h264 decoding using MPCHC Filter

macca2007

Would it be possible to enable the use of Media Player Classic Home Cinema decoding filter within DVBViewer. Although properly registered and working with other other filter based players, on DVBViewer there is no picture only sound. DVBSource seems to be working and the MPCHC filter shows on the filter list as operating.

This free filter means we can have DXVA without buying the Cyberlink software.

Heres the link to the filter

http://surfnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcefo...MPCVideoDec.zip

Kevin

Edited by macca2007

Griga has already taken a look at it. Currently, not everything concerning the demuxer/decoder interaction is clear. Here, DVBSource only fills the buffers and constantly shows 'Buffer Overrun'.

Did you ever try to play interlaced content with it? For example through MPC-HC?

But it is for sure a promising decoder.

Griga has already taken a look at it. Currently, not everything concerning the demuxer/decoder interaction is clear. Here, DVBSource only fills the buffers and constantly shows 'Buffer Overrun'.

Did you ever try to play interlaced content with it? For example through MPC-HC?

But it is for sure a promising decoder.

Yes...the official version could not correctly playback my SkyHD captures (1920x1088i - Field TFF) looked like it was only playing back half the fields.

The latest build version of the program rather than the filter itself plays back MBAFF and PAFF perfectly, although there was no mention of this in the changelog. (version 1102r536)

Kevin

Hello.

I have MPCvideodecoder registered and selected in DVBViewer setting's as the H264 decoder. With version 3.9.2.0 all of my 720p mkv files work with ~2% CPU load. Version 3.9.4.0 crashes with mkv files. There is also a sync problem with avi files with the new version.

Version 3.9.4.0 crashes with mkv files. There is also a sync problem with avi files with the new version.

Think something changed your DirectShow system. In case of AVI or MKV, DVBViewer actually does nothing but search for the correct 3rd party filters in your system.

So you may check which filters are used for new and older version of the DVBViewer with GraphEdit (connect to remote graph). But please discuss this within another thread. This is about TS playback and live TV with internal stream processing (DVBSource).

Edited by CiNcH
The latest build version of the program rather than the filter itself plays back MBAFF and PAFF perfectly, although there was no mention of this in the changelog. (version 1102r536)

I only know that it was on Casimir's internal todo list. Maybe he has silently included some test code which needs to be verified first...

http://www.tosei.ru/isoft/MPCVideoDec_541_x86.7z

This is a pretty recent version of the decoder (think built today). Maybe you can try it with Haali and a TS PAFF and MBAFF file..

Just checked standard interlaced TS. will check MBAFF later..

The filter still doesnt playback interlaced stream correctly wherea the mpc-hc build r536 by _xxl ( http://213.113.149.94/showthread.php?t=123537 ) does.....

there was some changes in r510 for interlaced playback ( http://mpc-hc.svn.sourcforge.net/viewvc/mpc-hc/?view=log ) could have been that.

r536 works indeed with DXVA for interlaced content. But no hardware deinterlacing is applied. Standalone filter stays black.

Edited by CiNcH

After i registered the filter, graphedit closed itself. (while clicking DirectX Filters)

After unregistering, graphedit works normally.

No problem here with GraphStudio at least. Used the filter together with Haali splitter and VMR9 unter XP.

Edited by CiNcH

Hi CiNcH,

I liked GraphStudio as well but for the time being it doesn't give EVR support yet.

So with my Vista, no luck ;)

I've never been able to run this decoder in MPC-HC also. Always had to use external filters.

Just for information:

I've just tried with alexins' 1.1.0.2.558.exe, even "EVR Custom Pres." is working.

For the first time for me, EVR Custom is working with MPC decoder. (i mean even just EVR had never worked before)

Here

Edited by ricabullah
Would it be possible to enable the use of Media Player Classic Home Cinema decoding filter within DVBViewer. Although properly registered and working with other other filter based players, on DVBViewer there is no picture only sound. DVBSource seems to be working and the MPCHC filter shows on the filter list as operating.

This free filter means we can have DXVA without buying the Cyberlink software.

Heres the link to the filter

http://surfnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcefo...MPCVideoDec.zip

Kevin

Actually, my HTPC is using this codec for matroskas (X264), and it accelerates them fine!! Cyberlink only likes standard H264 ;)

I have an Ati 3850HD

Actually, my HTPC is using this codec for matroskas (X264), and it accelerates them fine!! Cyberlink only likes standard H264 ;)

I have an Ati 3850HD

Oops! Sorry. Not every X264 is well accelerated.

I've just checked that watching a downloaded 720p film... It stopped.