)

Josh will post his setup.ini later today.

Rittberg

Or delete the setup.ini ! This will reset the DVBViewer options and normaly he should see the channellist.

thank you for your help but i used 480 on 640

That may cause the trouble. Is Josh really using a screen resolution of 640x480? Why?

The channellist window is more than 480 pixels high by default. That means, it doesn't fit anyway. I suppose, the DVBViewer checks wether the complete window can be displayed with the values from the setup.ini. If it doesn't, it switches to default values (but doesn't check those ;) ).

I just tried to set X=0, Y=0, and here it works - the window appears in the upper left corner. So I strongly recommend to use another screen resolution, if possible - or additionally try to change the window's height in the setup.ini, e.g. to H=450;

lunching again DVBViewer
:rolleyes: Enjoy your meal!

Griga

Hi,

>Is Josh really using a screen resolution of 640x480? Why?< He is using a HTPC with the Radeon 9700Pro > DVI output > DVI to component adapter > RPTV (oldish) as a display.

lunching = Enjoy your meal! - Griga, I love it :rolleyes:

Rittberg

It would be nice if you only post the picture with the error message and not the complete screen. And your first picture is not complete.

And please more informations! Which driver version? Do you get this message on all tv station???

When you get this message? Is TV4PC running? Had you errors during installation? Have you made a channelscan? Had you deleted all old drivers and directorys before you reinstalled the driver? .................................