Weather stopped working ?

Is it just me, or has the OSD weather stopped working ?

For couple of days I have been getting the message "Error getting the weather data" when trying to use OSD weather display. Radar Image displays fine. I also tried few other cities, but result is the same.

Same behaviour here, with both the (old) last DVBViewer version and the actual beta...

IMHO something was changing at Weather.com...

:original:

edit:

BTW, despite I'm using Italian as UI language, the message is exacly the same reported above, i.e. isn't translated (it doesn't have an entry in the language files...)

Edited by Gioxy

Yes weather.com changed their license agreement. We are currently working on it and the next (beta) version will work again. The current beta and the 3.9.2.0 will not receive weather anymore.

• 2 months later...

<BUMP>

It still doesn't work with V3.9.4.0, did it get forgotten about? o:)

Also where do you find the radar images?

• 3 years later...

I found this source of weather data at World Weather Online

http://www.worldweatheronline.com/free-weather-feed.aspx

Google Weather couldn't supply data for New Zealand's capital city, Wellington, today, whereas World Weather Online had a detailed list of weather parameters for the small town where I live (about 10,000 population).

Seems to be a more complete collection of global towns and cities than Google Weather.

Tim

New Zealand

Hi, all i can say is that the new weather data runs fine with every station i've tested. As you might know weather.com changed it's license and even if we just offered weather data as "bourmeaut" it would cost us ~350 USD monthly to use their service - so we changed the provider to a free one. The bad news is that this free service just offers humidity, hi/lo and felt weather for today and 7 day (not night) forecast. The rest of the content is calculated (dew point, sunrise,sundown, uv value etc.). One of the "advantages" of this weather.com issue is that i found time to study weather related models and forecast techniques. It seem to be that all data providers cook with lukewarm water...

weather.png

Christian

PS: Before you ask why sunrise/sunset has such a strange behaviour: I use the local system time for calculation.

I checked Google Weather for Wellington and some local towns in New Zealand and it seems to be working fine today. Must have just been a glitch when I tried it yesterday (or perhaps a browser glitch).

The question is, does the the luke warm water find its way into global warming models?

Tim

New Zealand

Hi,

is there a planned date for releasing the new weather module within DVBV 4.9 or do we have to wait till DVBV 5.0 will be relaesed?

Would be nice to have the weather feature up and running again.

Kind regards

hoto44

• 1 year later...

The OSD Weather seems to be out in DVBV V5.1.0.0

I have DVBV on two different PCs and neither can get weather data, also cannot search and add new cities.

The network is running fine, no problem with internet

First i thought there might be a problem with the data source but it luckily runs fine here. I tested this with several cities (incl. Wellington).

Christian

I checked it again today and it was working on one PC and not the other. Re-installed DVBV on the second PC and now it works fine. Don't know why the first PC's weather was not working yesterday. Perhaps the service was temporarily down. I'm pleased to say both are now working correctly.

• 3 weeks later...

Unfortunately, my weather data has also stopped working. Was fine for a few days after reinstalling DVBViewer, but now all I get is the weather data error message. I'm on Windows 8 32bit. Could my firewall or W8 be blocking access? This didn't seem to occur much in Windows 7.

What program.exe, protocol and port number is used to grab the weather data?

Thanks,

Tim

New Zealand

Edited by Kiwi_Tim

Thanks Tjod. I shall not bother with the weather until the next version is released. It's good to know there is nothing on my system causing the problem.

Tim

New Zealand