"DVBVIEWER has stopped responding"

Kevin Bishop

I have recently rebuilt my media PC and installed DVBViewer 3.9.2.0, with all the same drivers etc. as before, I just wanted a 'clean install' to resolve some issues with Vista.

Since then DVBViewer keeps crashing with the message above. It crashes while watching, recording and using the menus, perhaps 3 or 4 times a day.

I have since upgraded to 3.9.4.0 - same problem.

I cannot find any reason for this and no errors in any logs I can find.

I am using Intervideo Decoder, which came with WinDVD. This is the only decoder I can find that plays video and audio on all satellite channels as well as most DVDs. Although every now and again I get a 'green screen', but restarting DVBViewer sorts this.

Once DVBViewer has crshed it will not restart without a full reboot of the PC.

Can anybody shed any light on this?

Or perhaps point me towards a log file that might tell me why DVBViewer keeps hanging?

Many Thanks,

Kevin.

try another video decoder. for audio the current AC3Filter is working for my without problems.

For logfile: go start -> programs -> DVBViewer program group -> support -> DVBViewer (Debugmode) (only 3.9.4) reproduce it and take a look at the debug log in the userdata folder or post a support.zip and we can have a look and maybe help.

I have tried the latest cyberlink decoder, and DVBViewer has stopped crashing, however the image quality is terrible.

Since installing this decoder, The Discovery Channel has stopped working along with several other discovery channels - even if I switch back to Intervideo.

I have removed all unused decoders and re-scanned the channels - to no avail.

I have attached the support.zip in the hope that you may be able to assist.

Thanks,

Kevin

support.zip

Discovery problem solved - it was a sky card issue.

I have now completely clean installed DVBViewer.

The only problem I have currently is no audio playing DVDs.......still working on it.