Can u add support with Avermedia A850?

mcflurry

Dear Arthur,

Thank yopu for your good software.

Recently i bought a new USB TV Strick " AverMedia AVerTV DMB850 Plus A850", DVBViewer can find out A850 , but cannot find out any channel although has signal, now i can only use its bundle software , but it is very bad ,please help me, thanks!

The following links is the driver download page of " AverMedia AVerTV DMB850 Plus A850"

http://www.avermedia.com/avertv/Support/Do...iver&id=437

actually, this 'stick' is both compatible for DVB and DMB, the China Digi-TV format.

i know that for those who only support DMB would be able to watch the TV by DVBViewer, it

seems that the 'stick' or the software has just been automatically chosen the DVB as the only

system for channel searching. Arthur, would you mind edit the program to fit for this suitation?

just like adding a plug-in/program to 'cheat' DVBViewer, the TV 'stick' is just simply support DMB.

the following link is the official player download site, you may take it as reference:

http://www.avermedia.com/AVerTV/Support/Do...mp;tab=APDriver

AVerTV & Aver MediaCentre are both suitable for it.

Edited by westrail
  • 1 month later...

yes, i am using this usb tuner @ hong kong now, and it is the dmb-th system, but DVBViewer cannot scan the channel successfully.......please add this hardware support. because it is a good design tuner with style and provide reliable performance. :blush:

If it has a BDA driver it should work (-S/-C/-T).

do you mean it is the driver issure, the avermedia dmb850 driver dont support the third party viewer? :)

BDA is a standardized interface which the DVBViewer uses. It has been proven to be properly used in combination with hundrets of DVB adapters. If AverMedia does not feature such a driver or does not implement BDA properly, then DVBViewer is a no-go.

Edited by CiNcH
BDA is a standardized interface which the DVBViewer uses. It has been proven to be properly used in combination with hundrets of DVB adapters. If AverMedia does not feature such a driver or does not implement BDA properly, then DVBViewer is a no-go.

i looked at the menu settings ->option -> hardware -> the name mentioned of device is "Avermedia A850 BDA Digital Tuner", Does it mean it is the BDA driver?

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
anyone found a solution for this device ?

Hi there, it works.

AverMedia has BDA drivers.

Go to http://www.avermedia.com/AVerTV/Support/Do...spx?Type=Driver

I tested Win7 drivers for "AverTV Volar Black HD A850", you can downloed the driver from the driver section.

If you need drivers for Win XP, AverMedia does not supply drivers directly.

Download the AverTV Application, that has all drivers embedded.

Use an extraction program, e.g 7zip or uniextract (google) to extract the archive. Do not install!

Go to AP6\drivers\default and extract Setup_x86.exe with 7zip or uniextratct.

The driver is now in folder setup_x86.

Control-Panel->System->device-manger, locate "unknown device", update driver and point to the driver folder "setup_x86"...

done.

Tommi