Channel logo removal

timetec

Removing static channel logos (eg 'RTL') from video streams....

I know that this topic has been touched upon once by Klausing in the English threads with references to Ffdshow & Dscaler, using these to remove channel logos in REAL TIME - but I did not have any success with either :-(

What I really need is a piece of software that can remove channel logos from a standard mpg video clip after it has been recorded by DVBViewer.

Does anyone know if such software might exists ??

thank you :-)

Richard

Thanks everyone - VirtualDub is truly an excellent tool ;)

I have found that the 'logoaway.vdf' filter plugin is much easier to use than the 'DeLogo.vdf' filter - some really good results !

This sort of brings me round to another problem....

I can ONLY view mpg2 videos recorded in DVBViewer with DVBViewer...

I have WMP9 / Realone Player / WinAmp (and now VirtualDub) - but none of these will play any mpg2 video recorded by DVBViewer (video files in 'Capture' folder)

Is this normal behaviour ?

Richard :)

Hi,

i think the problem is the mpeg-header in these files. Many programs depend on correct length-info time wise of the files. Run them through PVAstrumento and it'll work.

Bye

Aydan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I've never tried that, I convert nearly everything to DivX with VDub MPEG2.

Bye, Oliver

PS: I've just noticed there's been an error with my post. :)

PPS: Okay, I just performed a test. I've taken a recording with logo and used the Logoaway filter within VDub-MPEG2 and started the frameserver. Everything worked fine. That was a really good advice of yours. :blush: It also works with TMPGEnc.

Edited by Oliver