DVBV with Hauppauge HVR-4000 remote

I'd be very interested to hear from anyone who has the remote bundled with the Hauppauge HVR-4000 working well with DVBV.

I've done a fair bit of poking around in the forum, tried various alternative solutions and nothing works well for me so far. The only one that has the remote actually triggering anything is this one http://www.DVBViewer.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=17162 (sorry, the thread is in German) which replaces the standard irremote.ini in the Windows root directory and default.remote in DVBViewer\remotes. A few buttons on my remote work, some of them are assigned inappropriately.

As the thread is in German and my German is not exactly perfect, especially when things get so technical, I lost track in the thread which Happauge tuner cards people were actually using, and whether the customised irremote.ini which I found elsewhere in the forum (it had disappeared from the thread mentioned above) was actually the right one to use with the original Hauppauge remote driver or designed to work with some other variant.

Anyway, long story short: if you've got the bundled remote working nicely with DVBV, using the above or any other solution and you could spare the time to walk me through it I'd be most grateful.

Edited by hdv
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Hello Mats

Sorry, only just saw this. Have you made any progress in the meantime or do you still need a How To ?

I'd love to know how you got this to work.

• 1 year later...