IRTrans Remote - Zalman HD160

Goodmorning, i'm a new user of DVBWiever (sorry for my english).

I'd like to know if is possible to use IR Trans Remote (my HTPC's case is a Zalman HD160) to control DVBWiever?

Thanks.

massimo

Goodmorning, i'm a new user of DVBWiever (sorry for my english).

I'd like to know if is possible to use IR Trans Remote (my HTPC's case is a Zalman HD160) to control DVBWiever?

Thanks.

massimo

No problem, just define DVBViewer application in the IMON Manager and start defining the commands that match the DVBViewer settings. Add/change keyboard settings in the DVBViewer Settings->Option->Input. When I defined the Zalman Remote I had both windows visible in order to co-ordinate the settings in both application.

Enjoy!

Regards

DolKbg

just define DVBViewer application in the IMON Manager

Thanks but I dont't use IMON.

I'd like to use only MCE Remote IRTrans with IRTrans Server Suite. Is possible??

Oterwise is possible to use HIP?

Thanks.

Hi

massimo

Hi! ;) My plugin mentioned above is for the IRTrans display.

For accessing the remote control, you need nothing special, cause it is WinLIRC compatible. You need to activate the WinLIRC plugin in the DVBViewer settings, that's all! The only thing is, that IRTrans generates keyboard codes and WinLIRC codes for each keypress on the remote control. So if you learn commands in DVBViewer, more than one command is added to the DVBViewer input list, when you press a key on the remote control. You must delete all non WinLIRC commands after you pressed a key, otherwise you will get a strange behaviour with the remote control.

To connect the remote control to the "power" switch of the Zalman case:

• Open the IRTrans GUI client
  • Select menu entry "Modus" - "Device Status".
  • In the edit fields "PowerON Remote/Command" enter the text "mediacenter" in the left field and "power" in the right field
  • Enter the same in the fields below "PowerOFF Remote/Command" - if you let DVBViewer shut down your computer, leave these fields blank.
  • Click on "Modus setzen" (or maybe, "Set modus" in english ?)

If you switch off the computer with IRTrans, the tool "Hibernate Trigger" is very useful:

http://www.rpi.edu/~desimn/suspendtrigger/

The IRTrans mapping between remote control keys and keyboard keys can be configured in the file

"C:\Program files\IRTrans\remotes\apps.cfg"

I added "support" for PowerDVD in this file so i can control PowerDVD with the same remote and (nearly) the same keys like DVBViewer. I only had to correct 2 small bugs in the "IRServer.exe" to do this (source code is available ;) )

If you use the "original" Microsoft remote control (manufactured by Philips, type RC153), it is good to add the following new lines to the file

"C:\Program files\IRTrans\remotes\mediacenter.rem" in the section [COMMANDS]:

[*][T]0[D]S11101010000000000011110000010000011101
 [#][T]0[D]S11101010000000000011110000010000011100

If they are missing, the keys "*" and "#" don't work.

And additionally, Zalman mounted an IR receiver with a bad frequency. The Philips RC153 (Microsoft Mediacenter) transmits a 36KHz signal, the Zalman case comes with a 40 KHz receiver so the sensitivity for IR signals from the remote control was very bad. After i changed the receiver to a 36 KHz type (e.g. a TSOP1736) everything is o.k. now. Maybe, Zalman recognized this problem, but if your remote does not work well, you should consider to change the remote receiver on the PCB in the Zalman case.

Edit: Philips document for the remote: http://www.remotecontrol.philips.com/libra...ments/RC153.pdf

Edited by SnoopyDog
For accessing the remote control, you need nothing special, cause it is WinLIRC compatible. You need to activate the WinLIRC plugin in the DVBViewer settings, that's all!

Thanks for your help.

Generally i use the remote (original IR Trans Remote found in bundle with the Zalman HD160) with Mediaportal and it work perfectly. I allready modified apps.cfg file to solve problems (twice commands) in this way, i delete the following block of lines:

[APP]*

[ACTIVE]

[TYPE]KEY

[REMOTE]mediacenter

[COMMANDS]

1 [KEY]1

2 [KEY]2[KEY]a[KEY]b[KEY]c

3 [KEY]3[KEY]d[KEY]e[KEY]f

4 [KEY]4[KEY]g[KEY]h[KEY]i

5 [KEY]5[KEY]j[KEY]k[KEY]l

6 [KEY]6[KEY]m[KEY]n[KEY]o

7 [KEY]7[KEY]p[KEY]q[KEY]r[KEY]s

8 [KEY]8[KEY]t[KEY]u[KEY]v

9 [KEY]9[KEY]w[KEY]x[KEY]y[KEY]z

0 [KEY]0[KEY]\SPACE

OK [KEY]\ENTER

ENTER [KEY]\ENTER

LEFT [KEY]\LEFT

RIGHT [KEY]\RIGHT

DOWN [KEY]\DOWN

UP [KEY]\UP

CLEAR [KEY]\BACKSPACE

[END-COMMANDS]

[END-APP]

With AltDVB (WinLIRC compatible mode) work fine too.

I try with DVBViewer (WinLIRC compatible mode) but don't work, the software don't respond to the remote imput.

But i will retray doday.

Thanks

massimo

But i will retray doday.

Perfect, all work fine ;)

- activate the WinLIRC plugin in the DVBViewer settings

- imported "default_ts35.remote" profile in setting/controls (or commands?) instead of "default.remote" profile.

Only a questions: is better to import "default_ts35.remote" or "default_kbd.remote" profile?

Thanks

massimo

• 3 months later...
Hi! ;) My plugin mentioned above is for the IRTrans display.

For accessing the remote control, you need nothing special, cause it is WinLIRC compatible. You need to activate the WinLIRC plugin in the DVBViewer settings, that's all! The only thing is, that IRTrans generates keyboard codes and WinLIRC codes for each keypress on the remote control. So if you learn commands in DVBViewer, more than one command is added to the DVBViewer input list, when you press a key on the remote control. You must delete all non WinLIRC commands after you pressed a key, otherwise you will get a strange behaviour with the remote control.

To connect the remote control to the "power" switch of the Zalman case:

• Open the IRTrans GUI client
  • Select menu entry "Modus" - "Device Status".
  • In the edit fields "PowerON Remote/Command" enter the text "mediacenter" in the left field and "power" in the right field
  • Enter the same in the fields below "PowerOFF Remote/Command" - if you let DVBViewer shut down your computer, leave these fields blank.
  • Click on "Modus setzen" (or maybe, "Set modus" in english ?)

If you switch off the computer with IRTrans, the tool "Hibernate Trigger" is very useful:

http://www.rpi.edu/~desimn/suspendtrigger/

The IRTrans mapping between remote control keys and keyboard keys can be configured in the file

"C:\Program files\IRTrans\remotes\apps.cfg"

I added "support" for PowerDVD in this file so i can control PowerDVD with the same remote and (nearly) the same keys like DVBViewer. I only had to correct 2 small bugs in the "IRServer.exe" to do this (source code is available :bounce: )

If you use the "original" Microsoft remote control (manufactured by Philips, type RC153), it is good to add the following new lines to the file

"C:\Program files\IRTrans\remotes\mediacenter.rem" in the section [COMMANDS]:

[*][T]0[D]S11101010000000000011110000010000011101
 [#][T]0[D]S11101010000000000011110000010000011100

If they are missing, the keys "*" and "#" don't work.

And additionally, Zalman mounted an IR receiver with a bad frequency. The Philips RC153 (Microsoft Mediacenter) transmits a 36KHz signal, the Zalman case comes with a 40 KHz receiver so the sensitivity for IR signals from the remote control was very bad. After i changed the receiver to a 36 KHz type (e.g. a TSOP1736) everything is o.k. now. Maybe, Zalman recognized this problem, but if your remote does not work well, you should consider to change the remote receiver on the PCB in the Zalman case.

Edit: Philips document for the remote: http://www.remotecontrol.philips.com/libra...ments/RC153.pdf

Hi SnoopyDog,

I`m new here and I want to ask you for the commands you added to the apps.cfg to get support for Powerdvd. Can you please post them? Would be a great help! ThanX

Hi ;)

I already answered you by mail, but maybe this is interesting for others as well. I added

[APP]POWERDVD
 [ACTIVE]
 [CLASSNAME]PDVDSERV Dummy Window
 [REMOTE]mediacenter
 [COMMANDS]
BACK	[KEY]\ESC
PLAY	[KEY]\ENTER
PAUSE	[KEY]\SPACE
STOP	[KEY]\CTRLX[KEY]S
DVDMENU	 [KEY]J
EHOME	[KEY]\CTRLP
RED		 [KEY]\F9
GREEN	[KEY]\F10
YELLOW	[KEY]\F11
BLUE		[KEY]\F12
NEXT	[KEY]N
PREV	[KEY]P
REW		[KEY]B
FWD		[KEY]F
VOL-	[KEY]\-
VOL+	[KEY]\+
MUTE	[KEY]Q
INFO		[KEY]D
*		   [KEY]H
#		   [KEY]U
 [END-COMMANDS]
[END-APP]

to my apps. cfg. The process "PDVDServ.exe" must be running because it creates the invisible window with the name "PDVDSERV Dummy Window". I use PowerDVD 7 ultra and i think, they didn't change this in version 8.

Unfortunately, the original "IRServer.exe" was not able to generate keyboard output for "Numerical +/-" ("Add"/"Subtract") and "CTRL+Char". The good thing is, that IRTrans comes with the source code for the IRServer so it was easy for me to add the missing things. Maybe, if you have a newer version than me, it's working already for "+" and "-" - but then the syntax for "+" and "-" should be "VOL- [KEY]-" (without a "\"). For me it was easier to leave it like this. For me it is o.k. and it's working with "my" IRServer.exe". ;)

I didn't use newer versions of IRTrans because the last software i tested did not initialize the display properly after switching on my HTPC. So i use an older version with "my" IRServer.

The handling of "STOP" maybe a bit strange for you, but i call PowerDVD with a new menu entry from within DVBViewer (with a very simple batch file) and "Stop" does not only stop playback, it also closes PowerDVD and returns to DVBViewer.

Edit: The Cyberlink PDVDServ.exe also contains texts like "CLCMD_0" .. "CLCMD_9", "CLCMD_UP", "CLCMD_DVD_SUBTITLE" and so on. But i wasn't able to find out how to fire them. Mybe, it's working with "[APP]" and the matching text in the apps.cfg.

Ah, i forgot. I some forums, users recommend to delete the standard key mappings at the start of the apps.cfg file to get rid of double commands. If you did this, you should add

1		[KEY]1
2		[KEY]2
3		[KEY]3
4		[KEY]4
5		[KEY]5
6		[KEY]6
7		[KEY]7
8		[KEY]8
9		[KEY]9
0		[KEY]0
OK		[KEY]\ENTER
ENTER	[KEY]\ENTER